Quote Originally Posted by Neichus View Post
    For me it's a fine line. I don't watch disturbing things for their own sake; in fact if I feel that a show is trying to be demented just for shock/emotional value then I'll probably just stop watching it (I came || this close to dropping Black Lagoon because of the Romanian kids). However, there are more subtle ways that the feeling can be employed. That same sense of disgust is evoked when one is faced with a moral mismatch and is the basis for ethical dilemmas. It's how a series can tell you that something is wrong without stating it. To me that's much of the power of this kind of artistic medium: conveying ideas by elegant demonstration rather than less-efficacious prose.

***GUNSLINGER GIRL SPOILERS***

That said, I can only guess that "screwed up little killer girls" is a reference to Gunslinger Girl (yay, all my posts weren't a waste!). Not sure if you watched the whole series, but I think it ends on a surprisingly hopeful and sublime note. Despite everything that transpires divinity is still able to shine through.

You also have to look at more subtle points; for instance the two girls that die in the series aren't designed to be tearjerkers. Elsa's death scene, while undoubtedly tragic, is also played to the song Chiesa ("Church"). There's a definite loneliness to the melody, but it's an interesting selection as well with its up reaching choral aspect. In fact, they reserve the far sadder Etereo for when Elsa is emotionally crushed as well as for when Henrietta is first being trained; that is a song mourning the breaking of things that can never be fixed. While sad, her death is also a final culmination and the end of suffering. The other death, Angelica, (I apologize for lack of subs) is actually one of the most gentle passings I've ever seen. She is finally able to get the love from Marco that she has desperately desired and leaves the world in peace while the choral section of Beethoven's 9th soars in the background:

Joy, beautiful spark of divinity
    Daughter from Elysium,
    We enter, drunk with fire,
    Into your sanctuary, heavenly (daughter)!
    Your magic reunites
    What custom strictly divided.
    All men become brothers,
    Where your gentle wing rests.

So this is why I don't consider GSG offensive, because its disgust serves a very potent purpose to contrast what is next to what could and should be.
    Higurashi is also full of screwed up little killer girls....

Ohh and Science Day !!!! Steins;Gate - 20 its out there!!!
    Last edited by karloz1337; 2011-08-16 at 07:11 PM.

Deleted
    Jup Steins;Gate 20 is out and, oh damn...

Spoilers: So Mr Braun was FB, he kill Moeka and himself o boy. At least Okabe got to send the D-Mail, the next one he has to undo is the Lottery one isn't it? And he finally realises that going to the beta world line causes Kurisu's death, how is he gonna choose between saving on of them? Won't there be a way to save em both? I wonder how the last four episodes are gonna wrap this up to a happy ending, if its gonna be happy that is... Spoiler end.

Can't wait for next week, tough i can't see it because im going away for vacation =(

Quote Originally Posted by karloz1337 View Post
    Higurashi is also full of screwed up little killer girls....
    Hey, I can dream he meant GSG can't I? Maybe if I make enough verbose analytical posts on the show it'll become well known as a great series.

---------- Post added 2011-08-16 at 02:43 PM ----------

Just finished Steins;Gate and Digglett was right on. I too am now curious how this is going to wrap up in four or six episodes (is the series 24 or 26 episodes long?). Really hoping it ends solidly rather than doing a hyper-accelerated kaleidoscope ending like so many series do.
    Last edited by Neichus; 2011-08-16 at 08:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone know if there'll be a second season of Deadman Wonderland? The last episode somehow felt like the last ever, but the series has so much potential. :/
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

Quote Originally Posted by Makina View Post
    Frankly this scene is more fucked up than school days.

w t f .....

I don't think I could watch this now either. The School days ending was a shock, now that I know this is going to happen I don't think I could watch it again.

And I agree with the poster above. If she did it with a normal straight face I think it would have been alot more intense. The carzy 8yo look kinda put off the modd of the scene for me. I went from "Holy shit" to "Heh, what kinda face is that" with a chuckle. about 2 seconds apart
    Last edited by Faded Design; 2011-08-16 at 09:46 PM.

