Quote Originally Posted by Shadow the Edgehog View Post
    He drops everything, don't feel bad.
    It's a Hemo in training

Quote Originally Posted by Maxweii View Post
    It's a Hemo in training
    #GoriqTaste?

15+ Year Old Account
    Spent my last night in Japan playing with fireworks on the beach with a bunch of cute Japanese girls. My life is literally anime.

Or, was. Only a couple hours until I take a shuttle to the airport, then a couple more before I hop on a 12 hour plane ride. And then when I land I get to spend the summer dying in a factory to pay off school and this trip. Yay.

I already miss this place so fucking much. The people here (especially everyone at the university) were just so damn wonderful. I can safely say this month has been one of the best (if not the best) months of my entire life.

#GoriqTaste?
    It's a thing hurry burn it with fire

Boku wa Mari no Naka manga chapter 51 - Well shit least there's one person good to her. Also I wana know what's behind that picture now

Chelly
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    Spent my last night in Japan playing with fireworks on the beach with a bunch of cute Japanese girls. My life is literally anime.

Or, was. Only a couple hours until I take a shuttle to the airport, then a couple more before I hop on a 12 hour plane ride. And then when I land I get to spend the summer dying in a factory to pay off school and this trip. Yay.

I already miss this place so fucking much. The people here (especially everyone at the university) were just so damn wonderful. I can safely say this month has been one of the best (if not the best) months of my entire life.
    Was it hard to do everyday stuff over there with limited knowledge of Nipponese?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    Was it hard to do everyday stuff over there with limited knowledge of Nipponese?
    Actually, no, not really. Japan really takes their customer service seriously, and always tried their best to help us even if the person we were speaking to knew zero English. My level of Japanese is okay enough that I could generally ask for help or understand the gist of what they are saying (well, most of the time), but even with zero Japanese knowledge a dictionary and translation apps can go a long way.

For example, the other Canadian dude and I were at a multi leveled store trying to find some green tea for a gift. Simply looking up the Japanese word for "gift", and basically saying "green tea, gift, where?" got through to the employees there. Actually, we went to the wrong floor afterwards and one of the employees literally chased after us to show us the proper floor, it was great. And then the people at the green tea area prepared some green tea for us to try while they wrapped the gift we bought.

It was similar for the hotel we stayed at; only some of the staff knew very basic english (and by that i mean a couple words), yet we still had zero issues. Though some of that might be because the staff at the university organized the stay there, I can't really speak for the average hotel. To be fair, the capsule hotel in Tokyo was really easy to check in to also.

A lot of menus have pictures, and even if they don't, being able to read kana and a dictionary app can get you by easily in that respect.

Honestly, the only thing that was somewhat troubling was getting used to the train system. It seems fairly confusing at first. Learning how it works and obtaining some sort of physical train schedule is definitely important. But by my third week I was already pretty confident with it and didn't have any issues.

Nice collection there.

I keep on eyeballing the Darker Than Black collector's edition box myself... but I'm not sure if it'll fit the shelving plans I have. Are you going to have it set up in a picture-frame kind of style I guess? Or does it just about fit on one of the shelves?

Oh, only thing I'd change is that I'd turn all of your chipboard boxes around, to show off the solid spines. It looks more attractive and I recognise you've got quite a few nice looking box-sets there to take advantage of.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post

Oh, only thing I'd change is that I'd turn all of your chipboard boxes around, to show off the solid spines. It looks more attractive and I recognise you've got quite a few nice looking box-sets there to take advantage of.
    Actually it doesn't fit on the shelf as I thought it would, bit too tall. I'm going to have to move iroha or love live off the top and do sideways depending on their other side's art. I don't have enough space to show off the smaller ones nice box art though :P
    [CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Suicidal Panda View Post
    Actually it doesn't fit on the shelf as I thought it would, bit too tall. I'm going to have to move iroha or love live off the top and do sideways depending on their other side's art. I don't have enough space to show off the smaller ones nice box art though :P
    Ah, I just mean the spines - literally turn them 180 degrees and have the spine showing, rather than the Blu-Rays inside.

