best oldskool anime just got to be "Guyver",..!!!!

if anime interested in my animelist about 200 anime i've watched/watching
    http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Aap...atus=7&order=0
    not updated with the anime of this season, but i can tell you im following 13

just finished watching corpse princess or whateva its called shakibane hime

ending was soooooo lame, thye shoulda added 1m episode put the last one near the front and maybe it woulda been good

10+ Year Old Account
    its fitting for cromartie to have this since there creator was a big queens fan supposedly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJp6q8mFua8

yes we are all born from the flames of passion that stirred in the loins of our four fathers![Friend Code: 3325-2545-2595]

Quote Originally Posted by tanksin the enhance shamy View Post
    just finished watching corpse princess or whateva its called shakibane hime

ending was soooooo lame, thye shoulda added 1m episode put the last one near the front and maybe it woulda been good
    The ending pissed me off too. It's been a while since I watched it, but I'm pretty sure it was about as open as the ending for the first Inuyasha series.

Quote Originally Posted by Neichus View Post
    then slap you upside the head with a sarcastic comment and tell you what an idiot male you are.
    hahaha yeah

on a side note random anime scene

***SPOILERS FOR GUNSLINGER GIRL***

Well, Gunslinger Girl polished off. That was an unusual series; I can't say I "enjoyed" it as much as I respected it.

A+ for their research. Their Italy was well constructed and believable, the places they visited real. Their weapons and firing technique were also all very well informed, which is rare for most gun-using series. Although don't expect a lot of action; despite being a show about assassins there was much more emphasis on characters and places than on killing.

What I was more impressed by was the poignancy of the series. There's not a lot of overt tragedy. Unlike many series (like Madoka Magika) where the sadness was driven by the actual fates of the characters there was just a pervasive sense of melancholy about Gunslinger Girl. It was more like the girls acted like a mirror of the world: that it shouldn't be that way, that life shouldn't be brought to this, yet this is how things have turned out. The tragedy didn't belong to one person, but was infused into the very atmosphere of the show.

The end episode in particular was especially touching to me. It was a powerful juxtaposition where on one hand you have the series behind you, with all its sadness and death, but in front of you they present a merging of natural and human beauty as they sing Beethoven's 9th while watching the meteor shower. And more importantly these girls, the supposed killing machines, can still appreciate it while the men of the Corporation no longer can...

Anyway, if you're looking for a shoot-em-up then I wouldn't recommend this series despite its attention to detail. But there were great themes lurking behind the scenes that I felt made it well worth watching; Mad World is probably the song that I find best expresses the essence of the series. We'll see if the second season is on the same par; I've heard it leans more toward the action, which may be a good or bad thing depending.

Edit: this thread has now surpassed 100,000 views.
    Last edited by Neichus; 2011-06-13 at 07:25 AM.

just watched the black rock shooter movie ova thing...i dont think ivv ever been so confused website i veiwed it had only one movie length virsion of it..are there more..a manga maybe?

i liked the character design and the battles were fairly well done any1 got any input?

Quote Originally Posted by Shishca View Post
    daaaamn the peep in the anime site i go is not liking the new Gundam anime Gundam Age
    I can see why...just saw a load of screens for it and it looks like a dumbed down kids version of gundam :S

---------- Post added 2011-06-14 at 12:13 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by tanksin the enhance shamy View Post
    just watched the black rock shooter movie ova thing...i dont think ivv ever been so confused website i veiwed it had only one movie length virsion of it..are there more..a manga maybe?

i liked the character design and the battles were fairly well done any1 got any input?
    It's not got a manga...atleast i dont think it dose,,,the charecters were suposed to be virtual idols like miku

Gundam Age PV

part of me thinks that the Gundam is gonna be kinda like a Super Robot instead of a Real Robot

also would just watch the anime itself before saying if its either good or bad
    Last edited by Shishca; 2011-06-13 at 11:20 PM.

I'm craving a good romance in an anime series....

This sounds corny. :<

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    I'm craving a good romance in an anime series....

This sounds corny. :<

Nag tell me what type and I'll see if I can't help. I too have such cravings every so often myself anyways.

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy Gundam Age looks bad...

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Nag tell me what type and I'll see if I can't help. I too have such cravings every so often myself anyways.
    Hmm, harems get on my nerves, other than that, fair game.

This probably gets rid of a ton of romance animes, I did enjoy Clannad, so I guess a harem in that same kind of boat.

10+ Year Old Account

This probably gets rid of a ton of romance animes, I did enjoy Clannad, so I guess a harem in that same kind of boat.
    Lol yeah I'm normally a harem man myself but every so often... But anyways try Please Teacher or D.N.Angel. While neither are 100% romance it does play a big part. Oh and Ah my goddess should also fit the bill. It's considered by some to be a harem and it gains some traits of such but trust me the harem concept barely even applies if ar all. Anyways hope I helped and yeah non harem romances are fucking rare. Ooooh right Karen Kano should work as well.

10+ Year Old Account

Toradora! love that series.

Lol yeah I'm normally a harem man myself but every so often... But anyways try Please Teacher or D.N.Angel. While neither are 100% romance it does play a big part. Oh and Ah my goddess should also fit the bill. It's considered by some to be a harem and it gains some traits of such but trust me the harem concept barely even applies if ar all. Anyways hope I helped and yeah non harem romances are fucking rare. Ooooh right Karen Kano should work as well.
    Thanks, I'll look into those, heard about them before but haven't yet looked into them, but I think I will!

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    Toradora! love that series.
    Seen it, and I agree, Toradora is great.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah crap meant Kare Kano fucking I phone. Also try Karin/Chibi Vampire though the manga is FAR better.

im guessing people dont like the retro style on the character design in gundam age

Kore wa Zombie Desu ka is a "harem" but it's also freaking hilarious. Zombies, Vampire Ninjas, and a guy that turns into a Puella Magi. It's awesome.

Ah crap meant Kare Kano fucking I phone. Also try Karin/Chibi Vampire though the manga is FAR better.
    I finished the manga myself. It was pretty good. Another good romance would be Ai Yori Aoshi.

Last edited by lizon; 2011-06-14 at 05:43 AM.

umm elemental gelade wasnta bad romance anime i guess..the chick was kinda too passive but apart from that nothing i can complain about