Poll: What pre-event of a expansion did you enjoy most?

Arrow How many stages is this elemental invasion and when can we expect to see world..

How many stages is this elemental invasion and when can we expect to see world changes?

I'm sooo bored in the game, so I don't play now. The event where you could join the ghouls and infect other people was way better then this event now.

There are 4 stages, we are currently on stage 3. The guys who write the Queue on Wow.com predict P4 should start Monday or Tuesday of this week. The changes in Azeroth will likely happen uh...my guess is the Tuesday before Cata release.

Quote Originally Posted by wanax View Post
    There are 4 stages, we are currently on stage 3. The guys who write the Queue on Wow.com predict P4 should start Monday or Tuesday of this week. The changes in Azeroth will likely happen uh...my guess is the Tuesday before Cata release.
    Oh my sweet Thrall, oh Thrall, oh my Thrall! *bangs head into a rubber wall with soft pink candy inside of it* W-WHY! WHY!

That is 3 weeks from now, so borring!

Is it commonly believed that Azeroth will change before Cata is released? It hadn't occurred to me that Blizz might do it that way. I heard that the changes might not be simultaneous with release, but I assumed they'd happen after Cata.

It would be very cool if the changes phased in over a period of time. Perhaps with questlines. But it's too late for that now, alas.

I liked the BC event better. I was still a low-level at that time, I was playing alliance, and I remember there was a guild who kited High Lord Kruul to Ironforge. God that was pure awesomeness.

Every time someone died, he got more powerful, and wiped everyone

Blizzard has stated that 4.0.3 will come before Cata, with the Shattering and the world change coming with 4.0.3a which will also be before Cata, they never gave a date other than 'a couple of weeks'

There are 4 stages, and as people have said we are on p3. The last stage will go live soon (tm) which means sometime between monday and wedensday most likely.

The flip of the switch that is the actual cataclysm (and patch 4.0.3a) should happen 1-2 weeks before cataclysm according to what they said at blizzcon. So we get to see the new azeroth for a little while before the release of Cataclysm.

Edit: Checking the calendar I'm going to make a speculation and say that 4.0.3a goes live roughly 1 week after stage 4 begins. Having the main cities... well... you'll see what happens. Anyhow, they can't have that going on for 2 weeks. If players don't participate in the event it's going to be a major inconvenience for the players. And I can only see that working for a week actually (see how many that participated in saving goldshire and such the second week of Hallows End). That gives us roughly 2 weeks with the new world before the expansion is released. Might be wishful thinking, but hopefully I'll be somewhat right at least.
    Last edited by Netherwolf; 2010-11-15 at 02:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Varrain View Post
    Blizzard has stated that 4.0.3 will come before Cata, with the Shattering and the world change coming with 4.0.3a which will also be before Cata, they never gave a date other than 'a couple of weeks'
    Only 3 weeks left until Cata, so... couple of weeks, eh.

If phase 4 (the city invasions) start tomorrow I doubt we're going to have the world blow up the next week. That is Thanksgiving Weekend in the US, and I doubt they are going to make such massive, sweeping changes on Tuesday, and then have the bulk of their people leaving Wednesday for the four day weekend and whatever skeleton crew they have to deal with issues over the holidays to field any problems that crop up with the total replacement of the old world.

Patch 4.0.3 this week or next, sure. But not that 4.0.3a.
    What was I supposed to do, call him for cheating better than me in front of the others?

Zombie invasion, no question about it. Shame that blizzard always caves to the QQ'rs.

I enjoyed the AQ opening event the most. After that the pre-Naxx event.

Pre-WotLK event is the best Expac intro so far
    Warlocks are what FDR was talking about
    Quote Originally Posted by OldHordeGlory View Post
    RAGNAROS: WOULD YOU LIKE THAT TOASTED?!
    Customer: Um, no thanks.
    RAGNAROS: TOO BAD! TASTE THE FLAMES OF SULFURON!

Yeah this event has been incredibly lackluster so far. Screen shakes, new NPCs pop up. Big deal.

The quests were somewhat interesting, but I have no interest in the elemental invasion. I can't see it becoming very fun. There's no player-controlled aspect to it, whereas the Scourge Invasion not only had city attacks, undead that dropped sweet loot (argent banner ftw), a new boss in kara that dropped a pet and the coolest weapon ever, but also a full on zombie apocalypse controlled by players. It's obvious that they put a ton of work into it, whereas this one just feels underdeveloped.

But then again, it doesn't really matter, because the shattering is coming soon! yay