Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    SA does okay dmg, why not spec for it. And good for multi dotting.

10+ Year Old Account
    they just need to up speed on apparitions. Worst case just lower damage a tad bit if they like a billion sprinting SA's wrecking everyone.

I'm reading all these responses and wondering just how many people know about the nerf?

Only 4 up at a time, when the expansion launches. No more shadow armies.

80 Kingslayer Shadow Priest - Spirestone
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&n=Direshadow

Hah! With as slow as they move, on a fight like LK where you're running a lot, I bet the first one doesn't even get to the target before a 5th one procs and wipes the first. GG SA

Ok maybe I'm exaggerating a little bit, but still, RP walk is no kind of useful speed, even in PvE.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well the SA's count as pet damage so you need to make sure the damage is being recorded correctly. As far as dropping from a pve spec..I don't see anything that is free damage from a spell you are casting trumping a utlity talent. Interrupts are nice but are brought by many classes. In a competitive raid environment for 25 man, any dps tweak you can get is gonna be the way to go.

Another option would be to have them fly like banshee's towards the targets or mini-valkyrs at 30% run speed....

in PvP I find SA very effective when i have dot and kite an opponent, as I run away from them, the enemy runs straight into the SA's as they spawn and since they do decent damage when you stack crit, they get my vote, love and attention!

In regards to SA's not showing up in recount/WoL, its something Blizzard can and should fix imo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ascl
    World of Logs can't fix it - it's a fault on Blizzard's side. The Shadowy Apparitions appear in the combat log, but they don't appear with a SPELL_SUMMON event, which would be used to link the pet to its owner. Without that, no combat log parser can tell who spawned the apparition and who to attribute its damage to. Blizzard simply need to add the SPELL_SUMMON event for the apparition and combat log parsers will pick them up correctly.

I imagine that whatever Skada is doing, it will for similar reasons break if there is more than one shadow priest present.
    ^This was posted 3 weeks ago on Shadowpriest.com

10+ Year Old Account
    For everyone complaining about only proccing 4 SA's or how slow they move:

Get closer.

As for the original question in the thread topic:

No.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2010-11-20 at 07:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    For everyone complaining about only proccing 4 SA's or how slow they move:

Get closer.

As for the original question in the thread topic:

No.
    I'm not going to risk putting myself in danger just so my SA's hit. I'm sorry but if that was the case to get the max dps, I might as well go roll a melee class.

80 Kingslayer Shadow Priest - Spirestone
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&n=Direshadow

Since SA's are limited in number now, they should up the movement speed to 70% or something... That would make this actually useful in PvP against casters and it would allow for the proc % to actually be worth it rather than wasting procs because you can only have 4 out.

Deleted
    SA is pretty awesome, especially when you move around a hellload since it spawns even more. But in PvP i would not take it, can spend the Points better, for PvE it does belong into my Talenttree!!

Deleted
    Your question made me think of that: another situational talent.Not a bad 1 though.
    Against ranged is from 1 to 10,i'd be generous to give a 2 çause any1 can kite/shot the apartition without having trouble.Against melee i 'd give 10/10.Hits hard enough for a dot , procs in a good rate on the kite also is a boost while disperse. In mass pvp (bg lets say) is good enough to worth the points,not something very extra though.In pve ,well is another source of dmg,espessially when u run and u can't flay,fillls some gap we can say.
    Now it remains situational to me, a little of rng. Yy they nerfed it but in the pvp situation in which becomes usefull, it still will be.In pve it will hit so another apartition will take the place of the one blown. Therefore you can play without that putting some other talents,that may fit u more.Depends on playstyle though it works perfectly (no bugs,good proc rate,enough dmg) as the spell itself.

I guess i'll put that in 1st. We have biggest prob with melee than with ranged so...it helps there we hurt.
    Last edited by mmoc1861945c2b; 2010-11-23 at 04:51 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Direshadow View Post
    I'm not going to risk putting myself in danger just so my SA's hit. I'm sorry but if that was the case to get the max dps, I might as well go roll a melee class.
    You assumed too much in my answer. If you stay out at 40 yards, then it takes X amount of time for an SA to make the trip to the target and you do X damage with them.

If you get to say...20 yards...then of course the travel time will be cut in half and the SA damage goes up because you can proc twice as many of them.

Even closer, then more. Personally I stay about 15-20 yards out and I'm fine with that. If something dangerous gets closer, I move back a little, generally proccing even more SA's because I'm moving. For the most part I try and stay out of melee range, just like you.

People talk about running in circles but you can use movement to profit without looking like an idiot.

Your mileage may really vary with that depending on how comfortable you are getting close.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2010-11-23 at 05:04 PM. Reason: Clarification and posting in the A.M. before coffee

Not taking SA is a DPS loss in PVE. Not taking it is a mistake. PVP is another matter.

...and every class in the game benefits from being in melee range except Hunters. Hunters still benefit from being as close to melee range as possible. If you're standing at a long distance and there isn't a strategic purpose for doing so then you're doing it wrong.