Quote Originally Posted by Hemoglobin View Post
    I always get a kick out of people who try and pull the "he watches Naruto" card.
    Naruto is a decent intro anime, and even once you're into stuff it's decent to watch. But I mean take the last arc it's in now as an example, it should just end. Ruining a decent show/manga by trying to drag things out 17 more power levels beyond what it shoulda ended at.

Blade Dance episode 1 thoughts- It seems like its going to be alright, the MC is pretty decent and the way they made him makes me want to see how he fights. Claire is probably going to become annoying as fuck, if she was Rei then itd be alright but shes not therefore her voice while acting tsundere is fucking annoying. The other girls seem to be alright, cant wait to learn more about the maid and Rinslet.

One thing i noticed is the massive homage to Zero no Tsukaima. ex the whip and master/slave relationship and the physical spirit forms. Thats good though cause Zero is a pretty good series.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxweii View Post
    Naruto is a decent intro anime, and even once you're into stuff it's decent to watch. But I mean take the last arc it's in now as an example, it should just end. Ruining a decent show/manga by trying to drag things out 17 more power levels beyond what it shoulda ended at.
    If only Naruto ended 3 years ago... It'd be a few grades better than the THIS IS NOT EVEN MY FINAL FORM it's been dragging out.

Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    "He advises against watching series he himself did not watch while pretending he actually did", better? Because that is the point.
    What you enjoy is not really of interest to me, but acting as if you have any right to judge and rate series you did not see is... Less than commendable.
    Except I've never pretended to watch any series. I'm assuming you're talking about me saying Chaika wasn't worth watching. I watched a portion of it and based off of that I don't think it's worth watching. Perfectly valid statement.

If only Naruto ended 3 years ago... It'd be a few grades better than the THIS IS NOT EVEN MY FINAL FORM it's been dragging out.
    Yeah it should have ended a while ago. I mean I have certainly been enjoying the manga! Though I gave up on watching the show after endless filler combined with this arc would drive you bonkers. This arc I get it is the final one it's gotta be the ultimate "BUT WAIT THERE'S MORE" but it's been going on for how many months now?

Okay, but how is that at all relevant. It's not like people are incapable of enjoying different types of shows. It's not winning any awards for the most intellectual or well thought out anime, but that shouldn't stop someone from enjoying it. Having variety in what you watch is nice. I largely enjoy shows with a bit more substance and depth to them, but a few low brow series thrown in is nice, too. By trying to make someone look bad because they watch show X, it reflects negatively on you, not the other person.

All this Naruto hate. I personally enjoy Naruto, havent watched it lately cause im reading the manga for now and letting the anime catch up but i think its pretty decent.

I think i may be the only one who liked the big 3, all of them. I dont watch fairy tail but thats because i read the manga and thats about all i can take, nakama power gets kinda frustrating after awhile. wtb moar Rave Master like always.

One thing that is different about me is that i will always say "Try it out" rather then say dont watch it. Just because i thought it was a bad show doesnt mean someone else wont find it enjoyable.

10+ Year Old Account
    This arc I get it is the final one it's gotta be the ultimate "BUT WAIT THERE'S MORE" but it's been going on for how many months now?
    atleast a year now...

Okay, but how is that at all relevant. It's not like people are incapable of enjoying different types of shows. It's not winning any awards for the most intellectual or well thought out anime, but that shouldn't stop someone from enjoying it. Having variety in what you watch is nice. I largely enjoy shows with a bit more substance and depth to them, but a few low brow series thrown in is nice, too. By trying to make someone look bad because they watch show X, it reflects negatively on you, not the other person.
    Yet I wasn't saying anything bad about how you think it's a good show. I even explained how I like the show and manga as I like the story and such. Just it's overkill at this point and as such degraded it's value. It's a great show and all, but not a 10.

Also just, you trying to say it's okay to have some low brow series thrown in yet you toss stuff out immediately when you think something is nothing special, that's good right there I tell you what.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Swisted View Post
    All this Naruto hate. I personally enjoy Naruto, havent watched it lately cause im reading the manga for now and letting the anime catch up but i think its pretty decent.

