10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    Definitely plan on checking out the novels then. It's just a shame to see so much potential in the anime put to waste just because they wanted to favour all the ecchi in it.

Also.. just started Welcome to the NHK.

So jealous of his next door neighbors collection it's not even funny. D:
    Yeah they ARE being translated into english just can't share from where.

Also if i recall right my collection outdoes his neighbors at least as far as anime manga and regular games goes. I only own a few Galge.

Deleted
    Sakamichi no Apollon confirmed for tear-worthy ending as fuck. Why would he do that? q.q

Quote Originally Posted by Zefie View Post
    Sakamichi no Apollon confirmed for tear-worthy ending as fuck. Why would he do that? q.q
    Wow, that was really good. Almost expected a sad ending where they had all completely forgotten each other and moved on. But good god did they emphasize Ritsuko's man-face in the final scene. Also, dat homolust.
    Last edited by Skelington; 2012-06-28 at 06:34 PM.

Oh god dat Jazz ending, I nearly cried tears of fucking joy, god dammit. ;_;

Tsuritama, I guess I'm the only one who watched it.

Amazing, I loved it. Tapioca forever 10/10 character, would hug.

Last edited by Digglett; 2012-06-29 at 01:18 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    Tsuritama, I guess I'm the only one who watched it.
    Currently on episode 5, but I have it semi-stalled because some other anime enticed me. Probably going to finish watching it soon though.

Sankarea had a good end. Kind of open, so hopefully they'll make a second season. All in all, he really enjoyed it(and it's more than just necrolust).

Am I the only one who was disappointed by Kids on the Slope? Maybe my expectations were too high when I heard Shinichirō Watanabe was directing and Yoko Kanno was going to be the composer for a series that revolved around Jazz. I mean, Bebop of course, still my all time favorite.

Now, the last 10 min of the ending was nice, and I'm glad they didn't go 5 Cent per Second style, but... It felt like the way Sen disappeared at the end of ep11 was really forced. I mean... didn't we just have him try to run away at the end of ep 10?! The reasoning too... I guess he could blame himself for his sister getting hurt, but he saw that she was fine. Did he think the family would be better off without him? It feels like the writers just made Sen run off so they could set up the reunion, and while the reunion ending was nice... watching the main character mope around for 15 min was pretty mind numbing.

I guess it was a pretty good anime... just not what I had hoped.

Oh and seriously... an anime about Jazz that bashes Rock... then uses a Pop song in their opening and ending theme?

Deleted
    Regarding Fate/Zero and Fate/stay night; does it matter which I watch first?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mest View Post
    Doesn't matter.
    By watching one, you will spoil the other to some degree.

Fate/Zero will spoil the bad guy in Fate/Stay Night.
    Fate/Stay Night will spoil on how Fate/Zero ends.

Fate/Zero is a far better anime, in every way. Story, music, animations, main characters. It's a lot darker than Stay/Night.
    Stay/Night is still a decent anime, although I personally annoyed myself on the main character.

Quote Originally Posted by Mest View Post
    just watch F/SN before the unlimited bladeworks movie otherwise you'll probably be pretty confused

Deleted
    All right, thanks all. Watched the first ep of F/Z and I must say it seems rather interesting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Patchouli Knowledge View Post
    No it doesn't. If you watch Fate/Stay Night first, you'll partially spoil Fate/Zero - and the other way around.
    I watched F/Z before F/SN and it's quite enjoyable seeing some of the characters being grown up/late teen.

So yeah, I recommend watching F/Z before F/SN.

And what Juubo said. F/Z is so much better than F/SN.
    Umm.

I don't know how to say this.

But.. there seems to be..

Something wrong with your name?

Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post
    Sankarea had a good end. Kind of open, so hopefully they'll make a second season. All in all, he really enjoyed it(and it's more than just necrolust).
    I really hope there is a season 2.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh my god so cute.

My eyes.

Patches! You remind me of a kitten with that name.

10+ Year Old Account
    So this just occurred to me but Guyver Vs Iron man who do you guys think would win?

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    So this just occurred to me but Guyver Vs Iron man who do you guys think would win?
    iron man because space gem
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_gem go down and read the description of the space gem

only know of the guyver anime though, haven't seen past that so unsure how strong guyver 1 becomes

Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    iron man because space gem
    I know whenever I think of Iron Man I think of magic plot device trinkets...

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    I know whenever I think of Iron Man I think of magic plot device trinkets...
    cause that totally doesn't describe the control metal

Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    cause that totally doesn't describe the control metal
    The difference being that the control metal is integral to the guyver.

Whereas the space trinkets were magic plot devices to be used in Marvel crossovers and have passed through so many hands it's not funny. They do not define Iron Man, and they're certainly not something that comes to most peoples' minds when thinking about him.