Quote Originally Posted by Zarastayaa View Post
    Sorrior, I too love the Hayate no Gotoku series, and as such a fan, I know you must Love Hinagiku, right? Even if you don't I feel the need to show the gloriousness of this picture, even to regular anime fans are like "Awwwwwww" in such a way that their like "Daaaamn"

It's a rather favorite of mine, not just because of the Hinagiku goodness, but also because of the overall feel. I think it's the look in her eyes...

I'll let you all decide.

I'm the can't choose type but yeah Hina is definitely up there with Isumi(cute as hell) and Ayumu as well as Nishizawa oh and the girl who has a near identical backstory in the manga. Nagi be damned i like those one the most so far.

Sorrior, I too love the Hayate no Gotoku series, and as such a fan, I know you must Love Hinagiku, right? Even if you don't I feel the need to show the gloriousness of this picture, even to regular anime fans are like "Awwwwwww" in such a way that their like "Daaaamn"

It's a rather favorite of mine, not just because of the Hinagiku goodness, but also because of the overall feel. I think it's the look in her eyes...

I'll let you all decide.

Thank you very much for pointing me to a photobucket wheere I'll be busy for the rest of the day saving the images there, haha. It'll be a decent collection to add to my one, thanks ^^.

I always found Freezing a bit weird and I couldn't really watch more than the first episode, I have a strange distaste to abnormally large breasts, I'm all for large breasts I just don't find extremely large breasts suitable for anime. An example would be Shiba in Kamisama Dolls, some of the scenes show how stupidly drawn the breasts are. (Don't get me wrong though, large breasts can work in anime if done tastefully rather than just thrown in for good measure.)
    Last edited by Scotai; 2011-08-14 at 09:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Neichus View Post
    *a) A little-girl anime with no intended moe appeal

That better?

Edit: About halfway through Legend of Legendary Heroes. Am I the only one that wishes they spent more time on Sion and Miran? The politics of nations and the dilemmas of power are a lot more fascinating than watching the umpteenth lonely good guy who has a great hidden power of destruction (/waves at Kenshin, Vash, Naruto, Ichigo, Yusuke Yurameshi, Abel Nightroad, Hei, Touma...).
    If you are looking for political intrigue, you should check out Legend of the Galactic Heroes. Older series so the animation might look a bit dated and it is pretty long, 110 episodes, but it is brilliant. It is a space war epic, but none of that solo person with crazy powers or super mech winning battles alone. Focus is on two new commanders on each side of the conflict and how war changes them.

Synopsis from ANN:
    "For decades, the Galactic Empire has been locked in an interstellar war with the Free Planets Alliance, a conflict that involves thousands of spaceships and millions of soldiers on both sides. Two new commanders enter the conflict with great hopes: Imperial Admiral Reinhard von Lohengramm and the FPA's Yang Wen-Li. As they deal with superiors and subordinates, maneuver through complicated political arrangements, plot strategies, and win battles, each will be tested, and ultimately, changed, by the reality of war. "

Quote Originally Posted by Scotai View Post
    Thank you very much for pointing me to a photobucket wheere I'll be busy for the rest of the day saving the images there, haha. It'll be a decent collection to add to my one, thanks ^^.

I always found Freezing a bit weird and I couldn't really watch more than the first episode, I have a strange distaste to abnormally large breasts, I'm all for large breasts I just don't find extremely large breasts suitable for anime. An example would be Shiba in Kamisama Dolls, some of the scenes show how stupidly drawn the breasts are. (Don't get me wrong though, large breasts can work in anime if done tastefully rather than just thrown in for good measure.)
    That's actually my personal collection, but It's nothing special compared to miss Remilia with her... 100k + collection... But I like my collection and it's a work in progress. And for me it's not really the breasts but rather the personality of a character
    3DS Friend Code: 4570-7512-3595

And for me it's not really the breasts but rather the personality of a character
    I'm sure everybody on the last page was ogling over her personality.
    "Choose not the life of imitation."
    "See your world through my eyes: a universe so vast as to be immeasurable, incomprehensible even to your greatest minds."
    "Things are not as they appear, nor are they otherwise."

http://i.imgur.com/GVCTb.jpg <- Best combination of personality in looks.

I always thought this would be a good example of trying to include personality in looks, it's pretty easy to draw an outgoing/happy person or a depressed/thoughtful person, it's a bit harder to get across a wide range of personalities that are a little more convoluted than people would like to acknowledge. I'm probably thinking too much into it though.
    Last edited by Scotai; 2011-08-14 at 07:16 PM.

I hope there will be a 3rd season of Spice & Wolf. I love when anime succeed in integrating an original aspect like in this one, the trade/market stuff.
    A few episodes left on Angel Beats! at the moment. Very funny when they joke around with every cliche of heroic shonen scene in mangas. "I will sacrifice myself guys! RUN! Run and don't look back!" "Ok thanks, see ya" *die painfully*.

