Poll: Who is the best healer

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Udze View Post
    And Alexstrasza gets 10x her hp when changing so roughly 120 million hp solo. And this was PRE-Vanilla lol! know your lore peeps!
    Except the topic is supposed to be talking about classes, not characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Robinhoodexe View Post
    either Velen or Tyrande.. so druid or priest
    Both of those are priests.

Priests ofc

Deleted
    Tanks are the best healers. They migitate the damage of the entire raid by taking focused-damage! Find a healer that can beat that!

Not so much a strictly lore post, but from the units through the RTS game:

Paladin (AKA Knight) - offensive mounted unit with small healing ability.
    Paladin (Hero version) - Good heals but limited mana pool

Shaman - Support damage unit (bloodlust FTW)

Druid - Shapeshifter good for offense and defense

Priest - Pure support unit used in the backlines of an assualt to keep everyone healed up.

As for lore, I believe you'll find much more pointing towards a druids ability to heal than any of the other classes. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    What amazing feats of healing has Velen performed? He is a prophet, known for his visions of the future.

And Tyrande is best known for her combat prowess, not healing abilities.
    Untrue. Read the books, Tyrande and the Sisters of Elune do some amazing healing. They are also known for their combat prowess, but they are REVERED for their healing.

Quote Originally Posted by Renagade Raven View Post
    Oh hai again! Welcome back! Again...
    I'm never gone, so long as I am in your heart.
    Quote Originally Posted by Renagade Raven View Post
    I don't know how people can argue against her, she is the Aspect of life. She can do whatever healing she wants to anything. After her comes Freya, and the entire Red Dragonflight, before any of the mortal classes.
    Call me when there is a playable red dragon class. No serious, call me, I would play the hell out of that.
    "Care about 'er? I love her! I'd kill everyone in the world and myself if she wanted it!"

Deleted
    It cant be druids. Druid concentrate on maintaining a balance of nature, this means that they could be called on to do as much harm as they do healing.

Could be shaman, they like talking to spirits and such, but they tend to have more interest in other things than healing than priests do.

Paladins like to restore things by the light, but they also like to hit things with big sticks

Priests have two healing talent trees, and the vast majority of NPC priests you see are dedicated healers whereas druids, shaman and paladins vary much more greatly in role and arent so dedicated to healing. Also priests "discipline" themselves to heal better, which is more than can be said for the other classes who simply invoke the power of holy/nature. Priests invoke this power and refine it.

priests yo.

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Except the topic is supposed to be talking about classes, not characters.
    "According to Lore who should be the best healer?"
    I took that to mean a single person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Negridoom View Post
    I'm never gone, so long as I am in your heart.
    Oh...
    Ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Negridoom View Post
    Call me when there is a playable red dragon class. No serious, call me, I would play the hell out of that.
    I'd prefer blue or green, but I agree. You will have to leave your number with me, maybe engrave it onto my heart...

Sorry guys but the question is asking which class is the bester healer not who is the strongest healer in lore and their corresponding class. Which would be Malfurion anyways if we're talking mortal. He is the first mortal druid after all. Not only did he heal a dragon from near death, IIRC, he healed him from an extreme distance and even Korialstrasz himself was like "DAAAAYUUUM". Altogether though it would be priests.
    Last edited by robotuprising; 2010-11-17 at 10:01 PM.
    For millions of years mankind lived just like the animals.
    Then something happenend which unleashed the power of our imagination.
    We learned to talk. And we learned to listen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Priests are the dedicated healers, they were the medics, for the most part they were the go to people for healing. They were like the other half of the paladin, where most pallys used their light given abilities to defend and avenge rather than heal... opposite for priests. Paladins were knights with the power of the light, to me they were the more protective or vengeful types... meant to be warriors more so than healers. Shaman are naturally instinctive, leader-type/storytellers in tune with the elements, they have impressive healing capabilities, but their main focus is the control of elements. Druids are nature focused, in tune with the world around them, more about maintaining balance with nature and creatures... they have healing capabilities, but that's their inclination when dealing with battle, not their primary objective.
    "Believing something is not an accomplishment. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because “strength of belief” is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. Listen to any “die-hard” conservative or liberal talk about their deepest beliefs and you are listening to somebody who will never hear what you say on any matter that matters to them — unless you believe the same. Wherever there is a belief, there is a closed door."

How could anyone NOT say Priests?
    For one, it was CLEARLY STATED in the original World of Warcraft manual that priests were the best healers under the Priest class description. Yes, Blizzard has since changed that and made sure no class descriptions say they are the "best" at any role, but you can't argue that lorewise Priests were intended as the best healers.

10+ Year Old Account
    A cornfield by a raceway with a tornado flying through (Indiana)
    Maybe I'm reading into this more than I should but...healing what? The body? The mind? The land? All healers, lore-wise, would be better at healing certain things iirc. You can have a healthy body but a ruined mind, ect.

Healing the spirit? I'll go with Shaman, they literally have "Cleanse Spirit" and are known to see into and interact with the spirit world better than anyone else.

Healing the mind? I'm going with Priests as it seems like a focus of them (Mind Control, Mind Soothe, Mind Blast, Mind Flay). What they know how to destroy they certainly know how to preserve and protect.

Healing the land? Debatable. Druids draw their powers from nature and certainly have more of a connection to animals and plants than shaman do, but Shaman are connected to the elementals themselves which also make up the landscape. I gues it would depend on the circumstance.

Healing the body? It seems like all healers are capable of performing major healing miracles, but I'd give the edge to priests in this regard. Two healing trees and more places dedicated specifically to healing the body than anywhere else seem to make priests the go-to class in that regard.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenai View Post
    Healing the mind? I'm going with Priests as it seems like a focus of them (Mind Control, Mind Soothe, Mind Blast, Mind Flay). What they know how to destroy they certainly know how to preserve and protect.
    I got this from The Shattering. There was a lot of calming and clarity brought about via priestyness. One thing I wonder is if Baine still has the Fearbreaker, which seems to be a priest leaning mace. And what implications that may hold.
    "Care about 'er? I love her! I'd kill everyone in the world and myself if she wanted it!"

Deleted
    But Thrall has Earth Shield, and Chain Heal

10+ Year Old Account
    What i do not like is you people saying Malfurion made plants around him "die" when he healed Korialstrasz. He did not kill the plants, they freely gave the energy to him for healing, while keeping enough in their roots for every plat there to still live, so he did not kill a single plant.

Priests healing is common and weak, in lore priests are 'weaker' paladins, they feel like less devouted paladins. So in my opinion paladins are superior than priests, they are hero class, the most devouted priests, and they know hot to use Light better ( see: paladins in W3 can use mass ressurect while priests got single healing spell). If you say 'but what about Tyrande and Sisters of Elune !! OMGZ' - well I would say you can't classify them as priests we know in WoW, they are different class as well, they don't use Light as source of their healing, and would have to be different option in this poll...

Shamans don't feel like healers at all in lore ( is there any evidence of healing shamans? even if there is, its rather minor healing), druids at the other hand can vary a lot, due to their shapeshifting skills, but there is a evidence of their healing skills in lore so I would say they are better healers than shamans. Druids feel more like their main purpose is restoring balance to the world, so healing makes sense as their primary skills. Shamans are all about commanding elements and listening to the spirits, feels more like far seeing, binding elements and using them to whatever the need should be (that includes healing but is not its main purpose).

For me it would be a choose between paladins and druids, hard to say which one is more powerful since they are very different. I voted paladins, since Naaru feels the most powerful healing source for me (remember the quest in Icecrown where you had to save dying crusader? neither druids or dragons could save him, only Naaru did)

Priests have 2 healing specs for a reason, nuff said

Whichever wielder of their respective magics is most skilled.

I'd say,
    "lorewise", you can be killed by a single arrow shot ;
    "lorewise", you can be killed by a single hit from a tauren wielding a giant mace ;
    "lorewise", you don't survive from 99% of whatever PCs and NPCs constantly get in their face in WoW.

That may be why "body" healers don't have a very important place in Warcraft Lore ; they kill lots of orcs, humans, elves or whatever, and nobody heals them, 'cause they just can't. After that, very few people are able to bring them back from death.
    The only healers you can find usually heal wounded people after battle or in case of diseases..

Healers we know in WoW are "game" healers, like those in Warcraft RTS, they're here as a game dynamic.

On contrary, I'd say soul and nature healers have a great place in Warcraft "lore".