Poll: Are you afraid!?

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by bangadrum View Post
    you sound like a slabs lock
    Good times. The best pull was right after the demon boss, as you were pulling those 7-packs from the ogre dude's room through the hallway. Fear bouncing two mobs, Howling and DC'ing, banishing and, if need be, kiting one as well.

I remember once the tank/healer/dps died on that pull and a mage and myself were able to down it. It mightnt've been a super hard raid boss, but boy did we fucking feel amazing after pulling off that.

Nothing beats the feeling you get when you're "in the zone". I sure hope Cata brings that back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post
    Don't use facts, they unsettle peoples' prejudices, and once that happens the flames start.
    Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    Its Science, just ask Albert Einstien, he invented Space

I'm afraid of people being resistant to change. I ran into this last night doing the fire elemental boss with my holy pally. People pulled aggro all over the place - no tactics, just burn burn burn - the tank died (thankfully we had a boomkin with a brez). People still didn't learn though.

And that fight isn't overly tuned to need CC! I told my guild I wasn't healing on my pally for pugs anymore... but my main is a bear... and that's just fun sauce... need to take off my macros for Maul though... less aoe the better.

Nah, my 1337ness will make up for it

Im a paladin, So im not afraid at all.
    Lagg dosen't exist. Only bad Internetz...
    Paladins isent OP Blizz just made all ohter classes weaker.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by twistedsista View Post
    as a healer both in vanilla, the end of tbc (enh until that point) & in wotlk, i can tell you now im very scared unless its with guildies lol cc was a major part of doing instances & raids in vanilla & im wondering if certain ppl are actually aware they do have poly, shackle or entangling roots, etc? yes, im aware i have hex, btw lol im not being arrogant in any way, but i for one will be going back to the old ways of dps being expendable to the needs of the tank. those ppl dying will have to learn the hard way, or the easy way. its in their hands, so no complaining about a lack of heals to this resto shammy tyvm!!
    As a healer in vanilla & BC, now turned dps. I can suggest you revive the old adage.

If the tank dies its the healers fault
    If the healer dies its the tanks fault
    If the dps dies its their own damned fault

It takes times but a few dps deaths will soon get them to learn that they need to THINK, mindless AoE is not going to clear Cata instances, certainly not until probably at least 4.2 level gear.

Back in the day I used to just let the dps die if they went on the wrong target, broke CC etc and then the mob aggroed onto them. After a few deaths they might blame the healer but you just need to macro the quote above for them to get the message and even if they leave its quick to replace a DPS. Your focus is keeping the tank alive and the tank's focus is keeping the adds that are not CC'd aggroed on him. If they go for the healer (due to healing aggro) and the healer dies its the tanks fault.

I say this as a current dps player. I'd far rather that the tank and healer knew what they were doing and the dps focused on taking down the right target than everyone randomly AoE and have the healer swapping targets every few seconds risking the tank's death to keep the dps alive after they have done something stupid.

I'm glad CC is coming back. I know it adds time to dungeons and makes the dps pay a little more attention to what they're doing (and yes I have dps toons) but anything to slow these down from the sprints they are now is welcome.

I've been playing since original beta and am not a fan of running through these dungeons with barely enough time to loot before the tank is off pulling the next set of mobs. It really detracts from the experience when you can just plow right through everything without any forethought.

I remember having to discuss and plan for almost every pull. It was more difficult, more challenging, but much more rewarding when you did it.

But I also agree that with the LFD, it may be hard to get a good group that will actually work together.

"Well when i run this with my guildies we usually CC these mobs and burn this particular mob first, it worked for us want to try it?" Some random shaman: "GO GO GO GO GO OMG GO, JUST AOE IT DOWN EVERYBODY HERE SUCKS LOOK AT MY KINGSLAYER TITLE AND MY GEARSCORE, SCREW THIS BYE" Šhåmwöw has left the group..."Well um....at least we have a mage for Bloodlust >.<"

Quote Originally Posted by Corellia View Post
    It's going to be good in Guild groups again (i.e - the people you trust playing with). It's going to suck in the LFD system...at least to begin with.

Overall im looking forward to having to CC stuff again.
    this, LFG is gonna be a massacre for a while, whereas guild groups will be a lot fun. being in a (good) guild is gonna make a huge difference in cata.

What I'm afraid of is collateral AoE removing CC's... Like Blood Boil, Howling Blast, etc. Some specs can't not-AoE without losing significant dps/tps/mitigation.

Quote Originally Posted by twh View Post
    i am.

i will miss steamrolling and blazing thru a heroic. i love the wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am style that we have now. go in, kill boss, collect points, leave, buy epics. easy peasy japanea---um...anyway, i do not look forward to having to taking an hour to go thru 1 heroic. plus all the wiping.....ugh

Michael Caine is very disappointed in you.

The mechanic itself is fine as long as players know their shit. Surely pugging will be nightmarish at the beginning, hopefully people will learn as fast as possible.

Deleted
    Why would I be? I simply smash all my AoE buttons just like now and blame the tank if I should get aggro.

Yes I'm being serious. There probably will be a need for CC at the beginning when people have bad gear but later it will be only needed with undergeared tank or a bad healer. It was the same in Vanilla and TBC too. I remember AoEing through Strat, UBRS, MGT etc. all the time.

Im excited its coming back, even as a DK which people seem to be worried has a lack of CC.
    Maybe its from playing the entire life of wow but between Chains if Ice kiting and prolly more importantly deathgripping casters away then mind freeze/strangulate them, I think we'll be golden