15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemoglobin View Post
    Z/X Ignition - No. Dropped.
    i love just how brutally blunt you are.

Alright, it's finally time to start Muv-Luv. Been putting this off because I didn't like the idea of trudging through Extra to get to the good stuff, but it is time!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brincamian View Post
    Alright, it's finally time to start Muv-Luv. Been putting this off because I didn't like the idea of trudging through Extra to get to the good stuff, but it is time!
    it's a very hit or miss anime. most people i know loved the first two episodes but then hated the rest because they failed to realize that the story isn't about the actual war with the beta, but about the people.

Chelly
    Really? I found the first 2-3 episodes to be one of the worst ones I've ever seen. Full of "quality", bad voice acting, cringy dialogue, and a "meh" twist.
    Dunno how it is after that. Dropped it after finishing the 3rd episode.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm guessing he is talking about the VN, but I might be wrong...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    i'm talking about the anime.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    i'm talking about the anime.
    I know, I meant Brincamian.

Ya they are talking about the VN as Muv luv has 2 parts Muv luv extra and Muv-Luv Unlimited.

I am indeed talking about the VNs, I believe the only Muv-Luv anime was an adaptation of a spinoff VN that hasn't been translated yet (Alternative: Total Eclipse). I don't have any plan to check that out at the moment. VN adaptations have always been lackluster for me.

Extra is the first VN, and is fairly light and romcomish, but leads into Unlimited and then Alternative (Alternative = good stuff, not the same as Total Eclipse, and top rated VN according to VNDB, whatever that means). Just gotta get through Extra first, which is apparently long and tedious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nonon View Post
    Really? I found the first 2-3 episodes to be one of the worst ones I've ever seen. Full of "quality", bad voice acting, cringy dialogue, and a "meh" twist.
    Dunno how it is after that. Dropped it after finishing the 3rd episode.
    Good. It was terrible except for 2-3 parts.

I've heard the VN's are one of the best of all time though.

- - - Updated - - -

Extra is the first VN, and is fairly light and romcomish, but leads into Unlimited and then Alternative (Alternative = good stuff, not the same as Total Eclipse, and top rated VN according to VNDB, whatever that means). Just gotta get through Extra first, which is apparently long and tedious.
    In terms of popularity to score Fate/Stay Night actually ranks the highest. Over double that of Muv-Luv.

Gin no Saji - I'm so happy this show is back. That face was McDonalds tier.

Golden Time - New OP is one of my favorite of all time. Haven't even gotten to the show yet and I just keep repeating it over and over.
    Last edited by Zatheyll; 2014-01-11 at 04:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    I've heard the VN's are one of the best of all time though.

In terms of popularity to score Fate/Stay Night actually ranks the highest. Over double that of Muv-Luv.
    Type-Moon and F/SN is just way more well known over here, so it'll naturally have way more ratings in general. It's still somewhat impressive how Alternative has 2100 votes with 1300 of them being 10s. I haven't seen a ratio like that on anything else on the site. Either way, they're both clearly considered to be some of the best VNs in existence.
    Last edited by Brincamian; 2014-01-11 at 04:57 AM.

Deleted
    Can I fanboi a bit? Can I?
    Muv-Luv is definitely the best VN I have read and probably in top3 of best stories I've experienced, regardless of media... And I read a lot. It's otherworldly, brutal and amazing. Extra is not bad as far as romcom goes - but pay attention to details, even though it's essentially just a prologue. You will be surprised how much sense random little things make when you get to certain parts of Alternative. The one and only fault is the fact it's 100% linear - Extra has routes, Unlimited has some minor branching, but Alternative is almost as linear as a regular novel, pretty much everything is predetermined.

You are in for one hell of a trip.
    Last edited by mmocab3a46fee3; 2014-01-11 at 05:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Can I fanboi a bit? Can I?
    Muv-Luv is definitely the best VN I have read and probably in top3 of best stories I've experienced, regardless of media... And I read a lot. It's otherworldly, brutal and amazing. Extra is not bad as far as romcom goes - but pay attention to details, even though it's essentially just a prologue. You will be surprised how much sense random little things make when you get to certain parts of Alternative.

You are in for one hell of a trip.
    Yeah, I remember your raving about muv-luv much earlier in this thread. I've had my eye on it for some time now.

Do you happen to have a VNDB list of what you've read so far? I don't get to chat VNs too often, and am actually starting to run out of translated stuff that I'm interested in. Would be cool to view some other people's lists.

Deleted
    Yeah, I remember your raving about muv-luv much earlier in this thread. I've had my eye on it for some time now.

Do you happen to have a VNDB list of what you've read so far? I don't get to chat VNs too often, and am actually starting to run out of translated stuff that I'm interested in. Would be cool to view some other people's lists.
    Actually, by "and I read a lot" I meant traditional books, mostly western - I don't have too many VNs under my belt. ^.^

Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Actually, by "and I read a lot" I meant traditional books, mostly western - I don't have too many VNs under my belt. ^.^
    Gotcha. Muv-Luv will be my 20th, and while there are tons more to read, I feel like the quality might be just downhill from here...

10+ Year Old Account
    Golden Time - Ghost Banri confirmed worst. He needs to die.

OP still confirmed best.

Also Koko's cooking confirmed masterchef.

Deleted
    Sakura Trick: I think I just squealed myself to DESU. SO much yuri, and I don't even need to put on my goggles.

Quote Originally Posted by Hemoglobin View Post
    Z/X Ignition - No. Dropped.
    I have to agree with you i give it one more episode if it dosent improve adios ;X definetly the worst first episode i have seen this season so far <,<

Anime-List
    Hearthstone: Inngrimsch #2408
    Steam
    LoL

10+ Year Old Account
    17 airing animes on my list with only one that has a possibility of being dropped unless one of the others completely fucks up over the next few episodes...

Will be 18 if Sekai Seifuku goes well too...

I'm scared.

Well I guess Pupa is minimal investment per week at least.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by loli ninja eating pizza View Post
    ;_;

Sumika's ahoge is pretty cute.
    Put a spoiler tag there.

Oh do not remind me, my mouth just gaped open when I first got to that part. Does not beat OmNomNom, though, as far as shock value goes.

Who would have thought brutal tentacle rape can be turned into an emotional moment integral to character presentation T.T
    Last edited by mmocab3a46fee3; 2014-01-11 at 01:08 PM.