Pre-ordering Cataclysm?

So here's the thing, I'm from Australia and the time zone here is ahead of the U.S So for example

7th December 2010- 12am PST = 7th December 2010- 6pm AEST Roughly....

Whenever i've bought an expansion at midnight launch before (In Australia) I've always been able to play as soon as i get home Example 12:00am AEST which is AHEAD of PST meaning it's still the previous day and tecnically hasn't come out in the U.S yet.

So my question is, If i go to Midnight launch this time, will i have to wait 18hours till it officially launches? Because it seems weird if i go to a midnight launch, get home, start playing at midnight and the Supposable time for the servers to go live hasn't been reached yet?

Thanks to anyone who can understand haha

The servers are scheduled to go live 12:00am December 7th PDT (Pacific Daylight Time). From what I've seen prior Blizzard tries to be fair about launching new content so I would imagine that you would be able to play on the servers at whatever the corresponding time for you would be. The only constraint I would imagine you might have would be with how quickly retailers there release the game.

yes. u have to wait until 12 am pdt regardless of where ur living.

Ok thanks for your reply man, made a lot of sense, i think by the sounds of it i should go to the midnight launch

everyone is saying that Aus wont be able to log in at 12:01 because they wont have the cataclysm servers on in america, but, all other expansions aus have been able to log in at 12:01 AU time, /confused.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by depthnight View Post
    yes. u have to wait until 12 am pdt regardless of where ur living.
    Regardless of where you live IF you play on US realms. If you play on european realms you wait until 12 am CET!

Quote Originally Posted by Tgd View Post
    So here's the thing, I'm from Australia and the time zone here is ahead of the U.S So for example

7th December 2010- 12am PST = 7th December 2010- 6pm AEST Roughly....

Whenever i've bought an expansion at midnight launch before (In Australia) I've always been able to play as soon as i get home Example 12:00am AEST which is AHEAD of PST meaning it's still the previous day and tecnically hasn't come out in the U.S yet.

So my question is, If i go to Midnight launch this time, will i have to wait 18hours till it officially launches? Because it seems weird if i go to a midnight launch, get home, start playing at midnight and the Supposable time for the servers to go live hasn't been reached yet?

Thanks to anyone who can understand haha
    i've pre orded and i got a message from eb games saying its release is 6pm aest ( brisbane )