Quick question regarding the new raid lockout system.

I know that with the new lockout system you can only kill hard modes with one specific raid ID. But what if, for instance, the first group I run with in the week was only doing heroic gunship, and I left the group while they did that? Would I then be able to come back into the raid after they down gunship and continue with their normal modes, THEN go with another heroic group, since I wasn't present for the heroic gunship kill? Or would it still not let me run with the second group doing heroics?

If you rejoined the raid that downed HM gunship, it will lock you to the run that has done HMs. You will not be able to hang around for a few more normal bosses, then jump to a different raid to do HM sindragosa.

If that's what you mean.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

Correct, as far as I understand it.
    You would only get saved once the kill has gone through.
    You SHOULD be able to then, as you said, re-join the raid after gunship and do heroics with a different group.

Do note however, that they keyword is "SHOULD".
    On numerous occasions, we switch to heroic for some boss or another and it simply wont allow us to switch back at all; Kill or no kill.
    Quite frustrating...

But isnt it that if you arnt there for a boss then join the raid you only get saved to the raids ID if you down the next boss? Like he leaves for Lootship and then rejoins after, he wont be saved till saurfang gos down. Read it in a blue post but not sure it it works on HC bosses or is only for normal.

For what instances does this apply to?

I couldnt f.ex enter Ulduar because of it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Emothianes View Post
    Omg dude vanilla was so awesome because I was awesome and other people weren't awesome and it made me happy to be special because it was so awesome and I was happy.
    Sé onr sverdar sitja hvass!

Only applies to ICC and RS.

ya you cant do that it wont work dude cuz it asks you to gt saved but hey just try it.... see wut happens

The whole lockout system is only good for tight knit groups ans instances you easily clear on one evening. I hope there will be no lootship encounter but some hardmodes are usually harder than others and some people value the highest item level too much. So you are scheduled for heroic Nefarian, but inbefore you find a pug thats looking for a replacement just do to a few bosses, and one of them drops that trinket you never saw. Normalmode? you ask and then explain you won't be there for Nef, and everyones ok with it.

Same situation but they downed the first boss on heroic. They might tell you this or not. Are you screwed then?

I know the whole heroics will not be for pugs talk, but they will try and some will achieve something, causing loads of confusion with the lockouts.

I am still curious about how extending saves work now. Who will be randomly saved when we attemp heroic Lichking today