Thread: curse.com

10+ Year Old Account

curse.com

seems like someone didn't pay the bill :P

ads are affected on this site as well

Nothing is wrong with it on my end, I see no ads either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just went to Curse.com

LOL

Can someone post a pic?

http : / / i55.tinypic.com/2rhp9i8.jpg
    http : / / i52.tinypic.com/6p5an6.jpg

Sorry, can't link the images due to low post count, but the first one shows what the Curse website looks like, and the second shows what happens when you load the Curse Client.
    Last edited by NRS; 2010-11-17 at 01:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NRS View Post
    http : / / i55.tinypic.com/2rhp9i8.jpg
    http : / / i52.tinypic.com/6p5an6.jpg

Sorry, can't link the images due to low post count, but the first one shows what the Curse website looks like, and the second shows what happens when you load the Curse Client.
    I'm getting the exact same thing....i thought i was the only one, glad i don't have a virus or something

I can access curse just fine.
    I did get a maitenance message or something on wowpedia a little while ago though.

Sounds rather like a problem with your ISP, or whoever provides your DNS lookup.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    Sounds rather like a problem with your ISP, or whoever provides your DNS lookup.
    I have Time Warner (Road Runner) as an ISP, maybe it's just a problem with them? What ISPs are other people using that are having the same problem?
    Also this is the only website this DNS issue is occurring with...
    Also tried both Firefox and Chrome and it occurs on both. And it started occurring today when the patch hit.

---------- Post added 2010-11-16 at 08:18 PM ----------

Someone in IRC linked me these, they might help with anyone with the issue:

twitter.com/#!/cursenetwork/status/4661484546166784
    twitter.com/#!/cursenetwork/status/4661780550782976

Apparently you have to wait until your ISP refreshes their cache for the DNS so the site will start working again.
    Last edited by NRS; 2010-11-17 at 01:26 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    There was a confusion with the DNS servers. From Twitter (as linked above, here and here):

Alright, have a bit of info related to Curse.com issues. The nameservers at our host were updated and that is causing DNS issues. If your ISP caches DNS information you won't be able to access Curse.com until they refresh the cache. The client uses the same data servers, so you'll have issues with it too.

Quote Originally Posted by NRS View Post
    I have Time Warner (Road Runner) as an ISP, maybe it's just a problem with them? What ISPs are other people using that are having the same problem?
    Also this is the only website this DNS issue is occurring with...
    Also tried both Firefox and Chrome and it occurs on both. And it started occurring today when the patch hit.

---------- Post added 2010-11-16 at 08:18 PM ----------

Someone in IRC linked me these, they might help with anyone with the issue:

twitter.com/#!/cursenetwork/status/4661484546166784
    twitter.com/#!/cursenetwork/status/4661780550782976

Apparently you have to wait until your ISP refreshes their cache for the DNS so the site will start working again.
    I have Road Runner also. It's TW not clearing the cache on their DNS servers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Komie View Post
    They still say Cata needs a lot of work, and this expansion (edit for reference: MoP) is in the final stages.
    Quoted for... truth? on 11/30/2011.

Well Curse.com is "loading" for me a little bit now, but it's pretty much in text-only. No images anywhere. The "DNS Made Easy" page is showing up on the ad spaces on MMO-Champion now also. Curse Client is working now though, so that's a good thing.

I have Time Warner as well....still not working yet for me, no website, no client, no ads

Actually, the Curse Client was only working for the length of time I posted my last response. Now it just gives an error that says: "Exception reading manifest from clientupdate.curse.com/CurseClient.application : The manifest may not be valid or the file could not be opened."

Mine isn't working either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Curse has been working on and off for me for the past 2 days, I have Charter for my ISP and I get the same page popping up most of the time I try to go to Curse. /shrug

Just going to wait for the issue to be resolved.

I found a fix, contacted my ISP provider and gave me very useful information. http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...ndows-7-a.html

Just follow it step by step.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thank you. That has fixed my problem, atleast till Time Warner / Road runner decides to fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by DistortionSleep View Post
    I found a fix, contacted my ISP provider and gave me very useful information. sevenforums.com/tutorials/15037-dns-addressing-how-change-windows-7-a.html

Just follow it step by step.
    I just did this as well, although I had to do it to my router settings instead of my computer settings. After that, I can now load up Curse and the Curse Client works as well. I recommend this fix.

Just wanted to say thanks for posting the fix, it worked for a few of my guildies also..