Which of these makes the most sense, lore-wise

I'm starting to plan for some alts in the next expansion, as the new leveling experience is going to be awesome. Anyway, I was wanting to do a warrior and paladin for both Tauren and Dwaves. Here's my question: which of these two combinatoins makes the most sense?

Dwarf: Retribution paladin and Protection warrior
    Tauren: Protection paladin and Arms/Fury warrior

OR

Dwarf: Protection paladin and Arms/Fury warrior
    Tauren: Retribution paladin and Protection warrior

That's four different alts that I'm talking about, just to be clear. And yes, I know dual-speccing is possible, but that's not my question.

I think they all make sense, but if I had to pick, it would be this.

This is mostly based on my thought that a Dwarf Prot Pally makes more sense than a Dwarf Ret Pally.

Quote Originally Posted by Solblaze View Post

I think they all make sense, but if I had to pick, it would be this.

This is mostly based on my thought that a Dwarf Prot Pally makes more sense than a Dwarf Ret Pally.
    Same is true for a Tauren Prot Pally though.
    Or Dwarf Prot Warr
    Or Tauren Prot Warr

Both are races that scream tank, their other race/faction counterparts all embrace a more aggressive stereo type.

But that's not helping you is it?
    I'd actually go with the above suggestion, Tauren make great Prot Warriors, that extra health really helps a lot when you're a warrior, prot palas are already more durable while leveling from the self healing.

But that's just a tank's point of view.

Dwarves I really am not qualified to give advice on, never actually properly played Alliance.
    If I would play Alliance though, I'd play a Dwarf, they are awesome, my favorite Alliance race by far.

I know

I know they'd both be good races for either role. My question is which combination makes the most sense from a lore standpoint. Is is more likely for a Dwarf to be a warrior or paladin tank? Is it more likely for a Tauren to be a warrior or paladin melee dps? The lore behind both of the races being paladins is a little hazy.