Like this:

http://i.imgur.com/xM05dpn.jpg

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah, I just mean the spines - literally turn them 180 degrees and have the spine showing, rather than the Blu-Rays inside.

Like this:

http://i.imgur.com/xM05dpn.jpg
    Gotcha, bit paranoid they'll fall out when I pull them out, but have to do it at some point.
    [CENTER]

Gotcha, bit paranoid they'll fall out when I pull them out, but have to do it at some point.
    lol, I actually had that happen a few times with certain ones, when the box is heavily wax coated, or a bit loose. Got used to tilting the top forwards as I draw them out now.

Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    MVP post

Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    Anyone watching Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka? Don't see any discussion on it.

I'm liking it a lot so far, and I was expecting to hate it because Hestia hype and all the focus on string-boobs.
    Oh no. Here we go again, thanks iced

But no, seriously, Hestia completely dominated the internet (and real life) for like a week, and then it died and I haven't seen mention of her since. I know people are watching it, but I haven't seen any discussion either.
    Yeah, I haven't either. Discuss, people! Lol.

For me, I can't really pinpoint why I find it particularly enjoyable. I like most of the characters, so I think that's where it comes from.
    It's a pretty average show, imo, but I do really like it. I think it's the characters (despite hype Hestia is pretty funny). It feels like the show is building up to something, maybe? Idk why I like it, either, but I'm still watching it.

I'm actually in the same boat with Punch Line; I couldn't tell you why I like it or keep watching it either.

Quote Originally Posted by Sj View Post
    It's a pretty average show, imo, but I do really like it. I think it's the characters (despite hype Hestia is pretty funny). It feels like the show is building up to something, maybe? Idk why I like it, either, but I'm still watching it.

I'm actually in the same boat with Punch Line; I couldn't tell you why I like it or keep watching it either.
    I think that's what it comes down to in the end - both shows are just straight up entertaining, not particularly amazing or epic in any way, just really solid entertainment. And yeah, the characters in both shows help maintain the interest levels.

Hibike 09 - Yuri flag only flying at half-mast this episode. And damn, poor sleepy-chan didn't make it past audition also Asuka a shit.

I think that's what it comes down to in the end - both shows are just straight up entertaining, not particularly amazing or epic in any way, just really solid entertainment. And yeah, the characters in both shows help maintain the interest levels.
    Good way to put it. I can really see Punch Line ending up being really interesting depending on how the story goes from here. I don't see that coming from Danmachi, but I hope I'm wrong about that because I do like the premise of the show.

10+ Year Old Account
    paranoia my hard drive for ps4 hasn't even been shipped: USPS hasn't updated tracking info from the initial "pre-shipment info sent to usps" ><
    [CENTER]

Oh hell yes.

Otaku No Video kickstarter a go-go.

A subversive look at Otaku lifestyle and also the anime industry, viewed through the lense of the 1980s. Gainax presents it in their usual poignant/borderline trolling/hyper-referential style, mixing live action with anime. Certainly not for everybody, but an interesting watch none the less.

Pretty good. Soon you will be at my number xD. I keep meaning to get Star Driver, really need to soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ponytail of Life View Post
    Pretty good. Soon you will be at my number xD. I keep meaning to get Star Driver, really need to soon.
    I've been doing blu-ray only and (mostly) of ones I'll actually watch though :P
    [CENTER]

I've been doing blu-ray only and (mostly) of ones I'll actually watch though :P
    im pretty sure ill watch a large majority of mine lol. Its also nice to actually own it. Sucks that i cant buy Gundam Seed and 00 anymore, id love to have those in my collection.

Whats next on your "To buy list"? Im thinking Blast of Tempest as mine. I really need to add it to the collection