Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Tauren death knights

It's been nagging at me forever and I was just wondering, how do you think the Tauren feel about members of their tribes that have been turned into death knights, but rejoined the Horde? do you think that being the noble, peaceful beings they are they'd greatly dislike them. or possibly appreciate their ability to protect their allies with their powers?
    Tauren > you

10+ Year Old Account
    I think everybody secretly hates having Death Knights, not just Tauren.
    The goddess in my avatar is Hayley Williams.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably the same way any other race feels about former scourge being amongst their ranks.

They probably feel the same way that every other race feels.
    Quote Originally Posted by ita View Post
    I saw a tauren rolling on mail gear once and when I asked him, he said it was better than what he was wearing.
    Can you believe that? A cow wearing clothes? Ridiculous..

I would say...silently resent, but outwardly appreciate, like every other race. You don't have to like someone to work with 'em.

Deleted
    There probably more tolerant than you would guess imo because of there reaction to the Forsaken

I'm pretty sure you're noble/ peaceful Tauren are accepting of anothers circumstance and would not shun their brothers and sisters regardless of whether they were turned to scourge and controlled against their will.

Hey, It's not my fault that the Lich King killed me and raised me as an agent of his army. All races should be happy that I'm working with them instead of killing them. Death Knight's need to stop being bashed on just because we went to the dark side unwillingly. I'd resent people who left if it was willingly, but I had no say in this. It breaks my cold dead heart to know that I try to be nice and friendly and my race still hates me.
    If people criticized the Bible as much as they criticize WOW we'd all be atheists.

As has been mentioned, every "race" except Forsaken probably has certain problems in general with Death Knights.
    For Tauren in particular, the best-case scenario for the DKs would be that they are seen like the Forsaken, which, as you may remember, had strong advocates in the Tauren shamans* when they tried to join the Horde. Also, some Tauren might still believe in a "cure". However, it is one thing to see an undead member of the tiny races, and another to see an undead member of your own race, maybe even someone you knew.
    Worst-case would probably be what happened to Trag Highmountain in Legends #1, basically a mob trying to kill you.

* yes, I know that the most promiment of those was Magatha, but the re-acceptance of the Death Knights happened at the beginning of WotLK's story, so long before she was finally exiled
    Last edited by Nathanyel; 2010-11-15 at 03:36 PM.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

With luck, the other tauren pity them and just kind of try to ignore them/leave them alone. They'd be like lepers I'd imagine.

Signature courtesy of Safhira.

15+ Year Old Account
    Gilnean death knights are going to be interesting ...

Quote Originally Posted by Penatar View Post
    Hey, It's not my fault that the Lich King killed me and raised me as an agent of his army. All races should be happy that I'm working with them instead of killing them. Death Knight's need to stop being bashed on just because we went to the dark side unwillingly. I'd resent people who left if it was willingly, but I had no say in this. It breaks my cold dead heart to know that I try to be nice and friendly and my race still hates me.
    OOOOOOOOOOOOOh, BTW. Not all Death Knights were created unwillingly.
    "Despite the heavy costs of free will, some powerful mortals are intrigued by the promise of immortality and pledge their souls freely into the Lich King's service to achieve it. (Baron Rivendare is an example of this). "

Quote Originally Posted by Schmoopsy View Post
    With luck, the other tauren pity them and just kind of try to ignore them/leave them alone. They'd be like lepers I'd imagine.
    I sure hope not.
    If people criticized the Bible as much as they criticize WOW we'd all be atheists.

I find the whole "lets all have deathknights" thing a tad odd, Deathknights were orginally raised Orc spirits in decaying human bodies used to put the right shitners up the alliance as they were fighting against their own colleagues and friends mutillated bodies. I dont believe at all that there should be Tauren DKs, the idea is plain stupid in my oppinion. It just seems Blizz just want to make everyone happy at the end of the day. Deathknights should be own faction spirts in opposite faction bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Lathanos View Post
    I'm pretty sure you're noble/ peaceful Tauren are accepting of anothers circumstance and would not shun their brothers and sisters regardless of whether they were turned to scourge and controlled against their will.
    ^ This. DK's or no, they're still Tauren.

Quote Originally Posted by Ny0ka View Post
    I find the whole "lets all have deathknights" thing a tad odd, Deathknights were orginally raised Orc spirits in decaying human bodies used to put the right shitners up the alliance as they were fighting against their own colleagues and friends mutillated bodies. I dont believe at all that there should be Tauren DKs, the idea is plain stupid in my oppinion. It just seems Blizz just want to make everyone happy at the end of the day. Deathknights should be own faction spirts in opposite faction bodies.
    Um...no, The Death Knights raised by Gul'dan are completely different from the ones raised by the Lich King, get your lore right or close your mouth.

15+ Year Old Account
    Its very relative in regards to them being either Noble or Peacefull. You need to look at the individual tauren and the tribe the tauren live in.

Deleted
    OOOOOOOOOOOOOh, BTW. Not all Death Knights were created unwillingly.
    "Despite the heavy costs of free will, some powerful mortals are intrigued by the promise of immortality and pledge their souls freely into the Lich King's service to achieve it. (Baron Rivendare is an example of this). "
    Rivendare is human and we know about the issues mankind have with resisting power...

Quote Originally Posted by Ny0ka View Post
    those are Teron Gorefiend typed Death Knights made by Gul'dan, we are talking about Lich King's Death Knights

OP: if I understand Tauren philosophy right, it's something like "Screw with me and I will roflstomp you. Help me and we might be friends." so I see no problems with DK Tauren returning "home"
    Last edited by mmocbb29f2abb5; 2010-11-15 at 03:56 PM. Reason: lore fixt

Teron Gorefiend was the first Death knight, but not the leader. Since they had free will, after Gul'dan made them what they are they continued to be loyal horde casters.

Deleted
    Teron Gorefiend was the first Death knight, but not the leader. Since they had free will, after Gul'dan made them what they are they continued to be loyal horde casters.
    i know, fixed it already...