Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Auction House cut

Hey guys!

I'm trying to move some major ka-ching ally side with my horde main. Was gonna use the neutral ah (friend's gonna help), but i'm scared i'm gonna loose too much money. How much % goes to ah ? I got bout 60k g i'd like to move.

Thx
    Forth, and fear no darkness! Arise! Arise, Riders of Alliance! Spears shall be shaken, shields shall be splintered! A sword day... a red day... ere the sun rises!

i think you would lose like hmm 2-4k

There is a 15% cut. You send 60k you loose 9k so you end up with 51k transferred.
    Last edited by Vladinator; 2010-11-16 at 07:01 PM. Reason: Sources: http://www.wowpedia.org/Auction_House

as far as i know the neutral AH cuts 15% off everything you sell

Quote Originally Posted by Vladinator View Post
    There is a 15% cut.
    Oh snap! :/

Cheers for the help mate

P.S.

Any other methods maybe ? besides faction change ?
    Forth, and fear no darkness! Arise! Arise, Riders of Alliance! Spears shall be shaken, shields shall be splintered! A sword day... a red day... ere the sun rises!

10+ Year Old Account
    Yah, neutral is 15%
    --No Beta Club--
    Books let you imagine the impossible.
    Movies let you see the impossible.
    Video Games let you do the impossible

Buy items, sell them for low prices across the neutral AH, repost on the other AH for normal rate. It's riskier, with the possibility of losing it all being there.
    But your eyes are drawn of charcoal they're black they're so cold they're so imperfect because they see a sleeping world where waking isn't worth it

Faction change would cost you 30USD and for 30USD you can buy ~8000 gold on Stormrage EU from goldsellers so in reality you only save 1000 gold when buying a faction change. It's up to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Bojangles View Post
    Buy items, sell them for low prices across the neutral AH, repost on the other AH for normal rate. It's riskier, with the possibility of losing it all being there.
    He said he wish to transfer gold from his Ally gold to his Horde on the same realm, not about how to make money using the auction house... did you even read?

Also try what Trops said, I don't know but if you got some Heirloom you can always try adding gold to the mail. That would be the best way of doing it really.
    Last edited by Vladinator; 2010-11-16 at 07:07 PM.

Deleted
    You used to be also able to send money from your horde to alliance characters if you send heirlooms crossfaction. Don't know if there is a limit on that though, or perhaps they even removed that posibility to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Black_One View Post
    Oh snap! :/

Cheers for the help mate

P.S.

Any other methods maybe ? besides faction change ?
    You could buy items on horde side that you could put on AH alliance side, like hogs or something, although this late in the exp be careful if you are going to buy BoE epics or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Brael View Post
    You could buy items on horde side that you could put on AH alliance side, like hogs or something, although this late in the exp be careful if you are going to buy BoE epics or something.
    No one reads threads anymore lol, not even those with 10 replies... the guy wants to send his money over from Alliance to Horde, not make money using the AH. -_-' Not sure if I should report those two for trolling or not report at all because they did not read the thread properly...

No one reads threads anymore lol, not even those with 10 replies... the guy wants to send his money over from Alliance to Horde, not make money using the AH. -_-' Not sure if I should report those two for trolling or not report at all because they did not read the thread properly...
    /facepalm
    Read it yourself... he wants to MOVE his gold from Horde to Alliance side. He can do this, by buying HIGH PRICED ITEMS on horde side, having a friend help him move them to Alliance, and then RESELL them, essentially just MOVING the gold from one faction to the other.

Faction change would cost you 30USD and for 30USD you can buy ~8000 gold on Stormrage EU from goldsellers so in reality you only save 1000 gold when buying a faction change. It's up to you.

He said he wish to transfer gold from his Ally gold to his Horde on the same realm, not about how to make money using the auction house... did you even read?

Also try what Trops said, I don't know but if you got some Heirloom you can always try adding gold to the mail. That would be the best way of doing it really.
    you actually missed the point. he buys stuff worth 10k put on neutral for 1g and resell to transfer the gold without it taking 15% of the total.

Quote Originally Posted by Vetis View Post
    you actually missed the point. he buys stuff worth 10k put on neutral for 1g and resell to transfer the gold without it taking 15% of the total.
    Someone gets what I meant, my faith in humanity is restored.

or you could just find someone on your realm with money on the faction you want, who has an alt on the faction you're moving money from, and do a swap. that's what i've done.

or you could just have a guildie pay for it with their credit card and give them like 5kish gold or whatever

Reading his thread post the way I interpret it was: "I am trying to move gold from alliance to my horde main. I was going to use the neutral AH but I'm too scared I will loose too much money. (...) I got about 60k gold I'd like to move." -don't see anything about making gold except he is afraid to loose too much from the AH fee cut.

Brael: "he wants to MOVE his gold from Horde to Alliance side"
    Perhaps, perhaps I just don't see that in his sentence. I must say it's not that well written either so can't blame me for assuming he is moving the gold from his Alliance to Horde. :P He can put up a gray item for 60k gold on the Horde side and buy that with his Alliance character, thus moving the gold over to his Horde character -I think that's the best way of doing the transaction.

Vetis: "he buys stuff worth 10k put on neutral for 1g and resell to transfer the gold without it taking 15% of the total"
    Then I suggest he writes that and doesn't make it sound like he just wants to move his money from one faction to the other on the same realm. -_- Again I think he just wants to do just that, but hey I dunno anymore.

6 hours of schoolwork makes my brain go numb to spellchecks and reading paragraphs properly lol.

You are reported for being thick.

At this point I do not mind some American moderator to pop in and tell me if it's me that interpret Black_One's post or not, it would relief me. At least I would know if it's me or the world going crazy. :P

Btw I got what Brael was trying to say now, that he could buy a faction exclusive item and sell it on the other side to hope and make some gold to make up for the 15% cut. So Black_One would have to buy the mount for 20k he would have to sell it for minimum 26k to make up for the cut gold lost. Yeah I guess that's an alternative, if he can find a buyer he could even make more money in this situation. Sorry for reading wrong the first time Brael.
    Last edited by Vladinator; 2010-11-16 at 07:26 PM. Reason: Apology to Brael

if you got 60k im sure 9k would not be hard to make back?
    ggg

These posts are dripping with irony...
    If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One... now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.