10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Monado View Post
    I can't resist posting this.
    I have to, I must.
    [IMG]https://dl.dropbox.com/u/103285254/Dem%20eyes.JPG[IMG]
    Dem eyes.
    Looks like aliens.

btw what's the new anime in the new carnival phantasm?
    Last edited by bals; 2013-02-02 at 07:12 AM.

Deleted
    Tamako Market
    I was synchronizing with a friend on skype, to be able to watch and comment at the same time. When I saw Tamako feeding Dera I thought that she actually wants to cook him or something. Then he linked me this: link < this should be a part of the spoiler
    I found that image pretty amusing.

that FT and SSY ep's both so good
    FT even when i knew it was going to happen erza bashing all 100 monsters and cana destroying the MPF was just tooooooo awsome ;D
    SSY so they finally attacked going to be interesting whats happening now and how the queerats try to win this

Anime-List
    Hearthstone: Inngrimsch #2408
    Steam
    LoL

10+ Year Old Account
    Sasami-san - This episode was a whole lot of what. The looking at onii-chan incest manga, ordering condoms(?), and the VA singer turning into her father. Plus the aliens. Why is Shaft so awesome.

MMY - Got to see a bit more hero, and this time some demon species. What we've seen didn't look nearly as bad as I expected, but I guess seeing as their "King" looks like a human anyways it isn't that far off. I love how the entire fleet was taken out by a few giant squid. It also seems that the Demon King is going to be fighting for the humans, and the hero is going to be fighting for the demons on opposing sides? This'll be fun.

Mondaiji - I don't care how OP they make Izayoi, I don't want to see him be defeated once. I just want the entire show to be him beating up annoying enemies with some adorable Yo and Usagi on the side. Asuka too.

SSY - I hope Kiroumaru is okay. He's the only queerat I could stand/liked. I want to see Yakomaru get a long painful torturous death too, especially seeing as how he lied about the bones. It's absolutely insane how much power that High Priest has, and the crazy guy also had an insane amount too. It feels like if they put their mind to it they could tear apart the world by themselves. I wonder how the High Priest got four pupils? That's the first time I've ever seen something like that anywhere, and it looks both strange but impressively cool.

I watched Mirai Nikki due to a post in this thread and loved most of it. Henceforth I will get opinions from you guys when I get in an anime mood. (Like right now). :OOO

I've seen a lot of animes so you'll probably have to name a few. I don't like sci-fi (although stuff like Steins Gate is great. Just nothing too futuristic). I can be swayed into sci-fi if the story is different, kind of like Xam'd. I didn't like the gundam series and I wasn't too fond of code geass. I don't really like anything focused around romance, although if it's really good I can be swayed. I've seen several romance animes and I've only liked one though (Chobits). I don't really like anything that has dorky humor (K-On, Lucky Star, etc). Haruhi Suzumiya is an exemption, and while it was really random and wacky, it had serious plot points.

I like psycological the most (Kaiji, Steins Gate, Higurashi, for example). Anything fantasy is good. (Louie the Rune Soldier, Kaze no Stigma, Brave 10). I don't mind present day style animes either (Speed Grapher is still one of my favorite animes). I don't mind ecchi as long as the story is decent. (Queens Blade for example, and that was VERY border line). Adult animes are okay too (Like Gantz, Berserk).

I'm sure from the information provided someone can point me in the right direction :O
    Last edited by Zafire; 2013-02-02 at 10:50 AM.

