Deleted
    If I were to read Gokukoku no Brynhildr manga, where would I start after finishing watching the anime?

anime spoilers I remember someone saying they skipped a lot of chapters so we could see that ending on the anime that was about the alien king or whatever it was, so if possible, I'd like to start reading before they made that leap.

Man some artist's original character's are cutie as FUCK.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    If I were to read Gokukoku no Brynhildr manga, where would I start after finishing watching the anime?

anime spoilers I remember someone saying they skipped a lot of chapters so we could see that ending on the anime that was about the alien king or whatever it was, so if possible, I'd like to start reading before they made that leap.
    They skipped an entire arc. If I were you I'd just start from the beginning, but the biggest changes and the skipped arc start at 40.

Just started the Clannad watch , i know im late watching and somehow got side tracked by watching Mimic.

Im sorry please forgive me.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    They skipped an entire arc. If I were you I'd just start from the beginning, but the biggest changes and the skipped arc start at 40.
    I tried reading it from the start and I saw myself just skimming through it, so yeah...

Deleted
    I tried reading it from the start and I saw myself just skimming through it, so yeah...
    Heh.

I'm the kind of person who always reads the entire thing if I decide to move from the adaptation to source material. Just started Mondaiji LNs yesterday, for example, and I already know I would regret it if I skipped through them to where the anime left off.

Chelly
    What's there to spoiler? I can't see shit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Why is it considered acceptable to censor something with either giant black blur bars or even worse looking white ones that are so out of place you can't help but facepalm? >_<

Latest Tokyo ESP episode (spoiler if you haven't seen it)

It's not like people won't be expecting a little blood from this happening lol
    If a little blood is enough for that sort of censor I wonder how will they handle the Nazi-reenactment later on in the series. Oo

Clannad

episode 1

I enjoyed the episode and the humour had laughing quite a bit. Fuko-chan is so cute and sweet

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Quote Originally Posted by Hemoglobin View Post
    This may prove to be a continuing issue for you lol. It's been a while since I've watched it though, so I can't really remember if future dramatic moments were handled in a similar way as it was in Fuuko's arc. That being said, I think Fuuko's arc is the "worst" in the series and it only gets progressively better from here.
    It's just a fine line for me. Obviously a story is written with the intent of evoking certain emotions. If my reaction to every attempt to manipulate my emotions was negative, I'd be an awfully unhappy anime watcher. It's when the story and actions are distorted from what would flow naturally to create these feeling that I am irritated.

On a Psycho-Pass side note: Just finished through episode 17 last night, and a little sad with how they're handling the Sibyl System. The reveal of what it is has actually lowered my enthusiasm for the series.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Neichus View Post
    On a Psycho-Pass side note: Just finished through episode 17 last night, and a little sad with how they're handling the Sibyl System. The reveal of what it is has actually lowered my enthusiasm for the series.
    If I remember right, thats the general reaction everyone had
    [CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Grading View Post
    I talked about this in the anime chat on Steam before, but in my opinion, it should be a human right for everyone to have their own theme song. So I thought it might be fun to ask which song you guys would pick? I'm curious!

It can be from anything, though I'm certain a lot of you would still pick something related to anime.

Also, have a semi-NSFW Ene pic.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjKeubR7EUo
    or
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2PEpB8gaws

10+ Year Old Account
    Tokyo ESP - Regardless of it being cliche or the main enemies being overpowered as fuck I still really really like this show. I feel like it has to be this way almost. All I really care about is the characters themselves and how it develops, and the way it's developing so far is having me squee in excitement.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Neichus View Post
    I had the opposite reaction.

What exactly were you expecting the Sibyl System to be?

Chelly

I know what most of us expected it to be back when it aired.
    The MC's real body morbidly plugged into the main city computer (or something similar). The MC walking around would just be a clone/cyborg. I guess that would kinda explain why her hue is so good all the time.
    Last edited by Chelly; 2014-08-08 at 07:41 PM.

Deleted
    Wow. I'm not much for SnK, but wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Suicidal Panda View Post
    If I remember right, thats the general reaction everyone had
    Psycho-Pass Yeah, the strength of the series thus far has been the societal fallout of a "perfect" system. It creates the greatest happiness for the greatest number of people, but at the cost of crushing discrimination for an unlucky minority. Even when they revealed that the system utilized human brains as part of the processing I wasn't bothered, since they are correct in pointing out the massive parallel processing capacity and network-associative power of the human brain.

It's when they kept going and indicated that the system was in fact biased, as the individual human brains retained their personality and were apparently using consciousness to judge things, that I was disappointed. On top of this, we now need to accept that the government has had access to vastly superior technology for over 50 years to make it all work. The excitement and possibilities of the new cybernetics, as introduced by the human hunter, suddenly lose all of their impact.

In the end, it was just an explanation for something that didn't need one. Our science is already working hard on all the areas necessary to create a theoretical Sibyl System, and it was a natural extrapolation into the future in the same way Gattaca (the movie) is.

I get the feeling I just wrote part of my review already. I may have to come back and cannibalize this post...

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly what they said it was, an advanced computer algorithm that was capable of taking casual brain scans, behavioral cues, and other factors and combining them into an analysis that gave a statistical readout of what that person was willing and able to do in the near or distant future.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    I know what most of us expected it to be back when it aired.
    The MC's real body morbidly plugged into the main city computer (or something similar). The MC walking around would just be a clone/cyborg. I guess that would kinda explain why her hue is so good all the time.
    How the hell did you people come to that conclusion?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Wow. I'm not much for SnK, but wow.
    Well, he's playing best character so it's obviously awesome.

Chelly
    Quote Originally Posted by Meteoria View Post
    How the hell did you people come to that conclusion?
    Fuck if I know. Wishful thinking.