I think i may be the only one who liked the big 3, all of them. I dont watch fairy tail but thats because i read the manga and thats about all i can take, nakama power gets kinda frustrating after awhile. wtb moar Rave Master like always.

One thing that is different about me is that i will always say "Try it out" rather then say dont watch it. Just because i thought it was a bad show doesnt mean someone else wont find it enjoyable.
    I like all three as well, I also like Fairy Tail. I think the only show that I would classify as another endless Shounen is Gintama, but that far exceeds these shows for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Epuration View Post
    atleast a year now...
    Yeah I wanted to say a year but didn't wana give it a gross overestimation about how long it's going on and then have the ensuing "it's not that bad blah blah" speals.

Unless it's Glasslip. No one likes Glasslip. Because it's shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.

*stir stir, stir stir*

There's a difference though, telling someone who's asking you what you think of a show and you saying you think it's not worth watching isn't outright telling them not to watch it, you're just giving your personal opinion of the show. If these kinds of questions were only allowed to be answered by people who liked the show and had positive things to say about it, there'd be no point to the question. Inevitably there's always going to be someone who likes show X.

10+ Year Old Account
    A few iconic scenes does not make a good show. It needs to be consistently entertaining. I didn't remotely enjoy what I saw of it, and a few good moments wouldn't change that. And yes, you don't need to have seen that much of One Piece to get a good idea of what the show is about and how it's going to be for the rest of the series. Somewhere around 30 - 50 episodes is what I'd recommend watching before dismissing the series. That's between 4.5% and 7.5% of the entire series as of the latest episode. That's a lot less lenient than I am with other shows. 90% of the time the show doesn't get better, and if it does, not by much. Use your judgement and experience to not miss out of the 10%.
    That's still 30-50 episodes. Including content like the Usopp arc. But you're still missing the point, you can have whatever taste you want, but if someone who hadn't seen Arlong Park (moving the baseline back to 30-50 episodes since that's what you went with) went along and told someone in front of you that One Piece is awful and not worth it, would you object on the merit that they aren't qualified to make that statement?

I don't think it's acceptable to dismiss the fact that around 25% of the series is awful. TTGL could and may have improved, but I didn't like the show at all that I seriously doubt it would of even mattered. I couldn't stand the characters and it's over the top nature was handled in such a way that it just irritated me. And from everything I hear, that doesn't change but only increases.
    You're still missing the point, you use qualified language such as 'overrated', you'll dissuade people from watching it, but you've never seen any single episode of the show that contained any of the reason why it was recommended to you in the first place, and I can guarantee that no one ever recommends TTGL because of what happens in the first 6 episodes. We're not talking a few scenes here, I'm saying that you missed the entire soul of the show, you know that it's over the top, but you don't know why it becomes important, you don't know about the major twist in episode 8, you haven't seen even the beginning of Arlong Park.

Scenes/arcs CAN make an anime, and cutting yourself off at a certain point certainly CAN cause you to completely miss what makes a show a great show.

I don't care if you don't want to watch it, just realise that when someone asks for a recommendation for TTGL, all you are qualified to say was 'I didn't enjoy the first 6 episodes because X'.

Except this wouldn't work. A lot of the shows I drop initially because I think they're shit, are shows that a lot of you are enjoying right from the get go. You can only tell me one of two things; you think it got even better, which doesn't necessarily mean anything because you liked the show right off, whereas I didn't, or that it got worse, only further confirming my decision to drop it.
    It only wouldn't work because you're justifying not taking our word for it by not taking our word for it.

Deleted
    Except I've never pretended to watch any series. I'm assuming you're talking about me saying Chaika wasn't worth watching. Perfectly valid statement. I watched a portion of it and based off of that I don't think it's worth watching.
    Sorry, but simply no. While you have full right to drop a show you think you won't enjoy after one or two episodes, as it is no one's business but yours, it is not your place to voice your opinion as a matter of fact when you barely saw the prologue and dismissed any possibility of it being good without actually experiencing the series. You watched what, 2 episodes of Chaika? That's astounding 40 minutes out of 4 hours the series lasted. You watched 7 episodes of TTGL and decided it's overrated? Congratulations, you dropped it exactly one episode before the prologue finished, two hours in when it runs a total of nine.

