Chelly
    Quote Originally Posted by Runeweaver View Post
    W-why is this so confusing. ;__;
    You think that's confusing? Try Kara no Kyoukai.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    Can you please start using spoiler tags? You always spoil stuff and I try to contain myself but really... Just try. It's not difficult. Please.

Thanks.
    Yami doesn't know how to spoiler things.

Let's all teach him together!

You do this Yami:

[spoiler][/spoiler]

So I decided to see what the dub for Highschool DxD was like, out of sheer curiosity and... It's so retarded it's amazing. It's on par with the Golden Boy dub for completely dumping the script and just saying random funny shit. For example, when he first meets Asia Argento, after she's fallen over and helps her up and their eyes meet:

Japanese version: "She's so cute..."

American Version: "Erection..."

Usage of phrases such as cray-cray and other nonsense just add to the wtf factor. Scott Freeman as Issei sounds so much like Doug Smith as Kintaro Oe, that it's hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    You think that's confusing? Try Kara no Kyoukai.
    I don't think I want to!
    Can't they just make it easier to understand.

Deleted
    W-why is this so confusing. ;__;
    Well, there's a lot of stuff created around Fate because Fate/Stay Night was that awesome. ;P

Fate/Stay Night(visual novel) from 2004 is the starting point, it got a bad adaptation from Deen in 2006, and a bad movie that is just a collection of animated fighting scenes in 2010. Ufotable is responsible for currently airing Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works which is a first class adaptation. I still recommend starting from the visual novel, but if you can't stand that format, currently airing series is the best start.

Fate/Zero is a light novel series by Urobutcher, written in 2006. It's a prequel to Fate/Stay Night and as such it's best read AFTER Fate/Stay Night, even though chronologically it happens before. Ufotable did a wonderful job of adapting it into an anime series, so you can just watch it instead of reading the novels.

Fate/Hollow Ataraxia is a visual novel from 2005 and a direct sequel to Fate/Stay Night. It's roughly 70% fandisk and 30% sequel story and so far did not get any adaptation.

Fate/kaleid liner Prisma Illya are essentially expanded multiverse spin-offs, like Carnival Phantasm. You probably spoiled yourself to a whole bunch of things by watching it, but you won't notice until those things come up in the actual story. The references to actual Fate series are mixed in with nonsense, soooooo...
    It's kinda funny, since it starts as retarded nothing and ends up(in the manga) full-on brutal action. Including stuff like torture.

Chelly
    I don't think I want to!
    Can't they just make it easier to understand.
    You should try it out tho. Pretty damn good movies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    I'm gonna go ahead and assume this was a FUNimation dub. Exactly the kind of shit I dislike them for lol
    They're pretty much the only American anime license company that dubs.

Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Well, there's a lot of stuff created around Fate because Fate/Stay Night was that awesome. ;P

Fate/Stay Night(visual novel) from 2004 is the starting point, it got a bad adaptation from Deen in 2006, and a bad movie that is just a collection of animated fighting scenes in 2010. Ufotable is responsible for currently airing Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works which is a first class adaptation. I still recommend starting from the visual novel, but if you can't stand that format, currently airing series is the best start.

Fate/Zero is a light novel series by Urobutcher, written in 2006. It's a prequel to Fate/Stay Night and as such it's best read AFTER Fate/Stay Night, even though chronologically it happens before. Ufotable did a wonderful job of adapting it into an anime series, so you can just watch it instead of reading the novels.

Fate/Hollow Ataraxia is a visual novel from 2005 and a direct sequel to Fate/Stay Night. It's roughly 70% fandisk and 30% sequel story and so far did not get any adaptation.

Fate/kaleid liner Prisma Illya are essentially expanded multiverse spin-offs, like Carnival Phantasm. You probably spoiled yourself to a whole bunch of things by watching it, but you won't notice until those things come up in the actual story. The references to actual Fate series are mixed in with nonsense, soooooo...
    It's kinda funny, since it starts as retarded nothing and ends up(in the manga) full-on brutal action. Including stuff like torture.
    I heard about that from another... another reason I found it confusing. Due to there being the "wrong" one and the correct one.

Yeah I'm going straight to the series. VNs take too damn long imo. I don't mind VNs. Though something, especially with combat, I'd MUCH rather watch it as an anime.

Kaleid: Oh, I know that. It's not really an issue for me. I enjoyed it, a lot. I've heard things about the 3rd season of Kaleid which is coming "soon". Especially things about Shirou which I quote "Is the most badass adaption of Shirou yet". Also WTB S3 NOW.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    You should try it out tho. Pretty damn good movies.
    I actually had a look at them. Meant to be pretty good ye. Perhaps sometime, provided I remember.

Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    You haven't dropped anything that I'm watching / haven't dropped yet!
    We can't have that!

