Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    For the sake of trying, let us assume we had those "one shot"-achievements. Could you even nearly think of the impact on the GM´s that would have? People crying to get rolled back to the day before where they didnt die and where they had no disconnect, ... .
    Just thinking of the one who open such tickets legit and well there will be other as well and we know it.

How i see it blizzard has gone the other way round last years, probably due to exactly this reason.

Quote Originally Posted by mafain View Post
    olympics tabard is a one shot achievement :P
    And I always forget I have that one! Even now, I was wondering what you were talking about - then I remembered that my Warlock has those two! My warlock is kind of my sacred character, ironically.
    The one I logg onto, seeing PvP-titles, Raven Lordmount from TBC-times, HH-mount from TBC-times, exalted with WSG et c et c - and I always wonder - When the heck did I play this character? D:

Deleted
    Undying. (per raid)
    Immortal. (per raid)
    Champion of Ulduar (per boss)
    Conqueror of Ulduar (per boss)
    Tribute to Insanity 10 (per raid)
    Tribute to Immortality (per raid)
    Tribute to Dedicated Insanity (per raid)
    Feeds on Your Tears 10 & 25. (per boss)

Quote Originally Posted by Mijen View Post
    So you would call them really easy, but annoying?
    Yeah, all you have to do is roll paladin and not do any instances and there's your 0 death run.

If they ever made a hardcore server (aka you die your toon is gone) then achievement for dropping 60' without dying would be a mark of pride, as long as you are not one of the classes that can cheese it, like paladins and mages.

Quote Originally Posted by Maeleena View Post
    If they ever made a hardcore server (aka you die your toon is gone) then achievement for dropping 60' without dying would be a mark of pride, as long as you are not one of the classes that can cheese it, like paladins and mages.
    That would be hilarious and also mentally scarring

15+ Year Old Account
    Wouldn't work because if a player has a disconnect while attempting such an achievement and therefore failed it forever, the nerd rage would be stronger than the chernobyl explosion.

And even if they would put in some methods to detect disconnects and therefore let players try again after having a technical fault destroy their 1time attempt, people would just abuse that loophole to no end, making the whole 1time attempt thing redundant.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

15+ Year Old Account
    Those are 1 try per week. Im talking 1 attempt ever.
    I suppose if Blizzard wanted to waste their time putting in impossible to obtain achievements they could do that, but why bother. The only possible way that a guild could get the clear without ever wiping achievement is if the instance is a complete Candyland and if that is the case, why even bother. Stupid ideas are stupid.

If they made a raid that can be one shot upon release blizzard did something VERY wrong!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mafain View Post
    olympics tabard is a one shot achievement :P
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=36941

Is that what you are talking about? That wasn't a one shot award at all. All you had to do was go to a single battleground and finish it during the holiday. Didn't even matter if you won or lost. The pet was rewarded for winning, but again, that wasn't a one shot achievement either.

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    I suppose if Blizzard wanted to waste their time putting in impossible to obtain achievements they could do that, but why bother. The only possible way that a guild could get the clear without ever wiping achievement is if the instance is a complete Candyland and if that is the case, why even bother. Stupid ideas are stupid.
    or the guild has repeated the shit out of it on say the PTR, then when it goes live, goes in and one shots it.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Kosm View Post
    No, make account wide achievements first.
    Id like this but also... I got ICC25man drake on my druid id like to beable to have it on all my chars now. I earned it so... i think i should get it on any char of same faction on same server.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnerd View Post
    Undying. (per raid)
    Immortal. (per raid)
    Champion of Ulduar (per boss)
    Conqueror of Ulduar (per boss)
    Tribute to Insanity 10 (per raid)
    Tribute to Immortality (per raid)
    Tribute to Dedicated Insanity (per raid)
    Feeds on Your Tears 10 & 25. (per boss)
    Yeah those and some other, you should recheck the achievement list.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Psilo View Post
    Also, my response to people wanting account-wide achievements is that if you didn't define your sense of self-worth based on the ePeen of your character, then you could play whatever character you wanted without feeling slight.
    Not necessarily true. As for my opinion on that subject: I want to collect achievements, it's fun seeing those bars fill up and once you've completed them get a small sense of satisfaction as you move onto the next one. However, if I ever get bored of my main character or my friends etc. Want to reroll on new servers and level together, I am forced to drop that achievement progression I've been enjoying to start something new. Why should I have to stop doing something I enjoy like achievements, or start over again if I want to try another character or server?

---------- Post added 2010-11-16 at 02:38 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Psilo View Post
    So, you roll a level 1 and it gets every achievement, title, and mount you've ever had because you have earned it?
    Why not? They're account wide achievements. Do you really need a lvl80 in epic gear in order to enjoy your achievements? Who cares what character you got your Frost Wyrm on it, YOU EARNED it! If you want to RP and say the character earned it, not the player behind the computer - well that's what RP servers are for and a reason as to why it's optional.
    We're all just a bunch of nut-cases or people egging on nut-cases or people trying to rationalize with nut-cases or people accidentally trying to rationalize with eggers and we all decided for ourselves who each other are. I've returned to deciding that we're all just a bunch of nut-cases.

More achievements like "Reach X level without dying" would be kinda cool to have. LotRO has titles up to level 20 for that sorta thing. Level 20 isn't hard to get in WoW without dying, but awarding something every 10 levels without dying would be kinda cool. Level 85 without dying would give a pet or a mount. Not a tabard, though. How often do you see Loremaster or explorer tabards being worn anyway?

Lets see...

Tribute to Insanity/Immortality
    Undying
    Immortal
    Champion of Ulduar
    Conqueror of Ulduar
    He Feeds on Your Tears
    Realm First Level ##, Race or Class (if you die good game)

10+ Year Old Account
    Those are 1 try per week. Im talking 1 attempt ever.

Nothing similar to that is listed as an FoS, unless I over looked it. But thank you.

So you would call them really easy, but annoying? Luckily, even if added they wouldnt concern you if you didnt care.
    FoS - something that is ether really hard or impossible to obtain. If u screwed up it would therefore be impossible to obtain and would and should be a FoS