Sorry, but no. That does not give you a right to say you watched those shows. -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post
    Unless it's Glasslip. No one likes Glasslip. Because it's shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/u4SyI0Q.gif[IMG]*stir stir, stir stir*
    I am guna try to watch the rest of that first episode I really am guna try

Goriq I am so sorry for that BUT GO WATCH IT NOW GO
    GO NOW

Sorry, but simply no. While you have full right to drop a show you think you won't enjoy after one or two episodes, as it is no one's business but yours, it is not your place to voice your opinion as a matter of fact when you barely saw the prologue and dismissed any possibility of it being good without actually experiencing the series. You watched what, 2 episodes of Chaika? That's astounding 40 minutes out of 4 hours the series lasted. You watched 7 episodes of TTGL and decided it's overrated? Congratulations, you dropped it exactly one episode before the prologue finished, two hours in when it runs a total of nine.

Sorry, but no. That does not give you a right to say you watched those shows. -.-
    I'm still glad people here convinced me to go back and check out the rest of TTGL. I actually dropped it at episode 6/7 first time around, tried to watch the first few episodes again a couple of times after, then gave up. Since everyone kept on recommending it though, I was like "~Fine. It's not like I didn't want to watch it anyway. Baka.". Then I watched it. It was pretty glorious.

Yet I wasn't saying anything bad about how you think it's a good show. I even explained how I like the show and manga as I like the story and such. Just it's overkill at this point and as such degraded it's value. It's a great show and all, but not a 10.
    I never said you did. Your comment was simply relevant to what I wrote, it wasn't directed personally at you.

Also just, you trying to say it's okay to have some low brow series thrown in yet you toss stuff out immediately when you think something is nothing special, that's good right there I tell you what.
    There's a difference between a low brow series and a shit series. I don't think you quite understand what the term low brow means. A lot of the shows I've dropped I wouldn't consider low brow. I just didn't like them. Bacanno for example. I recognize the fact it's not without merit, but I didn't enjoy it which is why I dropped it.

2serious4me in here

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Except I've never pretended to watch any series. I'm assuming you're talking about me saying Chaika wasn't worth watching. I watched a portion of it and based off of that I don't think it's worth watching. Perfectly valid statement.
    I think what annoys people is that you tell someone not to watch a show that you didnt like, rather then say "I didnt like it because of this and this, but you would have to watch it to see for yourself"

Using Chaika and Naruto as an example, you like Naruto while others dont, would you want someone to say "Dont watch it, its only fillers and flashbacks and they dont fight like ninjas hurr durr"? That doesnt really explain why they dont like it, they dont say that the flashbacks are important to the story nor do they say that the fillers only happened cause it almost caught up to the manga and people liked the show so much that they wanted the show to continue even as an original story.

With Chaika, you cant tell someone "Dont watch it, its bad" and expect people to take it as a reasonable answer, It's always better to say why you didnt like it but atleast tell them to try it, if they thought it was interesting enough to ask about it, they deserve an answer better than "Dont watch, its bad"

I never said you did. Your comment was simply relevant to what I wrote, it wasn't directed personally at you.

There's a difference between a low brow series and a shit series. I don't think you quite understand what the term low brow means. A lot of the shows I've dropped I wouldn't consider low brow. I just didn't like them. Bacanno for example. I recognize the fact it's not without merit, but I didn't enjoy it which is why I dropped it.
    I was responding about how people pull the "he watches Naruto" card, because even if people try to pull it it's a decent anime and that technically "can't" be argued otherwise it wouldn't have gone/be going for as long as it has.

Then make that distinction before just saying it, as a low brow series sounds like a kinder way of saying "shit but enjoyable". While the actual meaning is "Lowbrow, relating to, or suitable for a person with little taste or intellectual interest", I figured it would be more polite to assume you mean "shit but enjoyable".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    2serious4me in here
    Yeah it's redundant arguing with Hemo but I guess we like to stir up "discussion" sometimes