Poll: New Stormwind or New Orgrimmar

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Stormwind vs Orgrimmar

Ok...so i looked to make sure there were not duplicates of this post. if there are and i just missed them forgive me

so since im not in beta and the PTR with the changed world is finally up, i was able to see the new Stormwind and Orgrimmar first hand. my question here is which one do you think looks better?

IMO Stormwind looks utterly amazing and beats out Orgrimmar

10+ Year Old Account
    Stormwind is pretty, but claustrophobic. Orgrimmar is functionally better in my opinion, having an outdoor bank and AH, plus the wide open area is great for getting around in on flying mounts.

I agree, SW looks much better, but they added to SW in a massive way/took away our park.. But Ogri looks like its be upgraded to say a 2.0 version, for allout war.

Both look great but SW just seems sexy, and I'd like to lay it down by a fire and hand feed to chocolate covered strawberries.
    Just me though.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Stormwind is and always will be more majestic looking and feeling but the new Orgrimmar stunned me the first time I entered it on the PTR. It feels like a living, breathing city preparing for war and that suits me much better than Stormwind.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've always liked the look of SW over Org. Org has always looked like a giant refugee camp to me. Silvermoon and Undercity are far better examples of Horde cities.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stormwind is a city for RPers. Orgrimmar is a city for gamers.
    Sythis - Vicious Cycle

I think Org beats out SW, Org looks just amazing now.
    Kurogasa:"Bitch tried to steal my herb... So I typhooned his ass off a cliff"
    Gala:"Why can't he burn in heaven? There can be Holy Fire in Heaven"
    Garrosh Hellscream:"Shut your clever mouth, bitch."
    Terenas Menethil II:"At long last. No king rules forever, my son."
    Kenny:"I'm just waiting for a fire axe to hack through my door one day and see aulio on the other side goin "heeeeeeeeres johnny"
    StarFade:Are you actually serious? To quote every rapper:"How fucked-up is you?"

Deleted
    Orgrimmar
    Quote Originally Posted by Littleraven View Post
    looks utterly amazing
    esp. the water/tropical sections

Quote Originally Posted by Littleraven View Post
    Ok...so i looked to make sure there were not duplicates of this post. if there are and i just missed them forgive me

so since im not in beta and the PTR with the changed world is finally up, i was able to see the new Stormwind and Orgrimmar first hand. my question here is which one do you think looks better?

IMO Stormwind looks utterly amazing and beats out Orgrimmar
    i dont think you will get the best results here since because 70% here are Horde

Maybe I'm biased towards horde, maybe I'm excited over getting a metallic city instead of the Flintstones... I forgot the name of their city, plus SW is still as headache-blue as it was when I first got in there.

Deleted
    SW is amazing looking now, but the overall structure is very similar.

I know Org pre-shattering like the back of my hand, but i got seriously lost a few times with the new one. Other than that its also awesome looking, not as nice visually as SW but its the most changed of all the cities by far.

What really surprised me, and is now one of my favourite places in WoW (aesthetically) is the big encampment on the Echo Isles. That blew me away.

I love the fact that orgrimmar doesnt look like polygons pretending to be buildings but like actual buildings and I love the metal and the kind of barren grass in there, I like way more the new orgrimmar than stormwind+a crater+ a lagoon+ some retextures

I prefer SW, Orgrimmar just looks like a mess of orange.

Quote Originally Posted by Vespene View Post
    cuz ppl that rp a brute orc should be rping on a high-class city,amirite?
    lrn2rp?

Orgrimmar, most definately. Stormwind's minor updates and new floor textures are nice, and they'll certainly make my Worgen happy while lobbying for his promised district. However, Orgrimmar is just so much better. The actual city looks like it could beat the shit out of you in a duel.
    If only I could be so grossly incandescent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Auliô View Post
    I think Org beats out SW, Org looks just amazing now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespene View Post

Both of these, Stormwind is repairing from the attack on Deathwing somewhat whereas Orgrimmar looks like it is ready for an out all war with any and everyone. Orgrimmar is like a war city whereas Stormwind is more of a peaceful city now imo.

Whenever I decide to just hang out some where I never pick Stormwind it's too closed in for my taste.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfgank View Post
    Maybe I'm biased towards horde, maybe I'm excited over getting a metallic city instead of the Flintstones... I forgot the name of their city, plus SW is still as headache-blue as it was when I first got in there.
    Bedrock

OT: Orgrimmar wins.

I would pick Stormwind if they made it more open in Cata. I can't really pick Org due to when ever I play Horde I tend to hang out in the Under City.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfgank View Post
    They lived in the town of Bedrock...but anyhoo ya...SW got like a little polish and whatsnot...still has all of those useless buildings that have closed doors (dont get me wrong rather have a city of unaccessable houses than a "city" of 4 open houses *coughGoldshirecough*) meanwhile Org gets a total revamp to evolve along with the very changes of the Horde itself, with the intro of Warchief Garrosh. So in a pychological viewpoint, as well as just my style, Org has the better look to it. SW was always nice but now its just SW with a nuked park....and?
    Last edited by Gharld; 2010-11-19 at 02:37 AM.