The anime I watched recently and would recommend:

- Toradora. The personalities of each characters are very good and that what makes the show. + Inko-chan (the only animal in anime I wanted to ... suppress by pity. "What is that! How can they keep it alive? By go, put it down and let it find peace instead of agonizing all day long"..... "those eyes!! those mad evil eyes! MUST.. NOT.. MAKE... EYE.. CONTA...!!! ahhhhh I saw pure madness!!!)

- Gosick. Very very good anime. With the cover of a loli Gothic style main character, I hesitated a bit but it was surprising. With the story taking place in Europe 1924, the usual Japanese representative is an exchange student in an imaginary country between France and Italy. And the good thing is that it's absolutely not a school anime nor "oh i love her at first sight but i'll need 20+ episodes to tell her" kinda stuff (no panties, no big breast). Almost no scene at all in a classroom.
    The anime is a mix of Agatha Christie Detective style and strange murder/stories in an early 20th century Europe right between the 2 World Wars. The smaller stories (investigation) takes multiple episode so nothing is rushed (special mention for the end of the ***** Stone arc). The 2 main characters are a perfect match (the japanese student and the European gothic loli). ++ for the voice actors. Hopefully the male main character personality is very good in the role of a gentleman/sidekick in an early 1920s environment (the outfit are all well done in European style). The female character looks annoying but you can't hate her as she is a mix of cuteness and highly intellectual. Relations between the 2 are well done.
    So go see it now. Totally worth it. (The only complain would be that the male character might be yelling the girl's name way to much in the long term but anyway, I would give it between 9 and 9.5 / 10)
    And +++++++++ for the Opening and the 2 Endings (1st ending!). Sweet.

Last edited by Ikelepte; 2011-08-15 at 08:50 AM.
    Personal Blog : "Sharing Thoughts and Stuff" <-> http://ikelepte.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Niyari View Post
    http://i.imgur.com/GVCTb.jpg <- Best combination of personality in looks.
    I agree, Horo/Holo was just a fun and cute character. What I find endlessly ironic is how objectified she is in most art given her basic attitude toward males through the entire series. After searching her own name on Google I'm guessing her face would be something akin to:

"They could have at least drawn me eating more apples."

---------- Post added 2011-08-14 at 01:56 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Scotai View Post
    I always thought this would be a good example of trying to include personality in looks, it's pretty easy to draw an outgoing/happy person or a depressed/thoughtful person, it's a bit harder to get across a wide range of personalities that are a little more convoluted than people would like to acknowledge. I'm probably thinking too much into it though.
    Somebody did me a favor some 30 pages back and found some pretty good stuff of Kurisu from Steins;Gate that captured her pretty well. Unfortunately when I went back to find it the site had been removed.
    Last edited by Neichus; 2011-08-14 at 07:58 PM.
    "See your world through my eyes: a universe so vast as to be immeasurable, incomprehensible even to your greatest minds."

aaahhh Horo i never get tired of her even now Im all about Togame Horo always caughts my attention

I'm sure everybody on the last page was ogling over her personality.

I'm sure they were ogling her eyes/stomach/hips... mmm... those hips...
    3DS Friend Code: 4570-7512-3595

I just got done watching School days. Holy shit, that's one fucked up ending.

Quote Originally Posted by Faded Design View Post
    I just got done watching School days. Holy shit, that's one fucked up ending.
    Surprised ya didn't know already seeing as it's not only the origin of nice boat(censored TV broadcast showed a boat instead of the gore quite funny actually) and the ending itself is quite famous in it's own right. Then again i may just hang out in the crazy parts of the internet so meh.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Your wife just doesn;t get it then.

Oh and try Zero no Tsukaima and Tenchi Muyo GXP oh also Isekai no Seikishi Monogatari, Vandread for some action and fanservice Oh right and for nigh absolute fanservice and awesome action try Ichiban Ushiro no Daimou or as the english release calls it Demon King Daimou oh right and Gravion and Goddannar

as for pure fanservice try

Girls Bravo and Dears

Ichiban Ushiro no Daimou, Gravion, Goddannar and Girls Bravo should be PERFECFT for you while the others may not be perfect but should be close enough to have you really enjoying them.
    EDIT forgot to add Kurogane no Linebarrel or Linebarrels of Iron trust me you'll love it fanservice and fighting. Oh and at one point the main character can't summon his mech due to nosebleeds you can guess why. Oh and go for the official release if ya can it;s uncensored after all.

---------- Post added 2011-08-13 at 10:48 AM ----------

Yaknow, I really can't get into the whole robot thing. I see people in suits and i feel like I'm watching sunday morning Hanna Barbara or Cartoon express. It's like it's 1985 and I'm 10yo old again.

I'm about mid way through the first girls bravo season, it's pretty good so far. I bookmarked Demon King Daimou, I'll get to that one too. Still trying to find a good download of anything else. Wish crunchyroll had some of these, I spend more time on free sites anymore then I ever do on crunchyroll, I guess I'll just be paying 6 bucks a month to watch Bleach a few days early.

