Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivehn View Post
    I'm loving Fairy tail, i haven't read the manga because the anime is on going. I'v read people saying the anime is bad but its probably one of the best animes i'v watched in a LONG time and i'm very picky.

I'm tempted to read the manga because now i have to wait for Mondays to come by for a new episode. I feel if theres an anime reading the manga is only going to spoil ti and make me not wanna watch the anime.
    I started doing that with Bleach, watched the first 200 episodes in a few days then was like "fuck". So I started reading the manga, which unfortunately just makes watching all the damn filler more annoying. Fortunately the anime's main storyline stays true to the original work for something as long running as that

Quote Originally Posted by Karosene View Post
    (Especially Clannad: Another World, Tomoyo Chapter >_>)
    i still don't know why so many people prefer Tomoyo over Kyou, or even Nagisa. :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Niyari View Post
    i still don't know why so many people prefer Tomoyo over Kyou, or even Nagisa. :/
    Clannad (1st season) SPOILER:
    first, it's not a question between prefering Tomoyo and prefering Kyou, since there is no ending (in the anime) with Kyou.

second, i like Nagisa and i usually prefer the cute, shy girls in harem anime, but the ending with Nagisa was the worst part of the anime imo. not because i don't like her (i do!), but because is was so terribly "innocent" to a point where it just got ridiculous. they say they love each other, but they are embarrased to hold hands?! wtf?

the shyness may fit Nagisa's character, but Tomoya should have been the counter part, gently but steadily showing her how wonderful even things like holding hands, kissing and cuddling can be, and that they are nothing to be embarrased of, or at least not when no one else is around.

that's why i like Tomoyo Chapter much more, the relationship of those two is portrayed in a much more realistic and mature way - while still retaining the innocence of typical anime romances.

(mark to read^^)

thats a spoiler? he was talking about peoples opinions of the characters not what happends in the anime.

Quote Originally Posted by Lagwin View Post
    well bad news , Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica has been cancled....or not, turns out its only been delayed a week and the post about it was translated wrong, sorry if anyone read this before the edit.
    NOOOOOOOOOOO!!! DAMMIT i wanna see if that little white fluffy bastard is gonna die permanently !!!

INCUUUUUBAAATOOOOOR!!! http://img705.imageshack.us/img705/3364/photo3a.png http://i.imgur.com/CnO2Y.gif

10+ Year Old Account
    Currently reside in Japan, lived most of my life in Georgia, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by shallaserrar View Post
    Just finished Kanon, that was by far the best anime i have ever watched! thank you so much for the recomendations going to start on clannad soon.

I have to admit kannon got pretty sad during some parts, i'm so glad it was a happy ended for a while i feared it was going to end tragically :/

Thanks again Sy
    Thanks, not like some of us are working through the series now and didn't know how it ended.............

Spoiler alerts are hard :/

---------- Post added 2011-03-17 at 12:24 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sy View Post
    so terribly "innocent" to a point where it just got ridiculous. they say they love each other, but they are embarrased to hold hands?! wtf?
    (mark to read^^)
    You obviously don't have a lot of experience with Japanese people. My ex-girlfriend, who was Japanese, was exactly the same way. It was a chore to get her to show any kind of affection, because it was embarrassing for her. Not saying all Japanese people are like that, but it is definitely not out of the norm to act this way.
    Last edited by Nakiami; 2011-03-17 at 12:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sy View Post
    i feel the same way.

btw, there is actually an ending with her, in the form of an extra episode on the second season.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tanksin the enhance shamy View Post
    thats a spoiler? he was talking about peoples opinions of the characters not what happends in the anime.

the spoiler tag was for my post, not for the quote i replied to.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakiami View Post
    Thanks, not like some of us are working through the series now and didn't know how it ended.............

