Quote Originally Posted by Brincamian View Post
    I know the author is considered one of the better horror mangakas around, it's a pity they didn't choose something better. The one with the human shaped holes is incredibly unsettling.
    One of the best, his art is amazing. Only downside is he doesn't know how to end stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post
    On Gyo: The UFOTable adaptation is pretty much spot on for the parts they covered. Gyo is just bad. I like it and it's still terrible. It's like watching a cheap, stupid plot 70's b-movie, that tries to take itself far too seriously. Then it just turns into a pure Troma flick.
    Also this is incredibly true, Gyo is hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Orochiro View Post
    I thought the spirals everywhere one was even better than the human shaped holes. That isn't saying much though because I didn't really like any of his works (Gyo is the worst one though).
    Shittiest taste.

Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Maybe I'll check out some more of his work. I may have been too fast to judge after seeing Gyo.
    You really should, especially in time for spooks day. Read Uzumaki for sure. Hes made a ton of really unsettling shit, as I said before though he builds it up fantastically and just lets everything fizzle.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    this is not spooki boogie
    Last edited by Digglett; 2014-10-23 at 10:38 PM.

God the music for GAROOO! is so good!

Akatsuki no Yona episode 3 - Wow.. Just wow. That was actually sad for some reason. Seeing them all as kids and seeing how the interacted and how they had bonded just makes it really sad to see what has happened. How did Soo-won go from that kind of kid, into a murder killing Yonas father? I really cant wait to see what really happened, i think the king killing his father is 100% lie being fed to him. Hak harboring feelings for the princess and seeing her talk about her feelings for Soo-Won actually hit a soft spot, felt so bad for him. I wonder if he still harbors those feelings for her. He became the perfect guardian and will give up anything for her to survive, I just love it so much. Cant wait to see how their relationship develops. Yona was pretty adorable as a kid, her throwing snowballs at hak and getting sad cause her father hadnt visited her yet, just so freaking adorable. Her "bribing" Hak was 10/10

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Magician 1412 View Post
    Akatsuki no Yona episode 3 - Wow.. Just wow. That was actually sad for some reason. Seeing them all as kids and seeing how the interacted and how they had bonded just makes it really sad to see what has happened. How did Soo-won go from that kind of kid, into a murder killing Yonas father? I really cant wait to see what really happened, i think the king killing his father is 100% lie being fed to him. Hak harboring feelings for the princess and seeing her talk about her feelings for Soo-Won actually hit a soft spot, felt so bad for him. I wonder if he still harbors those feelings for her. He became the perfect guardian and will give up anything for her to survive, I just love it so much. Cant wait to see how their relationship develops. Yona was pretty adorable as a kid, her throwing snowballs at hak and getting sad cause her father hadnt visited her yet, just so freaking adorable. Her "bribing" Hak was 10/10
    Soo-Won is either fed lies or witnessed something he misunderstood greatly, in my opinion. Assuming the entire flashback won't be turned into "lololol they all lied!!111" later on, I can't imagine the King murdering his brother for power or Soo-Won using a lie to give justification to his rebellion. Also, Yona's bribe would totes work on me.

Is this series going to be two-cour? Considering that about half of those first 3 episodes combined was spent on flashbacks to establish the characters, 12 episodes seems to be somewhat insufficient. Not that I mind the flashbacks, they got me to genuinely care for the characters which is not easy to do in so little time, but 9 episodes to deliver the actual story when the setup was this expansive seems less than appropriate.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh god, Twitails. You never disappoint. I pity the fools who refuse to accept the appearance of one, true, definite AOTY.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Oh god, Twitails. You never disappoint. I pity the fools who refuse to accept the appearance of one, true, definite AOTY.
    I'm starting to believe it is the anime of the decade, it is that good

No episode count yet for akatsuki no yona. I'm hoping it's a 2cour myself. Or longer. Hemo is missing out I bet he would like this show.

Got to admit, there're so many actually excellent, or just good shows this season, that this has to be the best year for anime ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shigatsu may easily be one of my favorite of the season. It's amazing. This OP makes me so happy.

They make kids look way too adorable in this show.

OH MY GOSH THE ENGRISH SINGING. IT'S FUCKING AMAZING YES YES Y ES YES YE SYES YES.

