ohboyherewegoagain.gif

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemoglobin View Post
    The idea of being offended that someone doesn't like a show you like is stupid, not the idea of forming an emotional connection to something.
    But they're connected and it's the same phenomenon that you're experiencing right now. Defensive instinct.

You're defending your sense of judgement and they're defending their emotionally formed perception of a positive experience.

The difference between people here is how much rationality they can hold onto in the process. Also the ability to abstain.

You're hardly immune to reacting poorly to people judging things that you like.

Quote Originally Posted by Sahugani View Post
    [video=youtube_share;mQ0iciXCZoM]http://youtu.be/mQ0iciXCZoM[ideo]

Submit to the adorable Renge Healing Springs!

(also, that episode with baby renge and candy shop gave me diabeetus)

Military! ep2: Look what the postman brought
    [img]http://i.imgur.com/qFKNzKyl.jpg[img]
    Wish my postman would deliver something like that to my door.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post

Granted, Hemo does seem to drop an awful lot though lol
    What can I say, an awful lot of the anime that come out are pretty bad.

Deleted
    Problem - People drop things.
    Reason - You all have shit taste.
    Solution - Stop having shit taste.

Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post

You're hardly immune to reacting poorly to people judging things that you like.
    The only example that I can think of that comes to mind right now and even approaches this level of "seriousness," is the recent discussion we had on Ore Imo. But my issue wasn't with the fact that people disliked Ore Imo, but rather the nature of their expression of their distaste for the series.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post

What? You don't enjoy moeblob show of the season #223?
    I'm a #19 man. Anything else is inferior.

10+ Year Old Account
    But my issue wasn't with the fact that people disliked X, but rather the nature of their expression of their distaste for the series..
    Ding ding ding!

10+ Year Old Account
    I personally don't give a shit about shows being dropped at the beginning of a season. I'll have a reaction when a show that I love is dropped for reasons that feel like a cop-out.
    How I feel about DRRR with so many people, since it's genuinely an interesting show with great characters and an amazing atmosphere, albeit messed up pacing, but better than many shows that come out each season.

I don't complain though, people have different tastes and they're allowed to enjoy what they want to enjoy. That's why I watch so many shows, because I genuinely enjoy many of the shows that come out each season and don't feel pressured to watch them just to complete them. (Most of them that is)

Flogging a dead horse again

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Ding ding ding!
    I see how you maneuvered me into that lol. You also have to take into account that I've pretty much never gotten into a discussion of that nature over a show I like, before. In reverse, this particular disagreement with me dropping shows early pops up multiple times a season. When I comment on someone disliking a show I like it's tantamount to "You a shit for not liking show X" and then they say "No, you a shit" and then it's over. When I drop something it spawns a multiple page argument with people getting bent out of shape. We've essentially had this same argument multiple times.

Deleted
    The only example that I can think of that comes to mind right now and even approaches this level of "seriousness," is the recent discussion we had on Ore Imo. But my issue wasn't with the fact that people disliked Ore Imo, but rather the nature of their expression of their distaste for the series.
    And you got smacked down on that one

Quote Originally Posted by Tsunderes Are Bad View Post
    And you got smacked down on that one
    Please. No such thing occurred. That was obviously an example of Hemoglobin literary domination.

10+ Year Old Account
    I see how you maneuvered me into that lol. You also have to take into account that I've pretty much never gotten into a discussion of that nature over a show I like, before. In reverse, this particular disagreement with me dropping shows early pops up multiple times a season. When I comment on someone disliking a show I like it's tantamount to "You a shit for not liking show X" and then they say "No, you a shit" and then it's over. When I drop something it spawns a multiple page argument with people getting bent out of shape. We've essentially had this same argument multiple times.
    It's a quantity thing, how often do people dig on the shows you like, and how often do you post saying you dropped X?

Aside from that, the majority of the users of the thread bathe in salt and find it difficult to keep it off their typing fingers.

If I find myself getting too salty I pull back and try to get back to an objective state again.

It's discussions like this that makes me glad nobody here knows my address, otherwise I would expect shit like this to happen to me now and then

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxweii View Post
    It's discussions like this that makes me glad nobody here knows my address, otherwise I would expect shit like this to happen to me now and then
    That's great. Would utilise on Chitoge fans.

It's a quantity thing, how often do people dig on the shows you like, and how often do you post saying you dropped X?

Aside from that, the majority of the users of the thread bathe in salt and find it difficult to keep it off their typing fingers.

If I find myself getting too salty I pull back and try to get back to an objective state again.
    Quite often. I'll admit it doesn't happen as often as it does in the reverse, but it's definitely not some rare occurrence.

- - - Updated - - -

What's your address you Marika lovin' shit. You're about to get glitterfied.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxweii View Post
    Gimmie your address pls. No reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd just use it to decorate something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quite often. I'll admit it doesn't happen as often as it does in the reverse, but it's definitely not some rare occurrence.
    I should probably add that there's also the quantity of participants. The situations such as you defending Oreimo in OreimoGate can be avoided if you and only you abstain. When you drop something and announce it there may be 5-10 landmines in wait, one of them gets triggered then they trigger eachother. Ayase best.

What's your address you Marika lovin' shit.
    Recliner on a 10th storey city balcony, Brisbane, Australia.

Chelly
    My socks go all the way up to my knees, this is my kavaj fetish