Spoiler alerts are hard :/
    the ending may still surprise you though, even with that information.
    but yeah, like i said, even small or vague spoilers should always be marked!
    You obviously don't have a lot of experience with Japanese people. My ex-girlfriend, who was Japanese, was exactly the same way. It was a chore to get her to show any kind of affection, because it was embarrassing for her. Not saying all Japanese people are like that, but it is definitely not out of the norm to act this way.
    sorry, but saying that's just because they are japanese is not really reasonable.

i never said there aren't any persons like that, japanese or not. but through the whole rest of the anime, Tomoya was quite obviously NOT the shy, introverted and easily embarrased kind of guy, who's always afraid of what others might think of him.

so like i said, it may fit Nagisa, but it certainly doesn't fit Tomoya and i would have liked him to take away at least some of her fear and shyness - rather than making it even "worse" and forcing her to make the first small steps, which really wasn't easy for her anyway, even if she truly wanted to feel his (and show her) love.

spoiler end^^
    Last edited by Sy; 2011-03-17 at 02:28 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Currently reside in Japan, lived most of my life in Georgia, USA
    wouldn't really call this a spoiler but it might be so i'm going to hide the text anyway: Tomoya actually is that kind of guy. Just because he is extroverted and not typically concerned with what most people think about him does not mean that doing "romantic" stuff would not embarrass him. It never once struck me as out of character for him to act shy around Nagisa. It's the typical tough guy on the outside, shy guy on the inside archetype. I think I'd have to call someone a liar if they said they didn't know someone like this in real life. I'm not sure how you interpreted Tomoya as someone who should never be embarrassed ever. Everyone gets embarrassed, no matter how they act or behave, and it's different things that trigger it.

Also, remember your opinions are based only on half of the story, so you don't know the characters as well as someone who has seen the entire thing. If something has changed and you have seen after story then I'm really confused about your take on Tomoya.
    Last edited by Nakiami; 2011-03-17 at 07:11 AM.

I just don't like the shy, timid girls in anime. :x

Quote Originally Posted by Niyari View Post
    Also, it's not that I don't like Kyou. I just prefer Tomoyo more.

Kotomi is adorable too. I wouldn't have minded seeing an extra with her.
    Last edited by Mezzolith; 2011-03-17 at 06:59 AM.

ahh true..my bad rofl..its hard seeing invisible text when ur dead tired

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakiami View Post
    wouldn't really call this a spoiler but it might be so i'm going to hide the text anyway:
    i think you still don't really get what i'm trying to say...

1) Tomoya's character is definitely not described well with just "extroverted" and "typical though guy on the outside". of course there are countless guys who act all though while they actually are easily scared or embarrased by certain things.
    but Tomoya was not embarrased to hang out with many cute girls all the time and even to move to the place of one of them. he was not embarrased to show his feelings, his sadness, his empathy in many different situations with them. unlike Nagisa, he rarely acted shy around the one he loved - before they decided to date officially. he just never seemed like someone who's easily embarrased by some specific emotional stuff to me (and to many others).

2) i never said it's unrealistic that he was a little embarrased or shy at first, or at least more than when it comes to other things. of course, the first love will nearly always change people's behaviour a little.
    but i honestly can't think of him as a character who wasn't embarrased at all to live in the girls house, but who's then so incredibly embarrased of all romanctic stuff, that he doesn't even want someone to see them holding hands, quite a while after they started dating.

3) Tomoya was always portrayed as a very selfless and caring person, at least when it comes to said girls. and he knows how hard it is for Nagisa to overcome her fear and her shyness. he knows showing even small signs of affection towards him demands a great deal of her. he also knows that she really loves him and that beeing with him, beeing able to show her love and - even more importantly - feeling his love means a lot to her and makes her happy like nothing else.
    and yet he's not acting himself, he doesn't really try to get closer, to show her how much she means to him. in the end, it is Nagisa (with quite some help) who has to overcome her fear and who is forced to do some even more embarrasing things, just to get a little closer to him.