Deleted
    Sasami-san: What did I just watch?! Shaft gonna Shaft, I guess. >.<'

Speaking of Shaft, I tried watching the first episode of Sayonara, Zetsubou-Sensei and I'd like to get into it, because I like the art style and the premise seems fun, but I just hear Arararagi whenever the teacher speaks and I think I associate his voice too much with -monogatari to get properly immersed in SZS. =I

SSY: Wow! That fight was amazing! I loved how the monk compressed the explosion and then launched it back at the queerats. Crazy shizzle! His eyes are really funky too.
    Felt zero sympathy for the head of the Board of Education dying. They're all, especially her, a bunch of tyrannical arseholes.
    Last edited by mmocf558c230a5; 2013-02-02 at 02:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zafire View Post
    I watched Mirai Nikki due to a post in this thread and loved most of it. Henceforth I will get opinions from you guys when I get in an anime mood. (Like right now). :OOO

I've seen a lot of animes so you'll probably have to name a few. I don't like sci-fi (although stuff like Steins Gate is great. Just nothing too futuristic). I can be swayed into sci-fi if the story is different, kind of like Xam'd. I didn't like the gundam series and I wasn't too fond of code geass. I don't really like anything focused around romance, although if it's really good I can be swayed. I've seen several romance animes and I've only liked one though (Chobits). I don't really like anything that has dorky humor (K-On, Lucky Star, etc). Haruhi Suzumiya is an exemption, and while it was really random and wacky, it had serious plot points.

I like psycological the most (Kaiji, Steins Gate, Higurashi, for example). Anything fantasy is good. (Louie the Rune Soldier, Kaze no Stigma, Brave 10). I don't mind present day style animes either (Speed Grapher is still one of my favorite animes). I don't mind ecchi as long as the story is decent. (Queens Blade for example, and that was VERY border line). Adult animes are okay too (Like Gantz, Berserk).

I'm sure from the information provided someone can point me in the right direction :O
    I'd check any of these out -

Angel Beats! - On the outside it looks like any other highschool drama, but it's both wacky, sad, and has a nice story.

Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai (or AnoHana for short) - My favorite sad anime. It's a really short one at only 11 episodes, but it deals with hikikomoris, long lost relationships, and ghosts of the past.

Monogatari Series - Starting with Bakemonogatari. If you feel comfortable in the fact that anime can get really weird, this is the one for you. If you plan on watching it also make sure you are ready to pay attention to every second of it and are fine with dialog that spans entire episodes. It deals heavily in the supernatural and the art can seem a bit surreal at times. I know many here would recommend it to a non new comer to anime.

Clannad + After Story - Many people would say this is "the" drama anime. First season can get pretty sad, but still more light-hearted slice of life high school antics. Second season is a full out brawlfest though.

Fate/Zero - The action/fantasy anime. It takes heroes from the past and brings them into the modern world to fight as servants in the war for the Holy Grail. Another one many here would recommend right off the bat.

Durarara!! - I'm a lot more biased at the moment with this one because I just watched it, but the entire show left me stunned. It all takes place in a city where some of the strongest and strangest people live, and the interesting lives of all those people and how they intertwine with each other. How one seemingly insignificant event sets off a domino effect that changes the entire city around each character differently. It's the only show I can think of where I loved each character in it.

Don't want to give out too many, so these are the ones I thought would be best to put up.

Another way to get recommendations in the future is just checking the sigs of posters in this thread. Many of us have MAL/AP anime watched lists and have shows rated. Just check out the lists and what's at the top and look into each individual show on various lists.
    Last edited by Zatheyll; 2013-02-02 at 11:06 AM.

Deleted
    If you're so scared someone will see you watching anime, pressing "b" on mpc-hc minimizes and pauses the video.

also new psycho pass episode was finally something

you sound like u found the other psycho pass ep's boring ;O also the sasami ep was quite good espescially when i think back at ep 1 and would have nearly dropped it if i hadnt watched ep 2 ;D

Anime-List
    Steam
    LoL

Deleted
    Been waiting for todays Fairy Tail to become animated for ages now. Erza taking on the 100 alone was stretched out but that was nice to see the actual battle inside instead of the mangas 1-2 pages of "i didnt believe my eyes". Also, Fairy Glitter ftw. Next episode is going to be a blast aswell, looking forward to it.

