Poll: Who is the best healer

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Funny.

Lorewise, no healer can heal for shit. Why else is everyone having to stop grinding for weeks to send some nameless hero/adventurer out to find a healing salve of some sort (hellfire spineleaf, <insert specific name>'s <body part that somehow makes sense>) or a "mythical healing bauble"

The lore ehalers need to go read up on some tactics and L2P

Quote Originally Posted by Renagade Raven View Post
    "According to Lore who should be the best healer?"
    I took that to mean a single person.
    You are aware there's a poll attached to the topic, right? It's kind of hard to miss since it's at the top of every page.

Oh, I'm an idiot. Ignore this.
    Friends: Will help you move.
    Best Friends: Will help you move the Bodies

Lore wise.. well.. hell.. healing only exists as a mechanic to make game play interesting. If WoW were a movie do people honestly think there would be healing in the movie? It would look silly.

That said I always want priest to be the best healers.. although lets not forget thought that Paladins in warcraft 3 could mass resurrect 6 dudes at a time.. bubble for 45 seconds out of every 60 seconds and flash heal. Paladins have been over-powered forever.

In WoW Paladins seem to come out the highest on the healing meters if that counts for anything. Disc priests come out extremely high.. but you need to have an add-on for re-count which allows you to see the mitigation from your bubble as a heal.. If you can see that.. priests rule..

Then again; Druids rule the over healing.. this is because their heals are often take so long to reach fruition.. where as direct heals from priests and Paladins will often erase a druids hard work on the meters.

I don't know a lot about shaman healing past level 60.. but I have always found them a bit easy to heal with in 5 mans.. because of chain heal etc... no idea how to use them in a raid scenario though.

This is a lame topic with rubbish options since it's a matter of perspective that has not been pointed out in the first place. You're asking what the best healer is but not taking into account who the target of the healing is.

In terms of bodily healing its most definitely priests.
    In terms of healing the planet, it's most definitely the shamans.
    If its healing the mind, its paladins. Faith gives power beyond imagining.
    If its keeping balance, it's the druids. By keeping balance you make sure one form of life doesn't go extinct while another becomes all-powerful, thus preserving it. You destroy life to achieve life.

Healing is subjective to situation, belief and opinion in this case.

I am assuming the OP means bodily healing,but since it has not been stated as such, this whole topic was somewhat a big lump of misinformation to begin with.

On top of that, your topic name uses "who" instead of "what class" which implies a certain character/name which goes against your poll that implies to a certain class in itself.
    Last edited by Frozenshiva; 2010-11-17 at 11:40 PM.
    Perspective is like a coin. It has two faces, but most people fail to see both.

10+ Year Old Account
    Priest .. case closed

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanro View Post
    I think he will be the first mortal to ascend to become a naaru.
    You've been watching too much Stargate my friend.

Also, lorewise, Paladins are priests in plate with big hammers. The Order of the Silver Hand was formed after the first war when Archbishop Alonsus Faol (iirc) realised that priests were too fragile to be battlefield healers. He created an order of heavily armoured and well battle-trained priests to defend and heal with the light.

Priest should be because they devote the most talent specs to healing.

Historically paladins have always been the MUST HAVE healer for raiding, albeit they had a very narrow path they were also very mandatory.

Cata we'll see, though pallies are looking weak in the mana regen dept currently, I have yet to play with the holy powered light of dawn.

Lore wise? I dunno hard to say. If you want to go back to WC3 I think paladins probably get the spot.

I'd say priests. They're essentially dedicated healers, and to the best of my knowledge we only see "shadow priests" in lore come about as a convoluted explanation of how the Forsaken can heal without dying. We see this manifest in the fact that they are the only class with two healing trees and a third that's a damage tree mostly because of how Blizzard wanted them to be able to damage in-game; the explanation for the shadow tree is related to Forsaken and a different means to accomplish the same thing.

Paladins would be a close second. As Abb said, they're basically priests in plate. However one would assume that training in combat and weapons and armor would have an effect on their healing proficiency. Very few people anywhere in the world (of warcraft or otherwise) can be good at everything; there's a tradeoff. They're more "protectors of the light" than healers at this point; somebody dedicated to order and sees themselves as protectors of the weak. They can heal if they need to but use it more as a tool of their mission than a calling in itself.

Next I would say druids. They can heal, and I don't doubt the healing power of nature -- but they're not dedicated to the healing arts, they're dedicated to nature, so much so that they can turn into animals. They can heal as a consequence of that closeness. They heal others because they see others as part of nature, but I honestly wonder if somebody said "A TREE IS DYING! AND SO IS A GUY! COME HELP, DRUID!" that he'd hesitate deciding which gets his attention. Nothing but good comes from the tree, but humans... ehh..

And then shamans. Shamans can be very powerful but I get the sense through various quests and such that they elements are somewhat fickle. Shamans spend a lot of time getting in tune with them but ultimately they can only ask that something be done and hope that the elements are willing and able to listen. Also only one of their elements is actually related to healing. Others are related to destruction (which may have a healing component afterward, as a fire's destruction replenishes a forest bed).