i'm not saying it's completely unrealistic that something like this might happen with someone, to someone, somewhere, ever. of course it's not.
    but it still doesn't fit the character as he was portrayed in the rest of the first season imo, and i know i'm not the only one who thinks like that.

besides, even if it was completely reasonable.. i still wouldn't like it as much as a more mature portraying of the characters, like in Tomoyo Chapter or Toradora! :]

about the 2nd season explaining it better..
    well, that may be right and i hope it really shows a bit more reasoning for Tomoya's behaviour in the last episodes of the 1st season.
    but it's not really a sign of very good story telling and character design, if a character's sudden change in behaviour is not explained until a season later.

well, that's how i see it and i know a few people who agree with me on this one. doesn't mean it's the absolute truth and everyone with another opinion is "wrong", obviously :P

Kotomi is adorable too. I wouldn't have minded seeing an extra with her.
    agreed

Quote Originally Posted by tanksin the enhance shamy View Post
    ahh true..my bad rofl..its hard seeing invisible text when ur dead tired
    yeah^^
    i'll just use the same color as Nakiami now. i guess it's good enough and this way people at least see that there is something written^^

I have recently become aware of the fact that Maria Holic is getting a second season this spring season. I am so excited that I'm planning on moving to an all girls school to find myself a lesbian lover who is actually a man.
    "Care about 'er? I love her! I'd kill everyone in the world and myself if she wanted it!"

Quote Originally Posted by Negridoom View Post
    I have recently become aware of the fact that Maria Holic is getting a second season this spring season. I am so excited that I'm planning on moving to an all girls school to find myself a lesbian lover who is actually a man.
    Ooh, another season? Sounds awesome
    <3traps

10+ Year Old Account
    Ooh, another season? Sounds awesome
    <3traps
    Yeah it does just hope it gets made and aired since it might fall under that whole tokyo ban thing. Though this one was announced at some point last year so it should.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Yeah it does just hope it gets made and aired since it might fall under that whole tokyo ban thing. Though this one was announced at some point last year so it should.
    I sincerely hope Ishihara get's lynched after the whole "Japan deserved the quake because of greed" thing.

And honestly, they should repeal it after all that has happened. The last thing they need right now is an asinine bill crippling an aspect of their economy.

10+ Year Old Account
    I sincerely hope Ishihara get's lynched after the whole "Japan deserved the quake because of greed" thing.

And honestly, they should repeal it after all that has happened. The last thing they need right now is an asinine bill crippling an aspect of their economy.
    I agree but sadly crazy laws like that re popping up in most nations. Ours included look up the protect act or a guy named chris handley for fictionl material you can be charged as a criminal. I mean i'm sorry i don;t care how depraved ficional media is that doesn;t mean you should have the right to outlaw it as most first world nations are.

edit adding other countries/insatnces

In sweden i belive it was there was evena guy who was charged for having Love Hina on his comp because of shinoby being naked along with some other series. Funny part is he SHOULD have been protected since it was part of his job by their own laws but he wasn;t

In england a bill passed in 2009 that is pretty much the same as the one in the US. And so on so yeah japan isn't unusual in stupid laws alot of nations have em now.
    Last edited by Sorrior; 2011-03-18 at 07:24 AM.

Best anime movie
    1. Paprika
    2: Howl’s Moving Castle
    3: Ghost in The Shell
    4: Grave of The Fireflies
    5: Akira
    6. Spirited Away

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by brimdana View Post
    Best anime movie
    1. Paprika
    2: Howl’s Moving Castle
    3: Ghost in The Shell
    4: Grave of The Fireflies
    5: Akira
    6. Spirited Away
    What no Summer Wars? But seriously that's definitely like all lists one based on opinion. I for one cannot stand akira i find it to be one of the most overrated things i have ever seen. Though i ca agree with most others but no nausicaa and IMO Castle in the Sky is far better than Howl's Moving Castle. Bu again those are my opinions.