As for the whole "watch on lappy away from parents" thingie. I watch on lappy, and download to it aswell. Its right beside my desky, but for some reason im used to it so i keep at it. Also helps that its shielded from sight compared to the desky monitor, in case those fanservice parts happen (and they always want to happen right when someone wants to ask me something...). I keep getting asked why i dont just go dual monitor and scrap the lappy 0.o

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenhou View Post
    Been waiting for todays Fairy Tail to become animated for ages now. Erza taking on the 100 alone was stretched out but that was nice to see the actual battle inside instead of the mangas 1-2 pages of "i didnt believe my eyes". Also, Fairy Glitter ftw. Next episode is going to be a blast aswell, looking forward to it.

As for the whole "watch on lappy away from parents" thingie. I watch on lappy, and download to it aswell. Its right beside my desky, but for some reason im used to it so i keep at it. Also helps that its shielded from sight compared to the desky monitor, in case those fanservice parts happen (and they always want to happen right when someone wants to ask me something...). I keep getting asked why i dont just go dual monitor and scrap the lappy 0.o
    Yeah this week's Fairy Tail was great, but I saw the Fairy Glitter part coming by a mile. I was like: "Oh it's Cana, inb4 Fairy Glitter". And so it was. I liked how Erza mixed up sets this episode too, looked really awesome. There were also some armor sets I didn't recognise, since I was like "Dafuck is that one?" A few times. Overall a fantastic episode. Next episode we get Laxus, gonna be great.

Sasami-san: What the fuck did I just watch?

there was an armor set she didnt use before? i am quite sure i only saw those that where used ;O like tenrou island armor phantom lord arc armor jellal arc armor etc. :X

Anime-List
    Steam
    LoL

Deleted
    Yeah, i didnt see any new ones either. They even put in the filler arcs weapon there 0.o

All this talk of Fairy Tail is making me want to hurry up and catch up with my rewatch. I'm on episode 80 and I'll be skipping the key arc, so not long before I finally get to the magic games.

Quote Originally Posted by Zafire View Post
    I watched Mirai Nikki due to a post in this thread and loved most of it. Henceforth I will get opinions from you guys when I get in an anime mood. (Like right now). :OOO I'm sure from the information provided someone can point me in the right direction :O
    Kara no Kyoukai (fantasy, supernatural, psychological), Fate/Zero (already recommended), Baccano! (violent and fun), Monster (a bit old, psychological thriller), Shin Sekai Yori and Psycho-Pass (both currently airing psychological series)

Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    Durarara!! - I'm a lot more biased at the moment with this one because I just watched it, but the entire show left me stunned. It all takes place in a city where some of the strongest and strangest people live, and the interesting lives of all those people and how they intertwine with each other. How one seemingly insignificant event sets off a domino effect that changes the entire city around each character differently. It's the only show I can think of where I loved each character in it.
    You need to jump on Baccano! fast, I personally think it's a better version of Durarara!. I watched Baccano! first, though, so I may be a bit biased towards that one

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valynvin View Post
    there was an armor set she didnt use before? i am quite sure i only saw those that where used ;O like tenrou island armor phantom lord arc armor jellal arc armor etc. :X
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenhou View Post
    Yeah, i didnt see any new ones either. They even put in the filler arcs weapon there 0.o
    I'll add some pics so you know what I mean.
    Can't find a bigger pic/shot of this one but:

I can't remember seeing one with white/orange color scheme.

Also:

It looks like Black Wing Armor, but it has no wings, and BWA has no spikes on it.

Deleted
    Got a point. Clearly her armour evolved when her magic power increased! :P

she used the 2nd one when she fought natsu once before she used her flame empress armor ;X also iirc she used it against jellal but not sure cant remeber where i saw the first one could be from the bigbut filler thing ;P

Anime-List
    Steam
    LoL

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brincamian View Post
    You need to jump on Baccano! fast, I personally think it's a better version of Durarara!. I watched Baccano! first, though, so I may be a bit biased towards that one
    I have it downloaded and ready to watch, I'll get to it!