View Poll Results: Is it fair to use legedarys that are the latest in pvp (arena)?

Voters
801. This poll is closed
  • Yes. Its fair to use a pve uptained wep. for pvp.

591 73.78%
  • No. Its not fair that some ppl have this advantage over others who can't or may never get it.

210 26.22%
Page 1 of 25
... LastLast

Question Unfair to use Shadowmourne in Arena?

Hello MMO

I have just had a very long and indept discussion with a guldie about it was unfair or not, that a guy used the legendary Shadowmourne in Arena. We are talking rating 2k+.

Is it unfair that a guy playing pve can get a weapon that is so much better than anything a guy who only plays pvp can get?

Should it be so you can't use weapons that are better than the pvp weapons there are, in pvp? For example, you can't use a pve weapon that is better than the pvp weapon you can get.

I would really like to hear some of you arena ppl and pve ppl about how you see this.

And are there a lot of ppl who only pvp, but doesn't do the rest of the game. Ppl who only logg in to do pvp and nothing ells?

Deleted
    its called a legendary, the guy puts allot of effort into it, let him enjoy it, because it will be worthless very soon.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ofcos its unfair but since balance itself is unfair (cos there never is balance) and there are classes that are always OP at some time a legendary weapon is hardly one of the biggest "unfair" problems about arena.
    Hopefully Arena in Cata will bring a change tha PvE items are unusable in arena for those who still enojoy the sandbox PvP compared to rated bg's.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Quote Originally Posted by Duallegend View Post
    its called a legendary, the guy puts allot of effort into it, let him enjoy it, because it will be worthless very soon.
    since when does Sm take effort to get? its just a long boring grind hoping RNG is on your side
    "No. I am Ganner. This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass."
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...lvtwo/advanced

It sounds to me that you are a bit upset that someone who puts in alot of effort reaps a greater reward. I am sincere here, not trolling, but that is honestly what it sounds like.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanatic View Post
    Hello MMO

I have just had a very long and indept discussion with a guldie about it was unfair or not, that a guy used the legendary Shadowmourne in Arena. We are talking rating 2k+.

Is it unfair that a guy playing pve can get a weapon that is so much better than anything a guy who only plays pvp can get?

Should it be so you can't use weapons that are better than the pvp weapons there are, in pvp? For example, you can't use a pve weapon that is better than the pvp weapon you can get.

I would really like to hear some of you arena ppl and pve ppl about how you see this.

And are there a lot of ppl who only pvp, but doesn't do the rest of the game. Ppl who only logg in to do pvp and nothing ells?
    I hated that Weapon extremelly much but it is fair to use it, content is out there open for everybody.
    You can't qq about a person having better gear because he involves him self in the game better than you.
    If you do not like it go pve and get the gear also.
    This is like qq'ing why is someone else better than you at wow, even if you do not like it nothing stops you to become better than him.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenjji View Post
    since when does Sm take effort to get? its just a long boring grind hoping RNG is on your side
    Long boring grind = effort.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk_Fogg
    But don't worry guys... you're not going to Space Camp but at least you've got those remote control trucks and your confidence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Olmec
    The player that conquers the most countries in sixty seconds, wins!

15+ Year Old Account
    I'd agree with OP that it is unfair to use Legendaries in Arena, since most people in Arena can't get them since they only do Arena

15+ Year Old Account
    To be the best at a game, you have to be good at all it's aspects. That's the way I look at it.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...losophy/simple
    Philosophy, Worgen Mage of Magtheridon EU.Mokari, Nelf Hunter of Magtheridon EU (AKA Shikari @ Achindoun). [Currently inactive]

this is completely correct.

shadowmourne is a joke. shadowmourne does not take skill to get. shadowmourne is rewarded for time invested and nothing more

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Odrok View Post
    It sounds to me that you are a bit upset that someone who puts in alot of effort reaps a greater reward. I am sincere here, not trolling, but that is honestly what it sounds like.
    Think you missunderstand why hes upset. He's upset, correctly as I see it but for the following reason.
    Cos this means someone who do PvE can get a pawn weapon while PvPplayers cant unless they do PvE which some may not want to.
    Arena is obviously about PvP so noone should be forced to PvE to get the best weapon.
    Pretty logic imo. That being said its not really gamebreaking and people use a ton of PvE items already in Arena.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Do you have it? Half of this game is long and boring grinding. Those who put up with it get better gear. AKA he made the effort. Like it or not, he get's better gear than someone like you who doesn't.

I think it is fair. Everyone has the same choice to choose which class to play (if you play a rogue, you get your benefites but you cannot use shadowmourne etc). After choosing to play a class which can wield a legendary weapon, you have a choice of doing arena to get wrathful weapons, or pve getting 277/having a shot at legendary weapons (in this case shadowmourne). Everyone has the choice, it's up to themselves how far you want to go. Otherwise legendaries should just be banned in arena right?

Quote Originally Posted by Odrok View Post
    Actually, I'm the guy who couldn't see why a player shouldn't be allowed to use this legendary or any legendary in an arena fight.
    If a person have spend the time and effort into it, I surely don't mind him/her useing it for it purpose, doing a lot of dmg.

I don't think this is relevant anymore, because Arenas are over for now and in Cata SM will be worthless >.>

To be honest, I'd count that as effort.
    Climbing a mountain is a long boring grind, but it still takes effort to accomplish such a feat.

Edit. It seems at least 4 other people made this point before me ^^
    Last edited by Snide; 2010-11-14 at 05:29 PM. Reason: Justification
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    I love BGs like a fucking awesome person loves fucking fighter jets, holy shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cluck View Post
    I'm personally disappointed that for a game called World of Warcraft there is a distinct lack of sailing interactivity. There's two types of seaworthy vessels right there in the game's name, but the various ships all take predetermined paths or don't move at all!

10+ Year Old Account
    most people who can get the axe and are in the higher brackets. will kill you wether or not they have that axe.

I think the only way to make restrictions like that.. Fair. Would be to make PVP things not allowed to be used in PVE. and Vice versa... But this also goes back to how talents, abilities etc that are great for PVE get nerfed because of PVP. So why not have a completely separate set of abilities for PVP versus PVE. I can continue this but I think you can see the slippery slope that has begun.
    Fanboy (Fanboi): A Term used when someone disagrees with you on a subject, person, place, thing, company, or product line and they are not smart enough to debate your counterpoint back so they resort to childish name calling in hopes of shaming you into silence and thus them winning through dominance.

Quote Originally Posted by fearmemortals View Post
    this is completely correct.

shadowmourne is a joke. shadowmourne does not take skill to get. shadowmourne is rewarded for time invested and nothing more
    So why doesn't every warrior/dk/pally have it yet?

10+ Year Old Account
    The best combine PvE and PvP when it comes to Arena.

He has a rightful advantage, seeing as he and his guild put in the time and effort for him to attain such a weapon.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