Deleted

Got 99 Problems but this Patch aint one!

Just a quick post for people who are having problems with downloading the new patch and the launcher

I had a problem earlier on this morning before I went to work after constantly getting "Launcher is broken use repair tool in wow folders" and constantly pressing repair and getting "Everything is working fine, crazy fool!" when I tried to download the Update Tools from the Launcher

There was a few ways to fix this, I tried some from google and it didn't work - Ended up having to put them all together to get it working.

If you're getting stuck on Updating Tools on the launcher:

Right click your WOW on your desktop, go to properties

Click on the general tab and at the bottom there will be a box "Read only" make sure that this is box is not ticked, you do not want it on read only.

Then go into your wow folders (Windows 7 people just right click your shortcut on the desktop and go to "Open File Location") and open WOW from the wow.exe

Put in your account details then log in, it should begin to update and then install 4.0.3, enjoy!

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks a lot, that did the trick!

It is one year later. August of 2011. This problem still comes up when people patch. none of the previous fixes work for me, including this one. Blizzards response is their lame typical washlist of busy-work things to do: Check your cpu temp, defrag, upgrade drivers blah blah blah. Everything but "our software is screwed up. I have logged every possible way, changed to administrator, I even ran patch through the background program. It shows 100% full and yet says 0% downloaded. Blizzard has not responded since I have completed their 3 page wash list.