Poll: Tier gear Purchase or Drop?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 312guiltyspark View Post
    whoever came up with that idea should be taken outside and shot twice...then shot again for good measure.
    Triple tap.

Note : Its funny people want gear from hard bosses only and remember tbc.
    What you guys are forgetting is that 90% of the people who say that only saw the nerfed to shit bosses dropping their "hard earned" gear
    What you guys are forgetting is that 90% of those people started the encounter with gear from badges far , far more powerful than gear obtainable for most when the content was actually released - without it you would have been hitting brick wall for ages and QQ about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiglits View Post
    Honestly, why do you people CARE what gear the bads are in? Does it make the stats on yours mean less? Does it mean that your skill with the class will show less? Not at all: if you're skilled and have the same gear, you'll do better, and it'll still show. It just means that both you and the bads will get the gear with less dependence on RNG and more dependence on actually doing the damn work and putting in time to get it.
    Because you shouldn't be rewarded level 5 gear for level 1 effort.

How many times should it be said?

It kills progression.
    It creates a bunch of bad players who have no idea what they're doing but have gear as if they do.

oh and...

Real life ( you know the thing outside of wow ) comparison :

- You buy a brand new tv for 500 euro.
    - 6 months later your neighbour buys the exact same tv for 300 euro.

Are you going to nerdrage at him getting it cheaper as well ? No ofcourse you dont, its just the way things go.
    Enjoy the shiny epics when its rare and hard to get,, but sooner or later everyone will get em , faster and cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by Belmorn View Post
    Real life ( you know the thing outside of wow ) comparison :

- You buy a brand new tv for 500 euro.
    - 6 months later your neighbour buys the exact same tv for 300 euro.

Are you going to nerdrage at him getting it cheaper as well ? No ofcourse you dont, its just the way things go.
    Enjoy the shiny epics when its rare and hard to get,, but sooner or later everyone will get em , faster and cheaper.
    VIDEO GAME =/= REAL LIFE.

Video game = video game.

MMO + Monthly subscription X progression based game = Don't give everyone free shit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryptoth View Post
    MMO + Monthly subscription X progression based game = Don't give everyone free shit.
    Is that not what were all trying to do? Progress. Sounding a little bitter there...

Have you honestly played vanilla where this scenario you wish was actually in place ?
    If you enjoyed that, well then good for you - to each its own.

I personally think it was a waste of time to be FORCED to go back to BWL every singly week to gear up new recruits so we could have some progression in the instance we wanted to do : Naxxramas. Longtime members who did that place 30+ times already took the offspec/ pvp gear which was actually ment for new recruits but you couldnt force them to not bid - otherwise they just wouldnt show up so you couldnt gear up your recruit at all.

Being in a guild with people who just refused to raid more than 3 times a week I cleared 7/12 Naxxramas in Vanilla and that was only because we spend about 200 hours ( 4 hours a week since opening of AQ40 ) gearing people up instead of having actual fun in the new content ( AQ/ Naxx40 ).

It wasnt my cup of tea and I liked the changes both in TBC and WotLK. The one token for all slots is a wrong idea I think though as saurfang 25 has been abused by many malignant pug raid leaders for this very reason , where otherwise they would have gotten just the gloves for example.
    Last edited by Belmorn; 2010-11-16 at 09:15 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    DEFINAITLY should drop off raid bosses. This is why Ulduar was the best of Wrath

Quote Originally Posted by Belmorn View Post
    Have you honestly played vanilla where this scenario you wish was actually in place ?
    If you enjoyed that, well then good for you - to each its own.

I personally think it was a waste of time to be FORCED to go back to BWL every singly week to gear up new recruits so we could have some progression in the instance we wanted to do : Naxxramas. Longtime members who did that place 30+ times already took the offspec/ pvp gear which was actually ment for new recruits but you couldnt force them to not bid - otherwise they just wouldnt show up so you couldnt gear up your recruit at all.

Being in a guild with people who just refused to raid more than 3 times a week I cleared 7/12 Naxxramas in Vanilla and that was only because we spend about 200 hours ( 4 hours a week since opening of AQ40 ) gearing people up instead of having actual fun in the new content ( AQ/ Naxx40 ).

It wasnt my cup of tea and I liked the changes both in TBC and WotLK. The one token for all slots is a wrong idea I think though as saurfang 25 has been abused by many malignant pug raid leaders for this very reason , where otherwise they would have gotten just the gloves for example.
    SO the short version is your guild was filled with dicks and you want Blizzard to fix this for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd prefer it to be earned through boss drops.
    Markro - Arthas US PvP

I don't want the vanilla nightmares back again, took me so long to farm stuffs I wanted..

I agree that the complete RNG of vanilla sucked. The token system is a vast improvement over that. At least more than one class can use it so there's a much better chance of it being an upgrade for someone in your raid. I also liked the way it worked in ICC where it wasn't for a specific slot.

I just don't think that anyone should be able to use the lower tier (justice) points to buy raid equivalent gear. Raid ready gear, yes. If current raiding tier is ilevel 200 and heroic is ilevel 250 then the points should get you gear no higher than 125-150. Gives you enough stats that you're ready to start raiding but you're not getting the "raid" gear from lol'ing through a crapton of heroics. When the next tier of raiding comes the old tier equivalent is now available for the lower valued justice points so once again you become raid ready for that higher level.
    85 | 80 | 80 | 80 | 73

Yes I'm a girl. No I don't want to cyber.

I have no problem with previous Tier tokens being available for JP, as long as current tier tokens are only available from raid bosses of the current top-tier raids. This way the raiders get the gear they need for the next raid, and the people who are trying to get into the current tier raid can do so by using the LFD to grind JP to get the 2nd highest current tier gear.

In Summary:

You only get top tier tokens from raid boss drops, and can purchase the second highest tier tokens/gear with JP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Boss Dropps but only if you make PvE Gear not viable for PvP...