Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    Goku as #2? Are you kidding me? I like DBZ, and Goku does love his kids, but he is a terrible father.
    Yeah, but if he's the dad, that means you're a super saiyan. Maybe even Mystic.

Only reason I'd want him as my dad. Piccolo best dad of DBZ.

Goku as #2? Are you kidding me? I like DBZ, and Goku does love his kids, but he is a terrible father.
    And now I remember all the DBZ Abridged scenes...even the most recent they mention it. And here too.

- - - Updated - - -

So I haven't watched the show or looked at any Chaika spoilers. What is good about Chaika?
    Last edited by Neichus; 2014-06-26 at 04:23 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    Did they poll the most pleb people ever, or what? I don't know anything about Naruto or One Piece but based off of short snippets I've seen I doubt Naruto (who is #10) or Luffy (who is #9) would make that great of dads (might be wrong tho). Also Kirito would be a shit dad unless you happen to be a cute little AI.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Neichus View Post
    And now I remember all the DBZ Abridged scenes...even the most recent they mention it.
    The first couple times were understandable. He was dead, he needed to save the world, etc. But it was the Cell Games that showed how terrible he really was as a father.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    Did they poll the most pleb people ever, or what? I don't know anything about Naruto or One Piece but based off of short snippets I've seen I doubt Naruto (who is #10) or Luffy (who is #9) would make that great of dads (might be wrong tho). Also Kirito would be a shit dad unless you happen to be a cute little AI.
    They're just fanboy/girling their favourite male anime characters. Naruto would be a horribly irresponsible Dad, as shown when he taught the grandson of the Third Hokage how to use his Harem Jutsu (transform into multiple beautiful women to confuse opponents). And while Luffy has an extreme protective instinct, if the people he cares about aren't in immediate danger he's completely irresponsible and totally absorbed in pursuing the core adventure (while at the same time having ADD). He's the captain of his crew but for the most part they're having to be his parents.

It was good to see the Nagisa's Dad from Clannad on there though, he's a pretty good candidate.

Wait, people voted Sebastian from Black Butler for a dad? As in, basically the devil himself? Call me a little skeptical, but somehow I doubt he has finely-tuned parenting skills.

10+ Year Old Account
    So I haven't watched the show or looked at any Chaika spoilers. What is good about Chaika?
    Not sure if Chaika is the type of anime that you'd like, knowing your tastes in particular, but here goes:

- Chaika is adorable
    - multiple factions with various shades of gray morality, key rivals constantly questioning their assigned mission/purpose showing that they're more than puppets, very few 'ermagerd I'm bad guise' kinda villains
    - action scenes are generally short, sweet, only done when necessary, and are usually decided in one or two well-landed attacks
    - interaction between members of main party is very fun
    - some of the story acts in the middle and end are great stuff, the final 3 episodes were particularly amazing

Reason why I think you wouldn't like it is because it's an Action/Comedy piece, and while you have shows like Katanagari/Samurai Champloo in your list I don't think it quite meets their level of entertainment/quality. It also can be a little gory at times, though the simple artstyle detracts from that.

15+ Year Old Account
    Wait, people voted Sebastian from Black Butler for a dad? As in, basically the devil himself? Call me a little skeptical, but somehow I doubt he has finely-tuned parenting skills.
    Well, he is #2 on the female ranking, and he doesn't even appear on the male ranking. I haven't seen Black Butler, but from looking at a picture of him, I can easily guess why so many females voted for him.

Well, he is #2 on the female ranking, and he doesn't even appear on the male ranking. I haven't seen Black Butler, but from looking at a picture of him, I can easily guess why so many females voted for him.
    Yeah, I guess. I...just...(Black Butler spoilers) he lends a kid his strength for revenge. In exchange he gets to eat the kid's hate-filled soul when they're done. And he does, that's the last episode. As a father he'd probably end up eating his kid's soul before they got out of adolescence. I wonder what teenage angst tastes like...
    Last edited by Neichus; 2014-06-26 at 05:03 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    all dem Shonen dads

15+ Year Old Account
    I really need to start organizing shows before the end of the season. I hate doing this at the end of every season.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really need to start organizing shows before the end of the season. I hate doing this at the end of every season.
    I create the folders at the very beginning and drag episodes into the folders as I watch them. Gives me a good view on my current backlog assuming that I'm downloading dilligently.

10+ Year Old Account
    who cares if hes not the best parent, if I had goku as a dad I COULD GO SUPER SAIYIN.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Epuration View Post
    who cares if hes not the best parent, if I had goku as a dad I COULD GO SUPER SAIYIN.
    In that case go with Vegeta. His parenting improved over time, unlike Goku's which actually got worse.

10+ Year Old Account
    In that case go with Vegeta. His parenting improved over time, unlike Goku's which actually got worse.
    Yeah, I completely agree, I was just going off that poll and the options it had.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Epuration View Post
    Yeah, I completely agree, I was just going off that poll and the options it had.
    I could be wrong, but I don't think it was a poll. I think people had free reign to pick any anime character.

Deleted
    I second the Shou Tucker vote. These people had awful choices, Kamina? Sure he's manly, badass and amazing as fuck but he would make a terrible father. They didn't even pick the on legitimately good father from what I remember off the top of my head (Maes Hughes).

If the character doesn't have to be a father within their show then Kaiki is clearly the best dad.
    Turn 18.
    "I am not your father."
    Last edited by mmoc7ba4bd9e7f; 2014-06-26 at 09:48 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    That father thing isn't even a vote on who would work as a great dad, all it is is what male character they like the most. Top lel.

Except for Akio though. 10/10 best dad in the world.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickop View Post
    ok do i start Chaika, black bullet, or Mushishi now that im up to date with makakucity?
    I wouldn't bother with Black Bullet.

Chaika, it's a fine show. You can give it a try but no idea if you'll like it.

No idea about Mushishi.
    Chaika - I'm sure Red Chaika would.
    Please. Tag them spoilers.

Chelly
    What's so bad about Black Bullet? I haven't started it yet either.