I want to watch another episode or two before I decide for sure, but I'm more then likely dropping Inou Battle. Are you watching that? I also dropped Akame. There's also 10 shows I've yet to at least try.

Those being:

Yuuki Yuuna
    World Trigger
    Fate
    Trinity Seven
    Terrar Formars
    Shirobako
    Shingeki
    Nanatsu
    Magic Kaito
    Ushinawareta

I expect I'll drop all of those except Fate and Nanatsu, with Shingeki, Shirobako, and Terrar Formars possibly making the cut. I'll have to watch them and see though obviously.

I've also watched a few more episodes of some of the shows I hadn't gotten to yet.

Denki-Gai
    - I have absolutely no idea why I like this show. Everything about it screams that it's something I'd normally hate, but yet I find myself enjoying it. It's certainly not an amazing show, but the 4 episodes I've watched show so far have been fun and overall it's pretty decent. As it stands, I'd probably give it a 7/10.

Ookami
    - Not amazing, but a decent first episode. I'll keep watching for now.

Inou Battle
    - I want to watch another episode or two before I decide for sure, but I'm more then likely dropping Inou Battle.

Yona
    - I've only seen the first episode and I wasn't really impressed, but if it goes the direction I think it's going (A toned down Twelve Kingdoms?), it could potentially be pretty good, so I'll stick with it for now.

With inou battle Hemo, it gets really interesting at around episode 5 (I believe that's where it was)

10+ Year Old Account
    Kaleid: Oh, I know that. It's not really an issue for me. I enjoyed it, a lot. I've heard things about the 3rd season of Kaleid which is coming "soon". Especially things about Shirou which I quote "Is the most badass adaption of Shirou yet". Also WTB S3 NOW.
    kaleid: What's funny is that the next "season" isn't part 3, it's part 2 part 2...if that makes sense rofl.
    [CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Maxweii View Post
    With inou battle Hemo, it gets really interesting at around episode 5 (I believe that's where it was)
    That's still a third of the series that's bad. I'll watch 1 more episode, but I doubt I'll keep watching it after that. The first episode was a pretty good indicator that it's more than likely something I'm not going to like.

Quote Originally Posted by Hemoglobin View Post

I want to watch another episode or two before I decide for sure, but I'm more then likely dropping Inou Battle. Are you watching that? I also dropped Akame. There's also 10 shows I've yet to at least try.

Those being:
    Trinity Seven
    Terrar Formars
    Terrar formars is pretty censored besides the 3 episodes that CR re released that weren't censored. Trinity Seven is ecchi harem anime with a MC that isn't fucking dense so.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Goriq View Post
    The only real downside about it is the mediocre art quality.
    Wha?

It's one of my favorite styles.

Quote Originally Posted by Suicidal Panda View Post
    kaleid: What's funny is that the next "season" isn't part 3, it's part 2 part 2...if that makes sense rofl.
    Yeah. But we'll all call it part 3 anyway.

Chelly
    It doesn't look bad, but it's just nothing special imo. I don't know why but it has the same kind of "cheap" look that Sabagebu had too.
    But cheap stuff is just the best

10+ Year Old Account
    We can't have that!

I dropped Akame too once it hit anime original. But I just remembered that you dropped Twintails pretty quickly, so that's one.

Looks like you ended up dropping Amagi too, so that's actually two.

As for Inou-battle, if you do decide to drop it I'd probably at least get you to watch a 3 minute scene from an episode of the show that surprised a lot of people. Also, Andou turns out to be one of the more emotionally intuitive harem MCs I've ever seen. Lastly, the powers are roughly 2% of the episode content.

Those being:

Yuuki Yuuna
    World Trigger
    Fate
    Trinity Seven
    Terrar Formars
    Shirobako
    Shingeki
    Nanatsu
    Magic Kaito
    Ushinawareta

I expect I'll drop all of those except Fate and Nanatsu, with Shingeki, Shirobako, and Terrar Formars possibly making the cut. I'll have to watch them and see though obviously.
    I highly doubt Terra will make your cut, though the rest of your "I think I could possibly not drop these" about lines up with my expectations. I haven't started Shingeki myself (nor Shigatsu, sue me guise) but:
    Fate - so much budget
    Nanatsu - wonderful
    Shirobako - repeating myself again - PA Works making up for Glassshit with a legitimately interesting and fun premise

Haven't watched the rest of that list myself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Amagi is definitely a show you shouldn't drop, if you have. It gets much better after the 4th episode.

why would you drop Akame? You should've atleast watched it up until episode 18.
    The only thing that kept me watching it in the first place was the fact that only one episode came out a week and it was moderately enjoyable. Now I have a 10 episode backlog for Akame that I have no desire to finish. The show is average at best. I'd rather not watch 10 episodes of average.

I don't remember, do you even read the manga? If you don't then there isn't that much of a reason to keep watching I guess.
    No, I don't.