10+ Year Old Account

Red face After Watching Full Metal Alchemist...

I don't know where to go.

Of course I will watch brotherhood, seeing as I've heard its praises sung from the rooftops day and night (And the movie despite hearing the opposite). I absolutely loved the old one, though, and with the exception of the end, it is probably the best thing I've just about ever seen. The compilation of characters, the soundtrack, the artstyle, general plot, and humor were great. Only complaint I have is that certain characters and the relationships between them were never really went into in enough detail.

The real problem is, when I'm done with Brotherhood, what next? I know there are several threads up on good anime right now, but I just want to specifically ask:

If i were to look for something of similar to FMA in another anime series (mainly in the fantasy, drama, action, and thematic components) what should I watch? What would you guys recommend?
    "If at first you don't succeed, you really need to quit this game."
    -Judic

Quote Originally Posted by Parablius View Post
    I don't know where to go.

Of course I will watch brotherhood, seeing as I've heard its praises sung from the rooftops day and night (And the movie despite hearing the opposite). I absolutely loved the old one, though, and with the exception of the end, it is probably the best thing I've just about ever seen. The compilation of characters, the soundtrack, the artstyle, general plot, and humor were great. Only complaint I have is that certain characters and the relationships between them were never really went into in enough detail.

The real problem is, when I'm done with Brotherhood, what next? I know there are several threads up on good anime right now, but I just want to specifically ask:

If i were to look for something of similar to FMA in another anime series (mainly in the fantasy, drama, action, and thematic components) what should I watch? What would you guys recommend?
    I didn't enjoy FMA all that much. I watched probably the first 15 episodes and gave up. Perhaps it conflicted with my anime tastes. My favorites are Death Note and Bleach if you want to check those out .

Death Note and Bleach are FANTASTIC.

If you haven't watched Bleach at all, I would watch all of the Manga based Arc's and skip over the Anime Only Filler Arc's they are for the most part boring.

See:
    "Anime, where to start"

It contains several pages of people recommending anime.
    News | Forum Guidelines | MMO Champion IRC | Free Games List
    Playing: Guild Wars 2 | APB: Reloaded
    -I don't care what the next expansion is about, as long as the story is dark and rich so I can refer to it as Chocolate WoW.

Did you watch The Conqueror of Shambala? That was the movie to wrap up the original anime.

Also watch Fate/Stay Night. it was full metal-esk in terms of action to story content and the type of action.

I linked this in another thread but look at my animenewsnetwork profile page and you can see what anime i have seen and what i thought of them, and while your there brows the site and make you own profile.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/MyAn...Dezrow&categ=3
    Last edited by Dezrow; 2010-11-20 at 06:23 PM.
    Personal Rig: AMD FX-8350 / Gigabyte Windforce G1-GAMING GTX 980 / 8-GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 1600Mhz / EVGA SuperNOVA 750w PSU / Corsair Carbide Air 540 / NZXT Kraken x60

15+ Year Old Account
    Brotherhood is awesome. There's a few extra characters and all in all it's more about everyone than just ed and al.

As for other Anime.. I can't say I support the incredibly long series like Bleach, Naruto and the like.. So many filler episodes.. with very generic stuff going on..

Now if you want a show that's amazing.. Gurren Lagann! It pretty much restored my faith in Anime.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elementium View Post
    Now if you want a show that's amazing.. Gurren Lagann! It pretty much restored my faith in Anime.
    Just finished the series, it was unbelievable. Definitely what I was looking for! Thanks!
    "If at first you don't succeed, you really need to quit this game."
    -Judic

Deleted
    Watch Bottle Fairy.
    Thats not a joke, fuckin' awesome

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    FMA has to be one of the best story lines ever. i have yet to watch brotherhood tho.

if you liked the humor of FMA, another funny anime i liked with a decent amount of action and character development is Kenichi: The Worlds Mightiest Deciple

the story is about the guy Kenichi whos into karate but always gets his ass kicked. one day he meets this really hot chick and they get jumped by a gang on their way home. she kicks their asses hardcore and then says "i live at a dojo with my grandpa." they go back to the Dojo and it turns out that there are 7 Masters of martail arts living at this place. They decide to take on Kenichi as their deciple in an attempt to turn someone with absolutely no talent into a martial arts god.

its mostly humorous but has some serious parts.
    Last edited by DiscoGhost; 2010-11-25 at 11:36 PM.
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

15+ Year Old Account
    Also if your not afraid to get into some PG Anime I'd suggest Bamboo Blade. It's about a highschool Kendo team >.> but it's actually very well written and the characters are all pretty interesting.