Holy fuck she's crazy. She's amazing.

I knew she was waifu material last episode, but now she's 20x waifu material.

Is this what it feels like to be insane?

THAT FLASHY MOVE AFTER THE KICK. 10/10

PLEASE NO WHY IS SHE CRYING.

YES HE SAID YES. I KNEW HE WAS GOING TO SAY YES BUT HE SAID IT.

Ahhhhhh this is so great. Why does it have to end. I want to hear them so badly. A week is too long for this pain. ;_;

This show makes me unbelievably happy. Every scene I feel shivers down my spine. I love it so so so much. It might actually be AotS for me. Quite easily actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    Shigatsu may easily be one of my favorite of the season. It's amazing. This OP makes me so happy.

This show makes me unbelievably happy. Every scene I feel shivers down my spine. I love it so so so much. It might actually be AotS for me. Quite easily actually.
    I think it's in my top 5 at the moment and probably still will be at the end of this season. It's just a beautifully crafted adaptation. It may not have Unlimited Budget Works like some of the top shows out, but its impact and the sheer beauty of the scene constructions designed around the music, as if accompanying it, rather than just ignoring it, is amazing.

It generally takes a lot for a SoL or romance/comedy to catch my interest and this one has done it really well.

The fucking music in particular though. I want this OST, the variants of the classics and reworks are just outstanding, not to mention the amount of love put into the animation of the main character's performances.

Also, the scene where he steps out of the darkness as the music lifts to a soft peak, as if being lit up gradually by the tones being played. The metaphor and accompaniment of the delicate piano touches. My ears are swords.
    Last edited by Shinzai; 2014-10-24 at 01:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    I'm waiting for this to arrive. Literally bought based on everything you said when you were reading xD
    Yup, I got this at a comic store in Philly. 100% worth it. I saw it and smiled like a fucking doof, once I picked it up I couldn't let it out of my hands and it was pretty much already mine at that point.

To make it worse, I was there with my boyfriend and following me purchasing the book I kept saying. "UZU-MAKI" Probably got on his nerves. ((:
    Last edited by Digglett; 2014-10-24 at 01:23 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    Yup, I got this at a comic store in Philly. 100% worth it. I saw it and smiled like a fucking doof, once I picked it up I couldn't let it out of my hands and it was pretty much already mine at that point.

To make it worse, I was there with my boyfriend and following me purchasing the book I kept saying. "UZU-MAKI" Probably got on his nerves. ((:
    Damn, I didn't know naruto made books

Well apparently Zankyou No Terror had a Second OST it was released yesterday and it's up on the cat site.

10+ Year Old Account
    Daitoshokan - Another super amazing show. It's both so heartwarming, so mysterious, and so hilarious.

AHAHAHA OH SHIT THAT BLATANT REFERENCE. AHAHAHA.

I've never seen a show make a reference that large, covering an entire scene like that.

Ponytail is my new favorite character.

The faces in this show of the girls are sexy as fuck. So lewd. Her face when she holds open the door.

Okay yes she's amazing too.

All the girls in this show are amazing. ALL OF THEM. The cat included.

SHE'S SO LEWD. SO LEWD.

This show is freaking amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Epuration View Post
    Damn, I didn't know naruto made books

10+ Year Old Account
    http://33.media.tumblr.com/533cb465063ac7370021353f05f4649f/tumblr_ndt542puKC1rc5pxco1_500.png
    *DIGGU attacks PENIS with EROTIC FICTION*

*It has no effect!*

10+ Year Old Account
    [IMG]http://33.media.tumblr.com/533cb465063ac7370021353f05f4649f/tumblr_ndt542puKC1rc5pxco1_500.png[IMG]
    So hot. 10/10

- - - Updated - - -

TIL:what a forklift looks like when it blows up in a massive fire ball

10+ Year Old Account
    Would you give her a donut?

Chelly
    Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    Would you give her a donut?
    I'd let her go nuts on my donuts

Shirobako is comfy as fuck, even when it's chaotic

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    I'd let her go nuts on my donuts

Shirobako is comfy as fuck, even when it's chaotic
    Her despair event horizon face is precious.