Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalliah View Post
    Did not notice that. Wonder why they didn't mention it, would be a neat addition to his background.
    Aye, I was totally oblivious myself and when I saw that pic I was like, "Woah...". It raises all sorts of questions and would make for some fantastically embellishing plot, but I guess they don't have that much time to spend on a shut-in. Even if he is the best male character in the show. =I

Also, I'm glad that Sorata (or anyone) finally pointed out that failing this time isn't the 'be all and end all' for Aoyama's VA'ing career and she [I]can[/I] technically give it another shot if she's willing to do all that again. With the way she was talking about the school and flunking the test, she made it sound like the failure would be like a black mark on her record and it would bar her from trying with other schools etc.

They've not got long to give the show a positive ending with closure with 3 episodes left to go. I hope there is something to take away from it after staying with it this long.
    Last edited by mmocf558c230a5; 2013-03-05 at 11:56 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Learning Japanese isn't really that bad. It isn't the Hiragana and Katakana though that's the problem, it's the Kanji.

Deleted

Deleted
    I hope it has a nice happy closure. I'd be pretty damn disappointed if they ended it in a cliffhanger for another season (If there's even stuff left for more seasons), or if there's a negative ending.
    Aye, well I'm hoping they will bring focus back to Mashiro for the last chunk of the series. After all, it's named after her. A little more closure (preferably hopeful) for Aoyama, as we've seen a lot of her letting it all out and then cheering up a bit this episode, and a hint at romance for Ryuu and Rita would be nice. There the main other things to wrap up as I think Jin x Misaki is pretty much rounded up, at least implicitly. So, taking that into account, I think they need to bring it back to Mashiro now. I feel it'd be way too unsatisfying if they don't round up with/show evidence of her continued growing as person. They did that really well, and indeed everything, up to that mid-series ep.13 'End of Act One', but then it felt like it started to get a little cluttered.
    It'd be a real shame, as you say, if they left it without a satisfying ending, because a lot of it has been really good and I'd like to remember it fondly. Plus, I don't think the sales have been particularly great for it, so if it's a cliffhanger ending, I'm sceptical as to whether we'd ever get closure, at least through the TV medium. =I

Deleted
    Wow just a week? Easier than I thought.
    It's not hard at all. It's just shy of 100 simple symbols you need to associate with syllables - if you learn them by usage, not by looking at the table you will learn very fast.

It's the same as learning words in a foreign language - if you keep using them, be it in practical communication or in exercises, they jump into the memory on their own.

Guilty Crown OP. For those of you that love it as much as I do.
    I love you....

Deleted
    Finally got the chance to watch Sakurasou.

I want to choke that Fujisawa guy so much

15+ Year Old Account
    Kokoro Connect is amazing. It sorta gets tiring the longer is goes on (kinda feels repetitive), but it's awesome and now one of my favourites. I hope they adapt the rest of the Light Novels.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Erio View Post
    Finally got the chance to watch Sakurasou.

I want to choke that Fujisawa guy so much
    Fujisawa didn't do anything wrong, he couldn't anticipate what would happen as much as Sorata could. Shit like that happens and it's unfair, but that's life.

I don't see why they couldn't just keep it, touch up on it, and try again next year when the hype for the other game had died down and people would be ready for a new one to try out.
    Last edited by Zatheyll; 2013-03-05 at 07:33 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chadiu View Post
    Kokoro Connect is amazing. It sorta gets tiring the longer is goes on (kinda feels repetitive), but it's awesome and now one of my favourites. I hope they adapt the rest of the Light Novels.
    That would suit me just fine.

More "dereban" can only be a good thing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    It's not hard at all. It's just shy of 100 simple symbols you need to associate with syllables - if you learn them by usage, not by looking at the table you will learn very fast.

It's the same as learning words in a foreign language - if you keep using them, be it in practical communication or in exercises, they jump into the memory on their own.
    Easiest way for me to remember them? Watch the ED/credits of anime of your choice and try to see what it says.

Nice, how long did it take you? Been considering learning that and the language but laziness etc.
    In total, I'd say it took me about 5 days with 1-3 hours per day depending on how many hirigana I'd planned to learn for that day. Honestly, it's not as bad as a lot of people make it out to be (initially at least). Grammar structure can be a bit tricky at times because the way it's written is just so different than how we write in English.

---------- Post added 2013-03-05 at 08:21 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Erio View Post
    すてき, are you taking courses or checking out online lessons?
    Suteki! lol. It's a course at my college.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    Fujisawa didn't do anything wrong, he couldn't anticipate what would happen as much as Sorata could. Shit like that happens and it's unfair, but that's life.

I don't see why they couldn't just keep it, touch up on it, and try again next year when the hype for the other game had died down and people would be ready for a new one to try out.
    I don't know, I got the idea that Fujisawa was more interested in Mashiro's talent rather than Sorata's.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Okuu View Post
    Easiest way for me to remember them? Watch the ED/credits of anime of your choice and try to see what it says.
    That is actually very, very good practice. You won't learn efficiently that way without an established base, but as far as practice goes it's great. Any clearly spelled song + kana karaoke works well. :3
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemoglobin View Post
    Suteki! lol. It's a course at my college.
    Trade with meee!! :< I had to take secondary language classes, but the only choices presented to me were Spanish, Russian and German. :S
    Last edited by mmocab3a46fee3; 2013-03-05 at 10:09 PM.

Deleted
    It all really boils down to "If you can make learning enjoyable it's going to immensely gain in efficiency".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzual View Post
    To Dalliah: If you have a desire to do it, then you should. Even if you don't plan to use it for much you can do what I do and just sing with it
    I shall shamefully confess that the only reason I am learning Japanese is to be able to watch anime and read manga, visual novels, and light novels in original, without having to rely on translations of any sort. Manga and anime don't take too long, but novels of both kinds are translated very slowly. The books are in the worst position, only some of the most popular ones are translated at all - and often extremely unprofessionally. Even completely ignoring the issue of time, translated material is always, always lacking, especially when the source is in language as rich in nuances as Japanese.

Well, that and I figure expanding my area of expertise in translation by a far eastern language is a good idea, even if it will take a couple years until I can reliably translate from Japanese. ;D

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Robutt View Post
    That would suit me just fine.

More "dereban" can only be a good thing.
    Haha, Inaba is awesome.

Anyways, after a month or so of watching anime, I'd say I'm starting to prefer subs. SAO was the first thing I watched subbed, and I wasn't very impressed. But after watching Kokoro Connect, Kotoura-san, and watching the first few episodes of Fate/Zero (the Clannad VN also helped), I no longer think that having to read subtitles degrades the experience. It enhances it, really, as alot of dubs have characters that are painful to listen to.
    Last edited by Sesto; 2013-03-06 at 02:52 AM.

So I just finished watching Ao No Exorcist today. While it was alright I don't feel like I got any enjoyment out of it. Not sure how other people felt about. It just felt kinda plain nothing really new.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    So I just finished watching Ao No Exorcist today. While it was alright I don't feel like I got any enjoyment out of it. Not sure how other people felt about. It just felt kinda plain nothing really new.
    Yeah, it was pretty much like any other high school shounen out there with a lackluster ending, but I still enjoyed it and the characters.