Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Sorry to burst your bubbles guys, but your wasting your time do quests now and waiting to turn them in when cata goes live.

Whatever the reward is when you accept the quest, is what it will be when you turn it in...even after cata goes live. You only get gold for them now and that is what you will get when you turn them in

Quote Originally Posted by Grandron View Post
    Sorry to burst your bubbles guys, but your wasting your time do quests now and waiting to turn them in when cata goes live.

Whatever the reward is when you accept the quest, is what it will be when you turn it in...even after cata goes live. You only get gold for them now and that is what you will get when you turn them in
    Sorry to burst your bubble but multiple people that have gone through multiple expansions doing this exact thing have confirmed it worked. It is true that they could change it for Cata, but there has not been any posts confirming or denying it. Honestly since no one knows for sure until it happens, both sides should stop acting like they know what will happen. Blizz can change anything last minute.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonisawsom View Post
    Sorry to burst your bubble but multiple people that have gone through multiple expansions doing this exact thing have confirmed it worked. It is true that they could change it for Cata, but there has not been any posts confirming or denying it. Honestly since no one knows for sure until it happens, both sides should stop acting like they know what will happen. Blizz can change anything last minute.
    Sorry to burst your bubble again.

They specifically removed quest turn in XP for BC quests you already had banked when WOTLK cameout, it didn't work cause i had quests saved for that exact reason and got no XP.

If you don't believe me search on google.

So whether they'll allow it this xpac when they didn't last xpac? i doubt it.
    Last edited by DeiVias; 2010-11-18 at 01:06 AM.

Well, I'd go to Hyjal first regardless of your faction - log in SW or Org obviously - Hyjal is pretty easy, fun and nice looking zone that only takes a few hours to get you to 81.
    Also, I just have to troll a little and say: 1000th post.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    You do know what islands in the ocean do right?
    They float
    true story

i was wondering, do you gain rest at max lvl, i cant remember from when wrath started.

Derailed the Cereal Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Baz View Post
    Well, I'd go to Hyjal first regardless of your faction - log in SW or Org obviously - Hyjal is pretty easy, fun and nice looking zone that only takes a few hours to get you to 81.
    Also, I just have to troll a little and say: 1000th post.
    Grats on 1000 :P

Id probably disagree with Hyjal though, your right that it's easy but IMO 80% of the population is gonna go to Hyjal first mainly cause they don't wanna deal with an underwater zone though it's pretty fun.

So id say Vashj'ir if you wanna deal with less people.

Quote Originally Posted by Sprints View Post

They specifically removed quest turn in XP for BC quests you already had banked when WOTLK cameout, it didn't work cause i had quests saved for that exact reason and got no XP.

Yet I distinctly remember turning in Isle of Quel'thingy quests for XP.

Deleted
    no they said u dont hav rested even though they did in beta, n i did dailies in tbc n handed them in 4 experience 4 wrath. Thats like sayin they'll turn off all experience from 70 to 80 so u can't lvl...don't b an idiot, plus all quest rewards for dailys and weeklys scale with ur lvl, did u never do any pvp quests mate for alterac valley or the daily pvp callto arms when they were about or wintergrasp, u mayb did quests n tried 2 hand them in n it kept the same reward but dailies scale so wud change as soon as cata is released.

Quote Originally Posted by Sprints View Post

It 100% worked for Wrath xp. All quests from sunwell isle gave xp when I turned them in at release. Just as all quests current on Cata beta give xp from AT/Hodir/Wrath dailies.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonisawsom View Post

If you go to the Tourney grounds right now, you'll find the quests only give 7gold or so each now.

That's because they already removed the XP from it so you are no longer getting the converted gold.

Actually, what I would recommend you do is fill your quest log with level 80 dailies or any Icecrown Glacier quests you never finished and park yourself there so when you install, you can turn in all of those quests and already have a decent chunk of experience before you even start questing in the new zones. Just a thought.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bak00777 View Post
    i was wondering, do you gain rest at max lvl, i cant remember from when wrath started.
    nope

Quote Originally Posted by Elpalmo View Post
    Hey guys, i have preordered cata online with the digital upgrade. And what i wanna do is sit my main down so when the servers come live i can go straight away.. all i want to know from you people who have been in beta is where should i log out b4 cata is released? where/how to start leveling?

Thanks guys
    Ignore the stuff above, it wont help you.

Log out wherever you can train flight, so you can log in and train Azerothian flight right off the bat.

That is the single most important "log in" location for you.

Quote Originally Posted by bunnyhat View Post
    If you go to the Tourney grounds right now, you'll find the quests only give 7gold or so each now.

That's because they already removed the XP from it so you are no longer getting the converted gold.
    That is the case for all quests though, not just dailies. That leads me more to believe they changed the flags for 80 players so they are no longer receiving the XP->gold conversion far more than simply "we aren't getting any XP therefore no XP->gold conversion". As others have said, history leads me to believe you will get XP, as it has been done in the past.

To the "hate to burst you bubble" guy, I took your advice and typed "did you get XP for turning in BC dailies at the launch of WotLK?", as you suggested, and the following URL popped up, 4th or 5th from the top.

http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...Survival-Guide

The ones earlier than that were not links actually discussing whether you did or not, but I would like to see your Google results that differ from that, considering that was your evidence. bunnyhat may be correct about the XP, considering the daily gold reward, but as I said, that change has affected ALL quests, not just dailies, so I would be slow to jump to that conclusion just yet.

Make sure you have a flying broom mount stored in a pumpkin ready to go for the 7th

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

15+ Year Old Account
    So many mis-informed people...
    Ill stick to my having every ICC daily complete, and get a nice boost.