Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Getting a lot of mixed posts, but from what I've played on beta he best healers go from Paladin, Shaman, Druid, Priest. shamans have can survive pretty well if you know what you're doing the 195 resistance's from healing spring plus the 900-1000 healing ticks every 3 seconds is pretty good, they also have really good mana regeneration and i don't see myself going below 85% all that much. Paladins also have really good mana regeneration and are harder to kill but its a little annoying to me (and this might sound dumb) to keep beacon up on the target especially when the frames are so small in beta, I'm sure there is a mod to make them bigger but, its pretty annoying to see if its dispelled other wise. Also with the vast amount of mages that are going to be playing its a little harder to get out of sheeps as a paladin i have to put sac on my team mate to get out of it while as a shaman i can grounding and shock and have earth shield on 1 of my team mates so they aren't taking full damange. Last thing i hate about the paladin is that holy light is almost completely useless while as a shaman you use healing wave all the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lascer
    I don't always drink tears, but when i do, i prefer undead's.

Stay feared my friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Creptius View Post
    Getting a lot of mixed posts, but from what I've played on beta he best healers go from Paladin, Shaman, Druid, Priest. shamans have can survive pretty well if you know what you're doing the 195 resistance's from healing spring plus the 900-1000 healing ticks every 3 seconds is pretty good, they also have really good mana regeneration and i don't see myself going below 85% all that much. Paladins also have really good mana regeneration and are harder to kill but its a little annoying to me (and this might sound dumb) to keep beacon up on the target especially when the frames are so small in beta, I'm sure there is a mod to make them bigger but, its pretty annoying to see if its dispelled other wise. Also with the vast amount of mages that are going to be playing its a little harder to get out of sheeps as a paladin i have to put sac on my team mate to get out of it while as a shaman i can grounding and shock and have earth shield on 1 of my team mates so they aren't taking full damange. Last thing i hate about the paladin is that holy light is almost completely useless while as a shaman you use healing wave all the time.
    Beacon is up for 5 minutes now. If you're worried about dispels because of the size of the icon, wouldn't ES be a concern as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Ghrog74 View Post
    Actually if you look at wowcensus, right now the least played class at level 80 is Rogue... IIRC Shaman was like #6 or some such... but yeah, pally is still the most played.
    i can't believe rogue is the least played, i play a rogue right now, and my server is flooded with rogues all the time. also im looking to play a healing class (shaman or paladin) in addition to my rogue come cata.

Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by Lekscene View Post
    Beacon is up for 5 minutes now. If you're worried about dispels because of the size of the icon, wouldn't ES be a concern as well?
    this is true but i can see the shield on my team mate on their character while with beacon i can not, I can see the light coming from them if i heal myself and they get part of my heal from the beacon effect. Idk i really like shamans i just wish they went back to dispeling poison and disease, but that's not going to happen, so i will probably stick with paladin and learn the how to play it a bit better. Shaman just seems to come nature to me i seem to be doing everything right from what i can see and i usually in less trouble then on my paladin.

Also from a time perspective it would take me less time to level my paladin
    Paladin 77
    Shaman 62
    Last edited by Creptius; 2010-11-14 at 08:57 PM.

Stay feared my friends.

My shaman on live is resto PvP and i can kite 2 rogues on me for about 20 min.

If i were you i whould try both and see what you enjoy the most.

You're not going to want to always be a healer. Decide what else you'd like to do. Want to off spec to tank or have a bunch of people beat on you to no avail? Don't go with Shaman. Want to blow people up from afar? Have fun trying to be a shockadin.

Quote Originally Posted by Klur View Post
    You're not going to want to always be a healer. Decide what else you'd like to do. Want to off spec to tank or have a bunch of people beat on you to no avail? Don't go with Shaman. Want to blow people up from afar? Have fun trying to be a shockadin.
    I don't really like either one of the paladin off specs to be honest Ret was fun but it doesn't seem that great in beta at the moment, and i like elemental shamans as an offspec right now its fun to have nice burst damage and beable to kite them around while wearing mail armor and a shield. If they were to make ret a little better or maybe if i learned to play it better (not sure which one it is) then i would probably lean more towards paladin.

Stay feared my friends.

One thing to look at for PVP is moving around - Paladins have more instant cast heals now, hand of freedom, bubble and cleanse to remove movement impairing effects on itself and others in pvp. That IMO is more important than "better mana conservation" as someone quoted shamans being able to do in another post.
    To Err is Human,
    To Arr is Pirate.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsibubblez View Post
    One thing to look at for PVP is moving around - Paladins have more instant cast heals now, hand of freedom, bubble and cleanse to remove movement impairing effects on itself and others in pvp. That IMO is more important than "better mana conservation" as someone quoted shamans being able to do in another post.
    this is true but shamans have a lot of mobility as well, they can cast while they are moving if they are in trouble or need to go around a pillar with someone, they have good offensive potential, (not that paladins don't) and like i said before good mana conservation. really i think they are both going to be excellent healers paladins might fit better with the majority of comps but shamans will do pretty well aswell (i feel bad for priests). When it comes down to it its if i want to play a more defensive healer or a more offensive healer, I think im going to get some more practice in on both of them on beta and try to decide then.

Stay feared my friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Creptius View Post
    i can't believe rogue is the least played, i play a rogue right now, and my server is flooded with rogues all the time. also im looking to play a healing class (shaman or paladin) in addition to my rogue come cata.
    Believe what you want, but the proof of the pudding is in the tasting...
    http://www.warcraftrealms.com/census...ervertypeid=-1

There ya go a mere 7% of all Lv 80's are Rogues putting them dead last.

In order

1) DK: 13%
    2) Pally: 13%
    3) Mage: 11%
    4) Druid: 10%
    5) Hunter: 10%
    6) Priest: 10%
    7) Warrior: 10%
    8) Shaman: 9%
    9) Warlock: 8%
    10) Rogue: 7%
    This signiture is brought to you by the letters F and U, and the number 2.

"I know your $14.99 entitles you to play the game your way, but the rest of the raid's $359.76 says know your role."

Quote Originally Posted by Ghrog74 View Post
    Believe what you want, but the proof of the pudding is in the tasting...
    http://www.warcraftrealms.com/census...ervertypeid=-1

There ya go a mere 7% of all Lv 80's are Rogues putting them dead last.

In order

1) DK: 13%
    2) Pally: 13%
    3) Mage: 11%
    4) Druid: 10%
    5) Hunter: 10%
    6) Priest: 10%
    7) Warrior: 10%
    8) Shaman: 9%
    9) Warlock: 8%
    10) Rogue: 7%
    I'll be damned i play the 2 least played classes

Stay feared my friends.

10+ Year Old Account
    i can understand dk and pally being top but mages? damn i thought the hybrids would smash the pures as lock and rogue suggest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Both of them are great. I'd pick the one you feel most comfortable with. Paladins have good damage, lots of instant casts, but rely mostly on those instants and casted heals, whereas Shamans have a couple decent HoTs, more kiting abilities, plus their mastery can be pretty ridiculous if you manage to get them low on health.

Since you plan on focusing on 3v3 and 5v5 mainly, you should pick the healer that suits your play style more.
    Shamans tend to be stronger in much more aggressive comps (RPS,RLS,Rsham/MM/Ret) due to their offensive purges/heroism+bloodlust/totems. Paladins are just a bit more defensive as healers, just staying back and keeping dispells and freedoms going.
    However, paladins are a bit stronger on the beta now, but knowing Blizzard that could change in a blink of an eye. =)