Cataclysm hitboxes hunter friendly!

Ran and recorded a pug Baradin Hold on beta yesterday, and the raid split and stacked on tanks for the boss, yet I was able to shoot the boss without fear of my polearm swinging. Here's hoping Marrowgar hitboxes never surface again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Ef5lJU0KwE

Deleted
    Gimme that UI for my Enhancement shaman! :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Bliz will still find some way to mess with us via hitboxes, I can feel it in my bones. On another note, that is an amazingly clean UI, bravo.

Yep, it seems they have made the hitboxes very hunter-friendly, I could stand on top of Theralion's/Valiona's hitbox edge and I still didn't melee swing. Might have something to do with me being a Goblin on beta

PS: That's LUI v3 btw, you can download it here: http://www.wowinterface.com/download...0-LUIv2.0.html
    Last edited by Jiry; 2010-11-14 at 04:18 PM.

Very nice video, who sings that song?

Nice video, who sings the song?

That will be great. The Halion hitbox is frustrating the heck out of me right now. I need to run in circles, while trying to dps, while staying outside the hitbox but inside the zones of death that are dropped at the wall? Bah!

So couple questions for the OP:
    1) Doesn't look like you're keeping Explosive Shot on CD. I don't have a lot of SV experience in WotLK, but it seemed like that was a huge priority. How's that working now in Cata beta raids?

2) Love your UI. I recognize most of the components (or at least functional equivalents), but not the theme. What are you using to put that frame around the the screen, modify the game menu, and your threat/recount/raid/chat frames? I'd like to have my UI be a little easier on the eyes like that. It's very functional, but a unifying theme like you've got would rock.

As others have said, your UI is glorious. What addons are you using? I could definitely see myself using a setup like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurgosh View Post
    That will be great. The Halion hitbox is frustrating the heck out of me right now. I need to run in circles, while trying to dps, while staying outside the hitbox but inside the zones of death that are dropped at the wall? Bah!

So couple questions for the OP:
    1) Doesn't look like you're keeping Explosive Shot on CD. I don't have a lot of SV experience in WotLK, but it seemed like that was a huge priority. How's that working now in Cata beta raids?

2) Love your UI. I recognize most of the components (or at least functional equivalents), but not the theme. What are you using to put that frame around the the screen, modify the game menu, and your threat/recount/raid/chat frames? I'd like to have my UI be a little easier on the eyes like that. It's very functional, but a unifying theme like you've got would rock.
    1. Generally I am keeping ES on cd, at times I need to fire Black Arrow and then get focus for ES, and if LnL procs I use kill command after the first ES usually. It's been awhile since I've raided as Survival, so my rotation might not be perfect.

2. LUI is the compilation suite I use with some modifications.
    Last edited by rasmil; 2010-11-14 at 08:47 PM.

Deleted
    Hitbox is FPS term, this is just radius. You're not tracking line collision but just checking distance.
    this is fine example of real "hitbox"

Herald of the Titans OnlineSamantha's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Always nice to hear.
    I hated Marrowgar's hitbox.

Oh, and I tried downloading LUI, but I didn't work. Followed the guide to the letter, but it just wouldn't activate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpresident View Post
    My words exactly. Manufacturing in the US is considerably more expensive than elsewhere, and part of that are savage regulations such as environment protection or minimum wages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    Saying that Wilson is a racist murderer is the same level of conspiracy as saying Sandy Hook didn't happen and the parents are in on it.
    I don't post that often, and when I do it's often in bursts. I always lurk though.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lovely!

Also, I like the numbers you are able to pull out, keep up the good work

To answer the people who have been messaging me about my UI, here are the elements you see in the vid:

LUI v3.305b compilation suite
    Shadowed Unit Frames
    Galvin's Unit Bars (focus bar)
    Need to Know
    Power Auras
    Tidy Plates- Clean Plates (current beta version of LUI is not playing well with threat plates)
    Button Facade

I really hope you are right about them hitboxes. I went to see the new event bosses, and honestly, ZF boss hitbox is worse than Marrowgar's. I was like 20yards away and still i was still considered inside the deadzone.

Quote Originally Posted by rasmil View Post
    To answer the people who have been messaging me about my UI, here are the elements you see in the vid:

LUI v3.305b compilation suite
    Shadowed Unit Frames
    Galvin's Unit Bars (focus bar)
    Need to Know
    Power Auras
    Tidy Plates- Clean Plates (current beta version of LUI is not playing well with threat plates)
    Button Facade
    Your UI is sooo "glorious" in the vid that now I'm using LUI too.
    Sorry to be among those asking for yet more details, but what's giving you the boss's debuff bars like Srpt and HM?
    Just...can't...find..it....

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by mythas View Post
    Sorry to be among those asking for yet more details, but what's giving you the boss's debuff bars like Srpt and HM?
    Need to Know is what I use for debuff tracking, and it's also great for tracking ICD's of trinkets.

Quote Originally Posted by grassidas View Post
    I really hope you are right about them hitboxes. I went to see the new event bosses, and honestly, ZF boss hitbox is worse than Marrowgar's. I was like 20yards away and still i was still considered inside the deadzone.
    That's probably because they didn't make a new boss for that. They took Gazh'rilla and just scaled him up like four times. Meaning what was originally a 5 yard melee range is now 20 yards. Consider the fact that on an ordinary human-sized enemy, you can be so far away your weapon's models don't even touch the enemy (because that isn't how this game works)...now just quadruple the size without adjusting the melee range. Most bosses actually have proportionally smaller melee radii compared to player-sized models.

So, the new Baradin Hold bosses are pit lords? I wonder if it will be all of them, or just the first one. Anywho, the raid looks fun, and it is nice to know that hunters will be able to stack on the raid with everyone else (when it is called for) and still be able to shoot, instead of being the redheaded stepchild and kept away from everyone else like they had a contagious disease or something.