---------- Post added 2011-08-15 at 10:49 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Surprised ya didn't know already seeing as it's not only the origin of nice boat(censored TV broadcast showed a boat instead of the gore quite funny actually) and the ending itself is quite famous in it's own right. Then again i may just hang out in the crazy parts of the internet so meh.
    Ya well yaknow. I said it like 20 pages back somewhere but, I just started watching other types not too long ago. Since I found Bleach years ago, that's the only thing I've ever been able to really get into. So everything is new to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Faded Design View Post
    Yaknow, I really can't get into the whole robot thing. I see people in suits and i feel like I'm watching sunday morning Hanna Barbara or Cartoon express. It's like it's 1985 and I'm 10yo old again.

---------- Post add
    LOL you'd be surprised. For instant the Isekai series doesn't even touch on the robot aspect much until later on and in vandread it;s more about the humor than the mecha. Besides i only even mentioned things with enough fanservice to apparently land some of em in the adult section of the local comic store(apparently some mother bitched or something like that). But trust me the old Hanna Barbera stuff has NOTHING on these shows even if they are more fanservice oriented. Hell even Golion kicks voltrons ass with things like beheading the so called "robeasts" actually being 100% organic blood coming off the bodies the sword failing REGULARLY actual death of main characters and so on. Trust me man these are NOT your saturday morning cartoons.

Try Gundam 08th Ms Team or 0080 War in the Pocket oh and 0083 Stardust Memory. All three of those are pretty serious and good examples of mecha shows that will most likely be as different from saturday morning cartoons as ya can get. Oh and Zeta gundam as well i mean kamilles mom dies in the 2nd or 3rd episode shot to death right in front of him(if you consider this spoilers get out more this show was aired in 85). Heh i'll need to think of some more but trust me mecha is not what you think it is. Even Wing was censored in it;s original airing here in the US. Robotech was as well when they merged the series for that matter.

Camille is a MANS NAME

---------- Post added 2011-08-15 at 10:59 PM ----------

VOTOMS is no kids cartoon

Last edited by Shishca; 2011-08-15 at 10:59 PM.

Well, I lied before: I ended up having a few spare hours and finished off The Legend of Legendary Heroes. I'd say it was pretty solidly "alright." While I can see that it's based on manga/LNs it feels like they didn't really take into consideration how much time they had to work with in the anime. That is, just following Sion/Miran and Ryner/Ferris would have been enough for the series; I was probably enjoying the series the most around the late teens when it seemed like they had accumulated enough interesting situations that needed to be resolved. But they try to follow Kiefer, Milk and her squad, Duke Lieral, Tiir, and all the Gastark people and instead of making the series richer it detracts from the main plot because they feel thrown in there as plot devices rather than as characters in their own right. In the end they just run out of time and don't do justice to anybody. Again, I'm aware that this is based off of other material but it felt like they did a poor job selecting what was most important.

With that out of the way the animation was pretty good and I liked a lot of the effects used in the show (especially when Ryner starts annihilating stuff). I also thoroughly liked Miran Froaude's role in the series. And obviously I thought was at least entertaining enough to finish. I guess off to Clannad now...
    Last edited by Neichus; 2011-08-15 at 11:47 PM.

Well, I lied before: I ended up having a few spare hours and finished off The Legend of Legendary Heroes. I'd say it was pretty solidly "alright." While I can see that it's based on manga/LNs it feels like they didn't really take into consideration how much time they had to work with in the anime. That is, just following Sion/Miran and Ryner/Ferris would have been enough for the series; I was probably enjoying the series the most around the late teens when it seemed like they had accumulated enough interesting situations that needed to be resolved. But they try to follow Kiefer, Milk and her squad, Duke Lieral, Tiir, and all the Gastark people and instead of making the series richer it detracts from the main plot because they feel thrown in there as plot devices rather than as characters in their own right. In the end they just run out of time and don't do justice to anybody. Again, I'm aware that this is based off of other material but it felt like they did a poor job selecting what was most important.

With that out of the way the animation was pretty good and I liked a lot of the effects used in the show (especially when Ryner starts annihilating stuff). I also thoroughly liked Miran Froaude's role in the series. And obviously I thought was at least entertaining enough to finish. So I guess with that out of the way I may poke Clannad with a 10 foot pole.
    I just realized the biggest difference between us. You seem to mainly process all the data on a conscious while i do it mainly on a subconscious level. That an i don;t focus as much on art or audio and more on the data from the story characters or even their comments. Even shows like Ichiban Ushiro no Daimou god me thinking(mainly about how if ya think about it the classical christian demons are more freedom seekers than necessarily evil entities). It's interesting though to see how others process data and information to reach a conclusion.

With that out of the way the animation was pretty good and I liked a lot of the effects used in the show (especially when Ryner starts annihilating stuff). I also thoroughly liked Miran Froaude's role in the series. And obviously I thought was at least entertaining enough to finish. I guess off to Clannad now...
    Watch this next:
    http://myanimelist.net/anime/820/Leg...alactic_Heroes

I think you would like it.