Just finished the latest episode of Kamisama Dolls, and I have one thing to say: Holy Shit
    3DS Friend Code: 3282-4450-9594

Quote Originally Posted by Badhairday View Post
    Anyone know if there'll be a second season of Deadman Wonderland? The last episode somehow felt like the last ever, but the series has so much potential. :/
    They set it up for a second season with that ending actually. As for the manga, what made up the first season was just the first major arc, after that comes the forgery arc and then whatever the current arc will be called (probably Kuro/Shiro arc)

finished watching season 2-3 of Hell Girl

god damn 70% of the characters in season 3 REALLY pisses me off... sending people to hell for the most dumbest BULL**** reason. I hope they suffer greatly in hell when they die.

however the other characters that send the people they hold a grudge against have a valid reason

i like Ai Endo even more in Season 3

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Notalent View Post
    They set it up for a second season with that ending actually. As for the manga, what made up the first season was just the first major arc, after that comes the forgery arc and then whatever the current arc will be called (probably Kuro/Shiro arc)
    Oh, well, awesome!
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

I love you steins gate

Quote Originally Posted by georgevonfranken View Post
    I love you steins gate
    Agreed.

Spoiler: This may sound a little weird but I really liked how Okabe threw up after seeing two people die. He's been such a great leading role in this series because he's not one of the standard stereotypes. He's not a coward but when presented with two people he knows being killed/committing suicide it's pretty natural to be overcome like that. If it were me I'd be at about my wit's end by this point having watched my childhood friend being murdered repeatedly, knowing people who no longer exist, and just having to keep straight all of the time lines in my own head (let alone now finding out you have to sacrifice the girl you like to save the future).

Although now that we know who FB is, how he managed to contact Moeka just before she committed suicide remains a mystery. It seems like you'd require a degree of prescience to contact such people. Oh well, dramatic license I guess? Also I'm not sure how I feel about FB being another tragic figure. It worked well for Moeka; they did a good job generating a lot of pathos for her character despite the things she'd "done" and last week's episode in particular just left her so pitiable. But now the second SERN flunky we meet we're also supposed to feel bad for? It seems like they already used that trick once.

@neichus

[spoiler]
    well from what FB said it looks like Cern chooses ppl a bit fucked up so that's why they choose him in the first place then he did the same with moeka and well my guess as i thought before was that the flashback we saw from moeka wasnt really accurate it was just depicting she was on the verge of committing suicide... not exactly in the few next second when she got the mail but possibly in the next hours/days... or maybe FB just got lucky

Also finished watching Gosick and well it was a nice story but i somehow felt something was missing...
    Last edited by karloz1337; 2011-08-17 at 07:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by karloz1337 View Post
    Also finished watching Gosick and well it was a nice story but i somehow felt something was missing...
    Gosick Spoiler: I think what felt off to me in the end was how the war was handled. I wasn't much a fan of Kujo through the whole story and the last thing with a giant war misplaced by 15 years annoyed me, so when they were reunited at the end it felt...strange. As I've said before my favorite part was actually seeing how the different puzzles Victorique was forced to solve by her father ended up coming together in one grand scheme to take over the country. But then it was just a bit of an anticlimactic wrap up from there.

do want http://gundamguy.blogspot.com/2011/0...-uc-girls.html

edit: damn i suddenly want to buy Super Robot Taisen L
    tho i cant read japanese i can still enjoy it

want to buy it because the its has Macross F, Godannar, Linebarrel, Jeeg, EVA, Gaiking, Mazinkaiser, and the Main Characters mech looks kickass
    Last edited by Shishca; 2011-08-18 at 04:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shishca View Post
    do want http://gundamguy.blogspot.com/2011/0...-uc-girls.html

edit: damn i suddenly want to buy Super Robot Taisen L
    tho i cant read japanese i can still enjoy it

want to buy it because the its has Macross F, Godannar, Linebarrel, Jeeg, EVA, Gaiking, Mazinkaiser, and the Main Characters mech looks kickass

I dont backread far so it might be random but the only thing i ever see you post about is mechas, is that your only real genre of interest?

Quote Originally Posted by Makina View Post
    I dont backread far so it might be random but the only thing i ever see you post about is mechas, is that your only real genre of interest?
    he also likes super robots!

HOLY PISS THE MEMORIES OF PHANTASM VID WE ALL LIKED RELEASED THE FULL EPISODE.

its low quality but i still watched all of it.

OKAY! Now I can gush about Steins;Gate:

Spoilers: That episode blew me away, although I already knew Mr. Braun was FB, just the matter of everything shocked me, and how calm Kurisu was at the end of the episode. Tuesday needs to be here, I'm so excited to see how this show ends -- if Kurisu dies I'm going to have a huge sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    OKAY! Now I can gush about Steins;Gate:
    You're not allowed to be banned over a Tuesday again; the thread was far far too quiet. And I agree, if that happens I'll be really sad. =/