15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yami View Post
    Ya it is a huge difference From making 6000 yen a hr to 250,000 yen a month. Also some schools where you can teach at if you have some degree give you more perks too. Like a furnished apartment near the school and a personal car to use. I would also advise getting your application in early with the JET program if you want to go through them or do it your self by searching for people who are hiring.
    6000 yen an hour compared to 250,000 yen a month?
    by my math you should be making roughly 240,000 yen a week at the 6k yen an hour just based on a 40 hour work week. not sure how that works in japan with whatever the standard workweek is.

Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    6000 yen an hour compared to 250,000 yen a month?
    by my math you should be making roughly 240,000 yen a week at the 6k yen an hour just based on a 40 hour work week. not sure how that works in japan with whatever the standard workweek is.
    Well granted the one school I found that was giving 6k yen an hr only need you for 5 hrs and that was it. Most of the other schools I saw are giving around 3000 yen a hr and they aren't full time only part time. Most English teaching jobs that require no experience are part time and the ones that require some experience or a degree are full time and you work a 40hr work week not 20.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well granted the one school I found that was giving 6k yen an hr only need you for 5 hrs and that was it. Most of the other schools I saw are giving around 3000 yen a hr and they aren't full time only part time. Most English teaching jobs that require no experience are part time and the ones that require some experience or a degree are full time and you work a 40hr work week not 20.
    thats the difference i didn't know. sorry to jump to conclusions, but when you see X amount and Y amount but one is per hour and the other per month it leaves questions.

thats the difference i didn't know. sorry to jump to conclusions, but when you see X amount and Y amount but one is per hour and the other per month it leaves questions.
    Ya sorry I forgot to mention that too still getting use to the time change here. Haven't been getting decent sleep.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ya sorry I forgot to mention that too still getting use to the time change here. Haven't been getting decent sleep.
    i did 6 years in the Navy. trust me. i know all about getting shitty sleep.

10+ Year Old Account
    Space Dandy - Episodes remaining before it goes viral across the US?

Tonari no Seki-kun - Almost dropped it because of the animation straight off but that was actually hilarious. The ending with the epic music was perfect.

Nobunaga the Fool - Nobunaga, d'Arc, Da Vinci, King Arthur... who's next? A feudal era sci-fi mech with Nobunaga and d'Arc as MC's. Wut. Dat OST though.

Noragami- This show has the best faces. Favorite of the season so far.
    Last edited by Zatheyll; 2014-01-06 at 03:53 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    Space Dandy - Episodes remaining before it goes viral across the US?

Tonari no Seki-kun - Almost dropped it because of the animation straight off but that was actually hilarious. The ending with the epic music was perfect.

Nobunaga the Fool - Nobunaga, d'Arc, Da Vinci, King Arthur... who's next? A feudal era sci-fi mech with Nobunaga and d'Arc as MC's. Wut. Dat OST though.

Noragami- This show has the best faces. Favorite of the season so far.
    you forgot hideyoshi, mitsuhide, magellene (Spelling, the admiral).

10+ Year Old Account
    Let me come over to your place Yami

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Let me come over to your place Yami
    You are welcome to anytime granted it's small as hell place.

15+ Year Old Account
    Space Dandy - Meh overall but the ED is amazing.

Nobunagun - The art style is really horrible, the MC sucks and her VA is not very good, and the plot looks generic. If next episode doesn't improve I'm dropping this.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    Space Dandy - Meh overall but the ED is amazing.

Nobunagun - The art style is really horrible, the MC sucks and her VA is not very good, and the plot looks generic. If next episode doesn't improve I'm dropping this.
    i agree on nobunagun. it seems to just be another braindead shounen. bring back oda nobuna no yabo (For a second season) if you want another oda nobuna tale.

10+ Year Old Account
    Witch Craft Works - That easter egg made my day with Kuroko's VA in the background saying "My Princess... My Princess is with a guy!" Best reference, coincidence or not.

Also dat ED.

Witch Craft Works - That easter egg made my day with Kuroko's VA in the background saying "My Princess... My Princess is with a guy!" Best reference, coincidence or not.

Also dat ED.
    Ya that ed was the best and I loved that easter egg as well. I laughed my ass off when I heard it.

15+ Year Old Account

Also dat ED.
    okay. forgive me if i missed something. but whats with teh easter egg? a nod to another show im guessing, but what is it?

10+ Year Old Account
    okay. forgive me if i missed something. but whats with teh easter egg? a nod to another show im guessing, but what is it?
    A nod to To Aru Kagaku no Railgun. Kuroko is always saying stuff like "Onee-sama!" and how she wants her for her own and hates it when the MC of Index, who's a side character of Railgun, is close to her Onee-sama. Her voice is one of the most recognizable in the anime industry.

Yami you are doing it all wrong go learn german go the the priv. school for all the german+rich kids and teach real english there ;P (they even use german standarts for teaching there which is quite funny;P) and all the Japanese english teacher i know (2) actually speak very well english but well i dont know many to begin with so it dosent mean much ;P

Now talking ANime: Nobunago the Fool not to sure about this show but first episode was ok
    Witch Craft Works: liked it but well lets ee what the comming weeks bring us ;P
    Noragami: i found it to be quit good actually lets see where it goes from here on out
    Nobunagun: ok its action heavy but other then that not much to say about the first story i guess it all depends on the plot overall if its good or not...

Also what else should be comming our way today from the new ones?
    Last edited by Valynvin; 2014-01-06 at 02:15 PM.

Anime-List
    Hearthstone: Inngrimsch #2408
    Steam
    LoL

Quote Originally Posted by Valynvin View Post
    Also what else should be comming our way today from the new ones?
    Toaru Hikuushi e no Koiuta and D-Frag!, I think.

Deleted
    That'd probably be the most plausible explanation.

To answer your second paragraph, one of the biggest points of alternate universes is the infinite universe thing. Where there are universes that are completely different from you or so similar to yours that the only thing different in the entire world could be a single persons name or the size of a single pebble. This would be a world that copies the landmass but instead of going a technological route it goes a magical route.
    That's how the infinite universe theory works in fiction and yes, it's a possibility. However, if Log Horizon takes that route and forgoes all explanation in place of "lol chance" I'll be SEVERELY disappointed. It\d be extremely lazy and not in line with how is it shaping out so far.

Why does everyone assume that witch craft works is a harem it isn't from the manga stand point at all. Also yes it does get better since it did get better in the manga.

- - - Updated - - -

Also here are all the classes for Log horizon and sub classes you can choose from if anyone was wondering.
    http://imgur.com/CD7jBC8
    Last edited by Yami; 2014-01-06 at 04:42 PM.

Deleted
    Also here are all the classes for Log horizon and sub classes you can choose from if anyone was wondering.
    http://imgur.com/CD7jBC8
    And Kannagi has 69 for the symbol instead of Yin-Yang graphic. I guess it suits the fox who's representing it.