Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OmnitronDefesneSystem View Post
    I feel like there was a LOT of jumping around. It was like "We spent an hour or so offscreen making this yellow ring. We didn't show anyone this badass process, but the second the new guy tells us not to do it, we refuse to use it. Something we've spent weeks making." And it was kinda like "No one can defeat paralax!" Wait! "I The new guy with very little training can!"
    Hal simply said "give me a shot at Paralax before you try the ring". And he won. He had the ability to conquer his fear, instead of denying it. That's what made him better than the rest, and his strategy was apparently something nobody thought of before. It's subtle but I think everything there is justified.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, as I work in a movie theatre, I knew it wasn't going to be as good as it made it look on the previews, the weekend it came out like any other movie it was busy and had long lines, but after that it got pretty quiet, and we were not selling tickets, compared to other Marvel/DC movies in the past.
    Personally, I found the movie, entertaining but after I watched it I didn't like it a whole lot, for example if Ryan Reynolds (forgot in movie name) was the 1st human to become a green lantern and his training he did awful, how did he solo the monster, on his own, even if taking it to the sun was smart
    Also, I did laugh when he got a pull DNA scan and he was in his boxers, so hide nudity
    I watched the 3D showing, 2days before the movie was released to the public employee benifits
    Last edited by Zandous1; 2011-06-27 at 09:49 AM. Reason: Spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Zandous1 View Post
    Well, as I work in a movie theatre, I knew it wasn't going to be as good as it made it look on the previews, the weekend it came out like any other movie it was busy and had long lines, but after that it got pretty quiet, and we were not selling tickets, compared to other Marvel/DC movies in the past.
    Personally, I found the movie, entertaining but after I watched it I didn't like it a whole lot, for example if Ryan Reynolds (forgot in movie name) was the 1st human to become a green lantern and his training he did awful, how did he solo the monster, on his own, even if taking it to the sun was smart
    Also, I did laugh when he got a pull DNA scan and he was in his boxers, so hide nudity
    I watched the 3D showing, 2days before the movie was released to the public employee benifits
    He "solo'd" the monster because it fed on fear, which he was capable of recognizing and overcoming. The other Green Lanterns denied their fear, and were consumed by it. He was uniquely suited to deal with Parallax. In this respect, the movie was a significant departure from the comics because after they retconned Parallax to be a giant fear entity thingie (which was stupid. For lke 15 years of continuity, Parallax was just what Hal called himself when he lost his damned mind.), part of that reconn was that Hal, being the only Green Lantern who was COMPLETELY UNABLE to feel fear, was uniquely suited to being corrupted by Parallax because of that.

Still though... I enjoyed it.
    Yeah We ALl do m8 guess again somting went frong well lets hope it will be fixed soon
    ...?

Quote Originally Posted by Zandous1 View Post
    The main reason he defeated Parallax was because Parallax was so consumed by his hatred of the former wielder of the ring that he lost sight of his goal and chased after Hal, also forgetting about the gravitational pull from the sun. Hal on the other hand only used basic techniques to get the attention of Parallax with one power boost that allowed him to move through Parallax's body, after that he just used some of the basic information he had on hand and coupled that with his experience with the non-piloted fighter jets from earlier.

I only have a basic knowledge of the Green Lantern universe but I enjoyed the film for what it was but I must admit I would have liked a treatment more like Hellboy as far as the cgi goes. And I was very happy to see the yellow ring get put on because I was going " I thought he was a villain" the whole movie.