10+ Year Old Account
    This forum makes picking new animes to watch so much easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Boloney View Post
    This forum makes picking new animes to watch so much easier.
    Couldn´t agree more. I´m starting the animes as we speak and i´m sure i invested my time into something promising.
    The unattainable best is the enemy of all the available betters.

Bit of a random question, but does anyone else think the second Beelzebub ending is like really creepy?

Quote Originally Posted by Niyari View Post
    Bit of a random question, but does anyone else think the second Beelzebub ending is like really creepy?
    I wouldn't say creepy but it's definitely odd considering that the ED is happy and up beat and the characters in the anime just aren't that way so its weird seeing the new ED

10+ Year Old Account
    Just saw Kara no Kyoukai 1 at the urging of a friend. I probably should hold my judgement until I finish all 9 movies, but that was pretty epic, mystifying, and beautiful for such a short film. I'm not sure how popular they are, but I know the series is highly praised. Although I still have no clue what the movie was about or who exactly the characters were (is that a bad thing in this context?).
    "If at first you don't succeed, you really need to quit this game."
    -Judic

Quote Originally Posted by Iyona View Post
    I do recognize most of those names. I don't think I'd enjoy a pure romance anime. I really liked B Gata H Kei for the perverted humour and how it wasn't too serious. I'll look into them all.
    A couple of good not-too-serious and funny romance shows would be Arakawa under the Bridge and Bakemonogatari.
    Also, if you want perverted humour, you could check out Sora no Otoshimono.

Quote Originally Posted by Parablius View Post
    Just saw Kara no Kyoukai 1 at the urging of a friend. I probably should hold my judgement until I finish all 9 movies, but that was pretty epic, mystifying, and beautiful for such a short film. I'm not sure how popular they are, but I know the series is highly praised. Although I still have no clue what the movie was about or who exactly the characters were (is that a bad thing in this context?).
    Not at all. If you watch it in the correct order (1-8 etc) the storyline is non-linear.

Quote Originally Posted by Karosene View Post
    A couple of good not-too-serious and funny romance shows would be Arakawa under the Bridge and Bakemonogatari.
    lol sora no otoshimono...i watched the first episode of that and laughed so hard but i havent watched more then that to love ru is also evry funny if your into that kind of comedy

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Karosene View Post
    I really do not recommend Bakemonogatari to anyone anymore. I really liked it myself, but most other people think it's slow, to much conversation and too little other stuff. Wich is actually kinda true. It contains a lot of talking, staring at the same scenery for half an episode isn't very uncommon. It's not something wich everyone is cut out for (opposed by anime like Pokemon, wich seem to have a huge appeal to people. At least, when you are young and ignorant of the other anime :P)

Pff...I stopped playing WoW for a month or so, and have been watching anime ever since. I completed about 20~30 anime in just this last month, all of them consisting of 13 till 26 episodes. I feel like a no-lifer. >.>

A short list of anime I thought noteworthy:

RahXephon
    A Mecha á la Xam'D, very entertaining, some devoloping romance. The biggest flaw is the ending of the anime, the last 2 episodes were stupid and crushed what could have been a good anime, making it instead average.

Arakawa Under the Bridge
    Very funny, very random, very idiotic. Just my kind of anime, the characters are very weird, but I tend to like them. Except for the Kappa, he's just...green.

Eve no Jikan
    An anime revolving around a boy and his android, they do some daily stuff and that it, actually. But very refreshing and with an artstyle wich I haven't seen before. It's a short OVA, consisting of 6 episodes, all 15 minutes long, except for the last one wich is about 30 minutes.

Gokusen
    A Yakuza enters a highschool to teach a class of deliquents. They do some daily life stuff and beat up some other kids, and that's pretty much everything wich happens, but it made me laugh quite a lot.

And it made me wonder...If you look at slice-of-life, it splits in 2 groups (3 actually).
    - Girls. The most common one (think about Lucky Star, Azumanga Daioh).
    - Boy. Not really common, but defenantly uncommon.
    - Mixed. I've actually seen just 2 of these anime, and non of them are situated at a highschool. (Genshiken and Honey & Clover)

Both the Girls and Boys slice-of-life are situated in a highschool, but here it splits.
    - Girls are getting actual lessons, do homework and all the school things.
    - Boys are always deliquents on a boys-only school (Cromartie, Gokuhen), with a bad reputation and a lot of fights and stuff.

Why is this? Girls don't fight? Boys do not have to learn?:P

Right, back to my anime ^^

Kamen no Maid Guy
    I've been laughing while watching this one. A lot. It's just very, very weird. But very funny ^^ And even though the fanservice is present, it isn't really a bother.

Nodame Cantabile (+ the follow ups)
    Music-anime focusing on Nodame, who is a pianist. Another very funny anime, with a rather refresing style for the music-animations, since the animation is actually showing the proper movements involving with making music, wich irritated me a lot in other anime. People use to slam their hands on the piano and some beautiful melody would come out, regardless of the tempo, the height and the music. This one is different, and I really liked that.

For those who like music and anime (and don't mind getting flooded with facts and classical music), this one really is a must ^^

So far my post.

TL;DR: There is no tl;dr, although you could sum it up by saying that I watched a lot of anime. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by tanksin the enhance shamy View Post
    lol sora no otoshimono...i watched the first episode of that and laughed so hard but i havent watched more then that to love ru is also evry funny if your into that kind of comedy
    lol I love Motto to Love-Ru. It's the only anime with excessive fanservice that I can watch without feeling awkward.

Quote Originally Posted by Volviga View Post
    I really do not recommend Bakemonogatari to anyone anymore. I really liked it myself, but most other people think it's slow, to much conversation and too little other stuff. Wich is actually kinda true. It contains a lot of talking, staring at the same scenery for half an episode isn't very uncommon.
    Yeah, it's definitely not for everyone. I really did enjoy the character interactions. It was hard to not like any of the characters they came up. I'm definitely looking forward to Kizumonogatari.

Deleted
    Thanks for the suggestions, everyone!

Gun X sword. if it hasn't been said already, is a great short anime series. Action based, of course. with some romance added in.

i didnt really like the ending too it but up until then i enjoyed it pink chick was my fav character in it

im very excited about deadman wonderland. the manga is just amazing. i just hope the anime does justice to the manga.
    heres the anime preview on youtube /watch?v=XjZa6injUKc
    (i tried everything to hyperlink it but for some reason it just wont let me hyperlink stuff....)

but then, i was very excited about the beelzebub anime too but so far its just crap compared to the manga.... T.T
    Last edited by Railander; 2011-04-11 at 09:07 AM.

So did anyone else watch Enma-kun? The old lady in the bath house had me laughing a good bit. Seems like it'll be another funny series to watch. I'm also looking forward to watching Astarotte's Toy develop. I'm a sucker for lolis after watching anime for so long.

God Finger Montage!

OK i'll change my opinion of Full Metal Alchemist:Brotherhood, managed to slog through the initial recap/retelling of the original and am about 2/3 through and it's been pretty good so far.

Sunabozu. epic ED track

All go watch Ping Pong club.
    Kenny gona die tonight!!!

Man I just watched School Days and I've never been so pissed off at a protagonist that I wish I could kill him myself... and then I saw the ending, now I can die happy.