10+ Year Old Account

Jeeves Mats - Farm or Buy

So I just farmed the Jeeves recipe in storm peaks (took me about 30 minutes) and now I'm looking at the mats. I power leveled engineering on a fresh 80 last week and do not have the schematics to make any of the materials for my Jeeves.

Here are the mats for quick reference:
    Requires Field Repair Bot 74A (2) - Don't have , Field Repair Bot 110G (10) - Don't have , Scrapbot Construction Kit (20) - Don't Have , Titansteel Bar (8) - I have these , King's Amber (2) - I have these , Handful of Cobalt Bolts (30) - I have these .

So, engineers, should I be purchasing the field repair bots (of various flavors) or going to BRD (and wherever else) to pick up recipes and craft them on my own?? Note that on my server each on of these repair bots is going for somewhere in between 150 and 200g (i've got the coin, just not sure if these prices are worth it).

Deleted
    alle the repair bots can be easiely farmed by yourself with level 80 so I wouldnt waste money on them ( learn them and buy the mats should save you up to 50g each )

I farmed them all for my engineer and it only took me one night of farming(~ 4 hours) to get all the mats for all of them without buying anything for them.

Deleted
    I only payed ~10k for engi and 4k for Jeeves mats so meh... if you have the gold and you want to do it fast, just buy them. If you have the time and patience to grind than do so.

Deleted
    Well I payed 3k for Engi, and 1,5k for jeeves, so Id say u wanna buy it, not alot of mony rly

10+ Year Old Account
    People actually pay upwards of 10k to lvl engineering and then another 2k or so to buy the mats for Jeeves?

Christ you can farm mats to max engineering yourself in under a few hours time. The Jeeves mats themselves are a fast farm as well.

Sounds like a waste of gold to me.
    We are WARRIORS man! If we can't make it bleed, we will sure as hell dent the f%^ck out of it!

10+ Year Old Account
    Well seeing as there is positively nothing to do on WoW for the next couple of weeks, I guess I'll go farm the mats. Thanks for the input!

Being a completist, i already had the schematics, but they're not THAT hard to get, all i had to buy in the end was the gems :P

But seriously, the schematics are easy to get, BRD is steamroll-work at L80, farm some non-elite demons for the 110G-bot, can't be a problem, and a quest at "Inventor's library" gets you the scrapbot schematic, so you need lucky drops for the questline-starter for the scrapbot-schematic and the schematic for 110G-bot, don't recall either of those being a problem (Compared to the Jeeves-schematic anyway :P )

And as Blinh said, it's all just "Wait for cataclysm" now anyway, just farm it...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tholl View Post
    Christ you can farm mats to max engineering yourself in under a few hours time.

Sounds like a waste of gold to me.
    I farmed all the ore required prior to northrend mats and then purchased the rest. The copper / Tin / Mithril took about 6 - 7 hours to farm... I wouldn't say you cannot do this in "under a few hrs".
    Last edited by Blinh; 2010-11-17 at 04:33 PM. Reason: can does not equal cannot

Field Repair Bot 110G is the only difficult part, and in specific khorium power cores /khorium bars. And khorium isn't really farmable. There's a vendor that sells this but get camped a lot. If you have a guildy with someleft overs you are good to go. At the AH, when i was making mine, each bar was at ~100g/piece....
    Suggestion: farm other mats, check AH for khorium prices or ready repair bots if you are lucky. Else prepare to mine outlands for 2-3 hours to get the 12 ores.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichiago View Post
    I only payed ~10k for engi and 4k for Jeeves mats so meh... if you have the gold and you want to do it fast, just buy them. If you have the time and patience to grind than do so.
    Wow, I paid nowhere near this amount for either. 2k maybe for Engi with SOME grinded mats and a few hundred gold for Jeeves.
    OT: I'd say grind the mats to be honest, it keeps you occupied and won't be too much of a grind if you know where to start. Maybe buy a few minor things from the AH, but I wouldn't buy it all from the AH

Sup Yo.