Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    WTB less source material mangling in the anime industry plx.
    Good luck with that. It will never happen unless they are as based as the No game No life author who is making it so his shit doesn't get fucked over. Most of the people who write manga let their shit get stomped all over to make it air on tv. It's a business for the networks and the animators. They have to have a say in it's creation to maximize sales.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    WTB less source material mangling in the anime industry plx.
    agreed, they already neutred one of my favorite early scenes in mahouka.

15+ Year Old Account
    Decided to finally try the Tsukihime anime, just to see how bad it is.

I've only seen the first episode so far, but I'm actually quite surprised. I mean, the shitty art was to be expected. But I still wasn't expecting such weird deviations right from the beginning, nor did I expect them to screw up early characterization. Shiki barging into Akiha's room asking to see the newspaper was pretty hilarious; if he would have done that in the VN, Akiha would have flipped on him. And then we have something like Satsuki apparently being buddy-buddy with Arihiko and Shiki. All tied together with a Shiki that has even less personality than VN Shiki.

But the best fucking part was when Arc actually RUNS away from Shiki. Arcueid, the strongest True Ancestor, actually runs away like a like a little girl. What the fuck? That is laughably bad.

Jesus, despite being a major fan of Fate/Stay Night, I kinda wish they would have redid the Tsukihime first. The Fate/Stay Night anime was bad, but it wasn't completely terrible, and it at least stayed true to the source material... somewhat (excluding bondage Sakura). But the Tsukihime anime is just horrible right from the beginning.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AceofHarts View Post
    an example of why i don't normally read ANN/MAL forums -

someone posted in the spring preview thread about mahouka koukou no rettousei, and a bunch of fans, moderators, reviewers, and even the admins took his post to mean that the Author of Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei was racist against the chinese and they all said they were basically done with Mahouka because of it, that they didn't want to see anything that was based on racist material.
    a few of the people who actually read the light novel tried to tell them that they were misunderstanding his post and that the light novel was not racist, but those who thought it was racist (Based solely on this one post) told them they should be quiet and that it was racist, and that the ones defending it were racist, toxic, and etc. the admins, moderators, and reviewers for ANN even threatened to ban anyone disagreeing with them.
    the person who made the initial post came back and said that it was all a misunderstanding, that he himself was chinese, and not only did he not find MKnR racist, but he 1) enjoyed the light novel a lot, and 2) spent his own free time translating the LN for the fans.
    That sounds almost as bad as tumblr.

Quote Originally Posted by Esdese View Post
    The only good thing about MAL. Every other site has horrible layout for this, especially ANN.
    Trying to find a VA's roles in anime on ANN is the worst thing ever.

MAL easily has the best layout for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Meteoria View Post
    We still have our drama's, which those topics are definitely circle jerks but they usually end quickly. Best Thread EU.
    If you want a circle jerk go to Chat Thread. Over half the people there are part of a circle jerk. Terrible people, they are.

:3

Quote Originally Posted by Esdese View Post
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/1Jjl6Ff.png[IMG]

My dick is diamonds.
    New SSBB character? Aw ye.

Probably going to get it for 3DS since I don't have a Wii U. Everyone else should get it for 3DS too.

What else was announced during the stream? I was at work.

Quote Originally Posted by Hemoglobin View Post
    Just pick one; lighthearted or dark. Bugs me when a show tries to do both.
    *cough* Kotoura-san *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachroxs View Post
    Holy shit CR got Coffin Princess. CR IS SLOWLY TAKING OVER THE WORLDDDD. now if only they would gain the right to sub sell the anime they get it would be the ultimate site ever

- - - Updated - - -

AND NO GAME NO LIFE? wow they went crazy this time around
    Crunchyroll confirmed ruining fansubbing.

If they actually hired some good subbers and weren't so literal they'd be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    Why? I don't see why a show needs to be constantly "dark and edgy" for it to be good. In fact, I think for the most part a show needs these lighthearted moments to be able to be taken seriously.

Take Steins;Gate for example. It has characters like Mayuri or Feyris, yet still manages to get rather dark later on. If the show was completely dark from the very beginning it is unlikely it would have been as good.

It might not be the greatest comparison because Black Bullet's lighthearted moments are a bit overdone, but it is still valid. A show can't be completely serious all the time, there needs to be some sort of comic relief or else the entire thing usually ends up falling flat. Very rarely can a show not do this and still manage to be good.
    Steins;Gate does the blend absolutely perfectly, unlike the show I mentioned above. The comedy moments blend in perfectly as it gets darker and darker. Even then it can easily transition between one and the two because you don't feel the need for it to stay dark once it becomes dark. Something happens, they go back to what they're doing, and then something worse happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    If you want a circle jerk go to Chat Thread. Over half the people there are part of a circle jerk. Terrible people, they are.

i love you too sand pie

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    i love you too sand pie
    I-I love you too i'm ooto.

- - - Updated - - -

Love Live! - Holy shit, I thought the opening was a dream. No way could she be Student Council President. No way.

Nico is damn right. Stuff like that sells.

Please Youtube comments.. why do you have to spoil currently airing shows for me...
    Last edited by Zatheyll; 2014-04-09 at 07:15 AM.

