10+ Year Old Account

Unhappy just saw a vid about Tol Barad....

dissapointed.

the whole layout is nice, with the barricades and walls, gonna be some nice battles...

but i cant stand to play in there! its so depressing.
    everything is metalic, rusty, dirty, gloomy, dark and epicless.
    wg is a million times better as far as looks go. and twin peaks is pure win.

too bad, cause i love pvp and i would have spent lots of hours in that place,
    but i dont think thats gonna happen now. =(

anyone else thinks the same?

Deleted
    That whole place is a prison, all those characteristics you listed could have been expected.Except the one regarding how awesome that place is.
    To be sincere I hated WG after the 5th time with all that titan theme, that I, in my humble opinion considered crap.
    Tol Barad won't be any crazy fun most likely, but surely better than Wintergrasp for me, tastes differ.

10+ Year Old Account
    A prison is supposed to be happy? A prison is supposed to be depressing and especially thinking that it's been abandoned for quite awhile.
    I like it and now it can be 'Dark Chocolate' place for me in WoW where I will spend beating up (emo) undeads all day long....ahhhh, happy life ^^
    ''Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack'' -Sun Tzu

wintergrasp looks horrible. least tol barad has stuck to a theme

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Lets see, Tol Barad is a former bastion, turned prison, on a small stormy island... Yeah lets make that pink with flowers :P

---------- Post added 2010-11-17 at 11:18 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Musra View Post
    A prison is supposed to be happy? A prison is supposed to be depressing and especially thinking that it's been abandoned for quite awhile.
    I like it and now it can be 'Dark Chocolate' place for me in WoW where I will spend beating up (emo) undeads all day long....ahhhh, happy life ^^
    Yeah no.... Undeads are dark victorian, with a hint of goth... not emo... bye bye now

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    The OP --- Are you serious? Your going to find a place dark and evil lacking for PvP ( Killing of players )

What are you really? A 10 year old with a Pretty Princess playground?

Actually I kinda agree with the OP. I think one reason Isle of Que was such a popular world pvp spot besides the quest hub, was the fact it was appealing. STV also compared to say WPL/EPL.
    i personally would have liked to see 'Tol Barad' have been something rooted more in some lush forest or jungle setting. Could have made it some island that the Bloodsail pirates had built or something

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    wg is a million times better as far as looks go.
    WG is only snow, ice and boring titan buildings. I find this more boring and depressing. It's even among the reasons I didn't really like northrend and wotlk.

And on tol barad peninsula (where I'll probably spend most of my time harassing people doing their dailies) you have horde/alliance architecture and human towns and forts.
    Those are much more interesting and reminiscent of vanilla wow than disproportionate titan architecture imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree with you. The super-gloomy, oppressive look is what made daily questing in Icecrown Glacier such a massive slog. Dailies are always tedious, but dailies with dull and soul-sucking scenery are even worse.

That's for seeing it every day for months, though. As far as the zone's aesthetic and design in a vacuum, it looks really cool and has a great atmosphere. So in some ways I'm not thrilled about it, and in other ways I like it a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Lovestar View Post
    I agree with you. The super-gloomy, oppressive look is what made daily questing in Icecrown Glacier such a massive slog. Dailies are always tedious, but dailies with dull and soul-sucking scenery are even worse.

That's for seeing it every day for months, though. As far as the zone's aesthetic and design in a vacuum, it looks really cool and has a great atmosphere. So in some ways I'm not thrilled about it, and in other ways I like it a lot.
    Or they could've gone the way they did with the bio-spheres in Outland (forgot the zone name, the purple one) where you'd be la-la-la-ing around doing whatever, flying here flying there HOLY CRAP FLOWERS JUNGLE AAAAH MONSTERS! ...which I thought was pretty cool - so much jungle scenery you got disoriented - would add a bit of terrain awareness tactics for people who want to take advantage of the terrain to play to their class' sneaky advantage (I'm thinking rogues...).

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Musra View Post
    A prison is supposed to be happy?
    why not