figured that I'd post on a thread thats gone.

He raised awareness of a "curse" addon updater creating opportunities to exploiting fucks.

1) I use http://www.wowace.com/ for everything but..
2) wowinterface addons, that only list from wowace on "search all"
3) although boub sold out to curse, the curse downloader is bad, and here i'll explain why.

A) adobe flash exploits, these are where the majority of "omfg I got keylogged shit comes from" although its not from curse directly, its from paying ad sponsors that lease "space" on their "client"

big target curse is, the conglomerate.

B) Legit Addons but not really. "addon authors are not the dev ones, they are chinese or jersey livers, who put up shit loaded with .exe files and junk up as the actual author.

these types of attacks have been going on for a long time.

C) what you are doing is opening your door to flash exploiting ad's, as well as possibly false, marketed and sold as the actual dev addon.

all addons are at risk for this, the key is that curse is a big target for those. and blah blah authenticator , only use blah blah installer (doesn't fix either of the above issues" and it's "your fault you followed a fucked up link"

all goes out the window.

figured since the great selling out of this site to curse, and the deleted threads that have been here, i'd open a proper one, without flaming or lies, just facts...
and see what happens.

/cheers.