Quote Originally Posted by Negridoom View Post
    For those not in the know the Panty and Stocking OST has dropped.
    If you have yet to watch the series I will include a preview for the soundtrack, and shame on you.
    Otherwise get your butts over to TT and download the thing.

Hard to pick a favorite track, but if pressed I'd go with Beverly Hills Cock or the Scanty and Kneesocks theme.
    I have indeed watched it...one of the only ones worth watching from last quater and i much prefered this song, atleast this is the one that sticks in my head.

Deleted
    For me Panty and Stocking stopped being funny half way through the first episode, and had only one really good episode (the Studio 4C one, the one following the old guy) So my suggestion would be to only watch it if you find non-stop sex jokes funny.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by aikouka View Post
    I don't get why people love Gurren Lagann so much... the first half was alright and mostly seemed to be a spoof on mecha anime (strange "combining", etc), but the second half was just... absurd.
    Read it
    Genres: action, adventure, comedy, drama, science fiction
    Themes: fanservice, mecha, post-apocalyptic, super robot

And as for K-ON liked the first season since there was a bit of direction though the second season there realy wasnt a purpose to it other than some comedy and and extra dollop of moe, but my favorite sceen from season 2 is

Quote Originally Posted by Lagwin View Post
    I have indeed watched it...one of the only ones worth watching from last quater and i much prefered this song, atleast this is the one that sticks in my head.
    And now its stuck in my head aswell, thx.

Quote Originally Posted by Deamoneyes View Post
    And now its stuck in my head aswell, thx.
    :P you're welcome

---------- Post added 2010-12-29 at 09:26 PM ----------

And since i'm easy ammused i'll leave you to watch this clip from the ichigo marshimaro ova had me in stiches at about half way through this clip

Could someone recommend some anime for me perhaps? Got a few conditions though:

1) Has to be a dub, I multi-task all the time so can't spend hours fixated on little text on a little screen (someone buy me a big screen for Christmas? )
    2) No romance, as in don't have romance as a central theme.
    3) I mostly like good stories, everything else like animation/action/... is great too but worthless unless the story is good.
    Some anime I watched and liked: Claymore, Death Note, Full Metal Alchemist, Gundam Wing/00
    I guess Berserk is obvious from this thread, going to check that out soon.

Any recommendations will be highly appreciated and awarded with e-cookies (they're chocolate chip)

WOOT ITS HERE

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=KIXA-90073

Anyone that likes the magical girl subgenre of anime should watch the series' and then this movie.

And as for K-ON liked the first season since there was a bit of direction though the second season there realy wasnt a purpose to it other than some comedy and and extra dollop of moe, but my favorite sceen from season 2 is
    I enjoyed both seasons myself. Only beef I had with the first season was that it burned through 2 years of their schooling which killed the chance of a third season of K-ON!. QQ

Quote Originally Posted by lizon View Post
    I enjoyed both seasons myself. Only beef I had with the first season was that it burned through 2 years of their schooling which killed the chance of a third season of K-ON!. QQ
    I was hoping there would have been more to the story after s2 even though the manga has ended i cant see them just dropping it...although http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2010/0...ason-unveiled/ , so i'll wait and hope :P

Quote Originally Posted by Panoramixe View Post

1) Has to be a dub, I multi-task all the time so can't spend hours fixated on little text on a little screen (someone buy me a big screen for Christmas? )
    Most dubs are horrible. There's a reason that fansubs are so popular even after Anime's get dubbed.

Every anime is going to have some of this. Almost all of the comedies have this as their central theme cause it causes so many issues!

3) I mostly like good stories, everything else like animation/action/... is great too but worthless unless the story is good.
    Some anime I watched and liked: Claymore, Death Note, Full Metal Alchemist, Gundam Wing/00
    Good stories always trump bad animation. Although bad animation can also take away from good stories.

Word of warning, it gets really weird towards the end. I mean REALLY WEIRD!

Any recommendations will be highly appreciated and awarded with e-cookies (they're chocolate chip)
    Only ones off the top of my head are Mai-Hime, My-Otome, and Appleseed. All 3 had above average dubbing, there is a little romance tossed in there to mix things up but they compliment the main storyline, they aren't the central focus of the stories.

Word of advise though, get used to reading subs or at least learning a little Japanese. There are MOUNTAINS of top notch series out there that never make it to the dub realm. And quite frankly, most viewers like it that way.

I was hoping there would have been more to the story after s2 even though the manga has ended i cant see them just dropping it...although http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2010/0...ason-unveiled/ , so i'll wait and hope :P
    No that was cause the second season was 24 episodes. There is a movie coming out though.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...film-green-lit
    http://www.tbs.co.jp/anime/k-on/ <--Official Website
    Last edited by lizon; 2010-12-29 at 09:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    For those of you whom like extremely sick and disgusting anime's with lots of violence, blood and... other stuff check out Kite. This anime is a real trip and I still have not found somebody quite as gloriously wrong as it.

For those living in China, Sweden and Norway, sorry but it's banned in your countries.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaedi View Post
    For those of you whom like extremely sick and disgusting anime's with lots of violence, blood and... other stuff check out Kite. This anime is a real trip and I still have not found somebody quite as gloriously wrong as it.

For those living in China, Sweden and Norway, sorry but it's banned in your countries.
    I saw Kite, it doesn't hold a candle to Berzerk.

10+ Year Old Account
    I never saw Berzerk. The main thing that's awful about Kite is the age of the main protagonist in some of the scenes but I will leave it at.

Deleted

Monster fits the bill, it's also better then the series you've listed.
    As for Berserk I recommend you ignore the anime and go for the manga, the anime only handles a small fraction of the entire story.

Most dubs are horrible. There's a reason that fansubs are so popular even after Anime's get dubbed.
    Because it's free unlike dubs which are expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurrag View Post
    Meh dosnt matter if you are downloading it anyway though most dubs arnt that well done, and even then i have bought most of the stuff i have watched and would buy more if i was still employed, though i think i would stick to box sets now.

Considering that I've bought quite a bit of anime over the years I can say with confidence that I would rather watch an anime with subs on than listen to crappy dubs.

Worst Dub Ever - Crest of the Stars
    They have a 14 year old girl sounding like a middle aged woman with a smoking problem. o.O

Feels like ages ago. But I have shed my share of tears to:

1. Gundam (and G: Seed)
    2. Rurouni Kenshin (the 4 OVA's, can't remember the name)
    3. Hunter X Hunter
    4. Fullmetal alchemist
    5. Ghost in the shell

Nostalgia suddenly hit me...

Deleted
    Considering that I've bought quite a bit of anime over the years I can say with confidence that I would rather watch an anime with subs on than listen to crappy dubs.
    Meh dosnt matter if you are downloading it anyway though most dubs arnt that well done,
    While I agree with your opinion on dubs I'm just trying to say if dubs are as easily available as subs there would be more dub watchers, no matter how crappy it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    /sign
    Every anime is going to have some of this. Almost all of the comedies have this as their central theme cause it causes so many issues!
    not every anime, no. but most.

anyway, my recommendations for you Panora:
    Samurai Champloo, Baccano!, Serial Experiments Lain, Ergo Proxy, Gunslinger Girl.

i never heard of Kite, but Berserk honestly wasn't that extreme, imo.

Monster fits the bill, it's also better then the series you've listed.
    As for Berserk I recommend you ignore the anime and go for the manga, the anime only handles a small fraction of the entire story.
    haven't watched Monster, but it does fit from what i heard.

and i agree that reading the Berserk manga would be a good idead, even if you're not usually into manga.