Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hilwack View Post
    i have worked with, tbc, it worked with wotlk, and it workes on the beta so, troll on my man..

oh ya, and on that note, i got a realm first every time spent leveling,

The secret here is that you have 6 quests at hodir, turn em in, have 10 quest at argent turnament, use your tarbart and turn em in, and hs to sw or org depending on faction and continue from there. not all that bad for 3 min work, and i tested it around 5 times on the beta works like a charm
    This is it! End of story

Btw, Mage portals ftw ^^

---------- Post added 2010-11-17 at 01:57 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    You can indeed. Go into your WTF folder and set the setaccount lines in both Launcher and Config from LK to CT. This will Preload Cataclysm for you. All you have to do is enter the product key from your box on 0-day and upgrade your account.
    Great info, cheers!!

I think the key for realm first is knowing the new quests and having rested XP. Since quests give mob xp + rested XP, while you are rested questing makes more sense to me. Now, I do know there are some nice dungeon quests for MH and they may be worthwhile.

Also you can turn in old quests for XP. The only thing that matters is if you have cataclysm or not. If your XP is locked (ie no cataclysm) you won't get XP. If it isn't, you will.

Quote Originally Posted by Nasser View Post
    I seriously doubt the equivalent 2-3 quests you'd manage in those 5 minutes would reward you with with 200k exp, unless each quest gives 70-100k exp including the mob kills.
    When the questing areas are flooded with players, being 2-3 quests ahead of the herd might be a very significant advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by gibbie99 View Post
    I think the key for realm first is knowing the new quests and having rested XP. Since quests give mob xp + rested XP, while you are rested questing makes more sense to me. Now, I do know there are some nice dungeon quests for MH and they may be worthwhile.
    You don't have any rested xp on any of your 80's atm. It will only start accumulating once Cata is added. They made this change for Wrath after the BC hiccup.

People seemed to have missed my link about how dailies are worth it.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-to-the-action

Quote Originally Posted by Goulashia View Post
    People seemed to have missed my link about how dailies are worth it.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-to-the-action
    Your analysis doesn't take into account the advantage you get by being one of the first to pick up the new quests and thus getting ahead of the herd - that's the whole point of rushing in first, everyone knows handing in a bunch of dailies will get you more xp/hour. The advantage of being in first can potentially carry all the way through the leveling process if you're seriously going for realm first.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett Skullcrack View Post
    Your analysis doesn't take into account the advantage you get by being one of the first to pick up the new quests and thus getting ahead of the herd - that's the whole point of rushing in first, everyone knows handing in a bunch of dailies will get you more xp/hour. The advantage of being in first can potentially carry all the way through the leveling process if you're seriously going for realm first.
    You're assuming that questing is the best way to 85. You're also assuming that the 4 minutes and 30 seconds it takes you to turn in those dailies is critical.

Ignoring the small time required, it appears from the beta analysis that Blackrock Caverns runs are the best way to 82, and after that, Deepholme/Uldum/etc is superior to everything besides maybe Vortex Pinnacle runs.

So, you'd be the first person to Deepholme, and then WAY ahead of the curve.

Additionally, I just asked on the Developer chat for Best Buy (http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/World-o...ysm/ch-p/WoW):

Guest-85: (Me!) Will you allow players to fill their quest log with say, 25 dailies, and then turn them in right after Midnight on December 7th to get a quick boost towards 85? This is how it worked in the beta, but some players are confused on whether it will work on Live. Thanks!
    JABrack: Regarding 25 daily quests to turn in when the expansion goes live, this is something players have been able to do for the last 2 expansions and we aren't talking about changing it now.

So yes, J Allen Brack just said you can do it. It is official now.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines