Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

4.0.3a: what is removed next week?

So my question is simple: which things will be removed next Wednesday with the Shattering? Zandalar reputation is a fact, I guess. What about Shen'dralar? The AQ scepter quest?

Do we have only 1 week to finish our business with these things?

there is not shattering next week.

4.0.3a will probably only happen 1 week before Cataclysm release.

AQ Scepter quest is definitely gone as of the Shattering. Shen'dralar rep will also no longer be obtainable. The Zul'Gurub Achievements will become FOS. Other achievements such as Exploration and Loremaster will be reconfigured.

EDIT: I've also heard that the Sprite Darter quest chain is no longer available as of 4.0.3a. Here's the start of the chain:
    http://www.wowhead.com/?quest=2969
    Last edited by Kalcheus; 2010-11-15 at 02:03 PM.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Quote Originally Posted by doril33t View Post
    4.0.3a will be next Tuesday. Anniversary of WoW. It also gives Blizzard two weeks to fix any bugs before the xpac launch. Remember, this is the largest update/patch to WoW since its development.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by doril33t View Post
    Completely wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    As much fun as it is to argue over whether or not we think the Shattering will occur next week, it is all 100% speculation right now. Personally, I think it has a pretty good chance of happening next week, but I'm not going to go around the forums and tell people that they are dumb/wrong for thinking otherwise.

OT: I believe there has been at least one thread that covered this very topic of removed quests/items/mounts/etc. I just can't remember the name of the topic atm, otherwise I would have done a search for you.

Quote Originally Posted by link064 View Post
    As much fun as it is to argue over whether or not we think the Shattering will occur next week, it is all 100% speculation right now. Personally, I think it has a pretty good chance of happening next week, but I'm not going to go around the forums and tell people that they are dumb/wrong for thinking otherwise.

OT: I believe there has been at least one thread that covered this very topic of removed quests/items/mounts/etc. I just can't remember the name of the topic atm, otherwise I would have done a search for you.
    Exactly, so people claiming they have any clue need to stop with the BS posts because it's purely speculative.

Quote Originally Posted by link064 View Post
    As much fun as it is to argue over whether or not we think the Shattering will occur next week, it is all 100% speculation right now.
    Nope. There are blue posts stating 4.0.3 does not change the world.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Myrok View Post
    4.0.3a will be next Tuesday. Anniversary of WoW. It also gives Blizzard two weeks to fix any bugs before the xpac launch. Remember, this is the largest update/patch to WoW since its development.
    do u actually think they will drop that on the week of thanksgiving.........when everyone in america is off from work that week
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I hear people say bring War back to World of Warcraft, well how about bringing World back to World of Warcraft

10+ Year Old Account
    4.0.3 is this week, NOT 4.0.3a
    Packers - Penguins - Gators

Quote Originally Posted by PlatedPriest View Post
    do u actually think they will drop that on the week of thanksgiving.........when everyone in america is off from work that week
    Since that patch does not really change anything in the game, it's actually better, gives them time to find possible leftover bugs before the mass of players return.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

wellll they did say approximately 2 weeks of the shattering to get a feel of the environment at blizzcon, i mean its possible i heard it wrong but i am pretty sure thats what they said.

Deleted
    if only huge bold letters were used to say that next week its 4.0.3 and not 4.0.3a with the world changes

LOL even with bold letters people miss things or choose not to read them :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Millawhat View Post
    wellll they did say approximately 2 weeks of the shattering to get a feel of the environment at blizzcon, i mean its possible i heard it wrong but i am pretty sure thats what they said.
    This is what I based my earlier post on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LaplaceNoMa View Post
    So my question is simple: which things will be removed next Wednesday with the Shattering? Zandalar reputation is a fact, I guess. What about Shen'dralar? The AQ scepter quest?

Do we have only 1 week to finish our business with these things?
    Not coming out next week. Chill. Will come out Nov 30th, 100% guaranteed.

Quote Originally Posted by Megara View Post
    This is what I based my earlier post on.
    Actually, they said 1 week.

Quote Originally Posted by Millawhat View Post
    LOL even with bold letters people miss things or choose not to read them :P
    who reads the front page?
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

Quote Originally Posted by PlatedPriest View Post
    America doesn't stop the week of Thanksgiving. Some people still work during those days, and some people don't work during the holidays. For example, I'm celebrating Thanksgiving over the weekend because I have to work. Derp derp. Blizzard is a multi-billion dollar company that spans the globe, and they're not going to hold up a product release due to an American holiday.

Not sure where you heard next week, and more specifically where you heard next Wednesday at that, but for starters the Shattering won't occur until very cloae to release....within a week from the way things are sounding. Anyways, everything that has been announced to be changed will occur then....ZG, old zones, etc etc, all gone/revamped.