Your experiences with the ICC resto sham

Still getting a feel for the site but was wondering if during the later part of WotLK about anyones groups or interactions with extremely good or extremely bad resto shaman.

Personally a moment that shoots to my mind is when I joined a pug ICC 10 on Sind. We had a shaman and a druid healing, I passively suggested maybe having someone switch to a healing spec in the "likely" chance that unchained hits both healers (we only had one caster aside from the healers). He immediately washed away my fears by saying "hah what a nub thinks we need 3 healers. you obviously havent been looking at the charts." I simply /sigh and wait for the "HAH, told you so" moment, and it does eventually happen.......4 times. I play tekken in between wipes and listen as he berates his tank while simultaneously touting his L33tness. A quick look at the charts reveals that during every attempt he had been doing nothing but casting chain heal. I do a quick check and he has 4pc. In my brain I question why hes spamming chain heal on the tank with no one near by, then wondering how he hasn't realized that the reason the tanks dying (p3 and not when both healers have unchained magic) is that he's not being very mana efficient(went oom in 2 of the attempts) or smart(pretty sure we have SOME type of magical ability that is maybe just a little better at single target healing). His tank(part of the same guild) eventually gets pissed enough to retaliate with "If you have so much healing power then why am I dying on every attempt?" The ensuing silence from the Raid leader/resto shaman-in-question was enough to make me throw my tekken match from loling. He then directed his contempt at me saying I was a baddie pulling only 7k(warrior) when I Had so much arp. Truthfully I could have pulled more were it not for constant strings of haste procs from DBW on every attempt and me breaking off from Sind early due to low FR(1-3fps), but what good would it be explaining class mechanics to a shaman whose tank healing is comprised of 100% chain heal in 4pc/frost resto tote. We then gave one more attempt and the shaman died in P1 to blistering cold....twice. Altogether the experience was bad for my tekken ranking with Ling ;_;.

Narrated by your friendly Enhancement Dragon.
    ShamLcawk(shaman/main)
    ShamLrock(warrior/main)
    ShamLshapes(druid)
    Shampoke(rogue)
    Shamatholic(priest)

Random.

I wouldn't bother trying to speak to arrogant people who don't know how to play their class. Typical bad :P

i havent really had that many bad experiences with resto shamans at all:O. not since early tbc if i remember correctly. for me the biggest problem iv had with a specific healing class has been paladins.
    or discipline priests who dont ever use power word shield.

Quote Originally Posted by 312guiltyspark View Post
    or discipline priests who dont ever use power word shield.
    I know one of these. It's depressing.

Bad shaman is bad. Infact, bad player is bad.

Any a good healer knows how to use all the spells in your toolbox, for what they're supposed to be doing.

If im tankhealing im keeping riptide on the tank aswell as earthshield, spamming HW (cause i regen more mana then i use with HW) and the occasional healing surge/GHW when he drops low. If theres only one tank, that is.

With two tanks its alot more about reacting to what spell is better suited for the situation.
    http://zinistra.deviantart.com/

Deleted
    obviously, a noob

ran out of mana spamming chain heal? seriously? im very active on sind 25 hc and im NEVER below 50% mana. Pretty sad to be one of these idiots who don't know how to play the game. ;(