Deleted

I can hardly call that a circlejerk, maybe some shitposting gen thread, or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuro- View Post
    I can hardly call that a circlejerk, maybe some shitposting gen thread, or something.
    More like fun posting am i right?

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    Pretty cool. Still hoping that Chrom or Lucina will be announced as playable characters.
    It will never be Lucina
    If they would've included Lucina, it would be instead of Marth.
    But they can't replace Marth, because he's the iconic "Fire Emblem" person.
    >tfw no qt3.14 Lucina waifu
    Chrom might replace Ike though
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemoglobin View Post
    My FE: Awakening streetpass team is pretty much unstoppable. It has a combined rating of about 2200. 5 of which are 250+ rating, with my 2 best at 288 and 283. I feel sorry for the people who run into me lol.
    It's fun because my street pass team has 10 units with full stats capped.
    60 speed Severa :^)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grading View Post
    It was named Smash Run in English, but yeah, it seemed really fun. And now there's even a "1V1 ME FINAL DESTINATION BRO"-mode.
    Well I dunno, to me it looked like "Zoek & Smash" and "Eindbestemming"
    I couldn't stop laughing at the Dutch versions.
    Same. Or at least as an alternate skin to Marth.
    You gave me slight hope that they'll maybe add this... :c
    New SSBB character? Aw ye.

Probably going to get it for 3DS since I don't have a Wii U. Everyone else should get it for 3DS too.
    I just realised.
    If people add eachother here for 3DS they can play together, since you can play Online with friends.
    What else was announced during the stream? I was at work.
    You can choose ranked or fun in online play. (1v1 Final Destination no items vs Free For All + items + random stage)
    New Game Mode: Smash Run, which is akin to the "Head for the Goal" or Adventure modes in earlier games. You grab powerups (Like KIRBY AIR RIDE) and after some time, you'll use said powerups and fight against others.
    Stages are different for every release and there is a Final Destination version of every stage.
    Greninja & Charizard.
    Yoshi now walks straight instead of crouched.
    Olimar now only has 3 Pikmin but his Pikmin are summoned in a particular order.
    Zero Suit Samus now has jet boots and is a seperate character.
    On said topic of 2 versions of samus, they've stepped away from "Transformation"-sequences, so they made Charizard/Greninja/Zelda/Shiek/ZS Samus/Samus seperate characters.
    3DS version in summer 2014, WiiU version in winter 2014
    New Bombchu/Beetle/X-Bomb/Ore Club items
    Can't really remember anything else.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuro- View Post
    The Steam Group is a circlejerk.
    The thread itself isn't.
    Last edited by mmoca4d455c28a; 2014-04-09 at 11:02 AM. Reason: Added some stuff about Super Smash

No Game No life started YAY I can finally use my TV for something besides playing video games!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yami View Post
    No Game No life started YAY I can finally use my TV for something besides playing video games!
    People still use those? I keep mine on for ambiance and that's about it. Monitors and the Internet ftw.

People still use those? I keep mine on for ambiance and that's about it. Monitors and the Internet ftw.
    I keep it for the PS3 fighting games that will never come to Pc or ever be localized. Like J star Victory vs which has Chitoge as a support character! JoJo fighting game is now being localized and should be in the US in April.

?

TV is connected to LAN. NAS can stream stuff to TV. Smartphone can be used as remote control. PC is connected to TV via HDMI. I love my TV

Deleted
    I use my TV to hang my used clothes on when I go to sleep.
    :^)

So No game No life is over now. Very good first episode and it ended where I thought it would end. Madhouse did a good job with the colors and characters. Much better than Mahouka/10 Also Shiro got the most fanservice this episode and none of it was censored. The Cruncyroll rip might tell a different story though.
    CR subs soon so good luck with your censoring!
    Last edited by Yami; 2014-04-09 at 01:05 PM.

horrible says it dosent air for another 2 1/2 hour? but can't wait for it one of my most anticipated animes this season ^^
    Also Soul eater Not isn't half bad for a spinoff atleast first episode had a few giggles here and there ^^

Anime-List
    Hearthstone: Inngrimsch #2408
    Steam
    LoL

Yeah, Soul Eater Not! was fun. It doesn't seem as dark as Soul Eater, but at least you see most of the original characters pretty quickly. Although, the art style seems a little bit different... not sure if it's just me.

Looking forward to No Game No Life, I have high hopes for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Valynvin View Post
    horrible says it dosent air for another 2 1/2 hour? but can't wait for it one of my most anticipated animes this season ^^
    Also Soul eater Not isn't half bad for a spinoff atleast first episode had a few giggles here and there ^^
    Ya I saw that it would be airing in 2hrs for you all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Grading View Post
    Yeah, Soul Eater Not! was fun. It doesn't seem as dark as Soul Eater, but at least you see most of the original characters pretty quickly. Although, the art style seems a little bit different... not sure if it's just me.

Looking forward to No Game No Life, I have high hopes for it.
    Well Soul Eater not is a side story so it won't be as dark as the parent story of Soul eater. I didn't like the art style in it.

Deleted
    @Black Bullet
    >Virus is spread by "bodily fluids"
    >Sometimes it gets into the mouths of pregnant women
    Did they just imply that I thought it implied..?

Deleted
    Dis 70's prog rock.

Might have to re-watch JoJo's at some point just cause.