In short: Priest > Paladin > Druid > Shaman in my opinion.
    Last edited by jb226; 2010-11-18 at 12:25 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    When Velen heals someone, its so powerful, that he resurrects a random villain that we have killed before. So yes, priests are the best.

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends highly on the situation, I'd say... Few are as strong against poison and natural diseases as druids and shamans, while paladins and priests, with their cleaning powers, are much more suited towards unnatural diseases (Plague) and arcane magic. But it's just my two cents..
    Sometimes I will log out in Roleplaying gear, so if my stats in the image below, seem ridicoulously low, then that's probably the reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by Martyn 470 View Post
    this banhammers gonna hit harder than puberty will hit justin bieber

I'd say Priest(esse)s of the Moon.

In a more traditional sense, I wouldn't say Paladins should be put anywhere but tied for last with Druids.

Priests were originally designed as designated healers. Shamans were the Horde answer to dedicated healing by intermixing it with other kinds of beneficial magic. Enhancement, as near as I can tell, is Thrall's answer to the Paladin, and he probably invented the entire idea, as we have little or no evidence of such a style before him taking the Warchief position.

Druids don't score very high, because like Paladins, they're focused on the ends, not the means. For a druid, it's preserving nature, unlike a Priest, healing their wounded isn't necessarily why they're there, they're there to fight the good fight on behalf of nature, if that includes growing a wound back together, fine.

A Paladin isn't 'a priest in plate', though the earliest Paladins did start that way. They're knights more than they are priests, and it's not about Order, either. Law is a new theme that Cataclysm is thrusting on the Retribution tree. Paladins were conceived of as a flexible elite soldier who could both heal and fight, because Orcs were directly targeting priests at the start of battles. It was assumed that a Plated Warrior trained in the same healing arts could survive being essentially 'focus fired' and wind up more efficient in the long run by combining damage soaking, healing of allies, and using their holy powers to 'cleanse' high value targets from the field to prevent further focus fire.

So I'd say Priests > Shamans > Druids = Paladins.

paladins use heal at the times when its necessary, all other classes(bad word) use it most of the time.

Holy Light > heal > healing wave > rejuvenate

EJ alike...
    single healing = pally.
    aoe healing = shamans.
    constant healing = priests

most useful class: old orc shaman> Paladin > Priest > druid
    Last edited by shotter; 2010-11-18 at 12:42 AM. Reason: typing

priest because they are the only class with 2 healing specs

Quote Originally Posted by Eled. View Post
    I'd say,
    "lorewise", you can be killed by a single arrow shot ;
    "lorewise", you can be killed by a single hit from a tauren wielding a giant mace ;
    "lorewise", you don't survive from 99% of whatever PCs and NPCs constantly get in their face in WoW.

That may be why "body" healers don't have a very important place in Warcraft Lore ; they kill lots of orcs, humans, elves or whatever, and nobody heals them, 'cause they just can't. After that, very few people are able to bring them back from death.
    The only healers you can find usually heal wounded people after battle or in case of diseases..

Healers we know in WoW are "game" healers, like those in Warcraft RTS, they're here as a game dynamic.

On contrary, I'd say soul and nature healers have a great place in Warcraft "lore".
    While not entirely inaccurate, fighting in a battlefield almost never results in getting hit in the face, and honestly, even shot with an arrow straight through the heart, you can fight for as much as one minute before you pass out from lack of oxygen to the brain, and many more before your brain completely gives out.

Hell, decapitated people are assumed to retain ordinary brain function for 30 seconds, unless they go into shock.

Most battlefield injuries result from a cheap shot to the back that makes a nasty wound, but isn't fatal, or a slightly missed parry or dodge that leaves you with a gash or a scratch, the dead are people who fought to exhaustion, and either got trampled, or someone came along and delivered a coup de grace.

I see no reason why healing as we see it in game could not be meaningful in a world where magic was capable of such things.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeriel View Post
    Shadow priests technically are not "lore". The spec was added to give Priests an easier leveling experience.
    Priests should be the most powerful healers, because they heal directly. Druids and shamans use nature (basically herbalism) to heal. Paladin healing is an off-shoot of Priests.

---------- Post added 2010-11-17 at 12:49 PM ----------

Neither of those are druids. They're both Priests...
    wrong, shadow priests exist in lore
    or else there wouldn't be undead priest + why the hell would there be a shadow part?,they could simply attack with light like paladins

Priests should be the best healer, atm they're the worst soo :P

Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    wrong, shadow priests exist in lore
    or else there wouldn't be undead priest + why the hell would there be a shadow part?,they could simply attack with light like paladins
    because shadow priest cant use light (holy) also in-game > Shadowform
    Last edited by shotter; 2010-11-18 at 12:47 AM. Reason: quote needed

10+ Year Old Account
    Fighting alongside Turalyon and Alleria against the Burning Legion
    Quote Originally Posted by MortalWombat View Post
    When Velen heals someone, its so powerful, that he resurrects a random villain that we have killed before. So yes, priests are the best.
    lmao, kudos. +1 internet for making me chuckle
    Participator in the Great 'Real ID Forum Change' Riot July 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by Divaet View Post
    I love being self-richeous..
    Quote Originally Posted by DailyBlink View Post
    Malygos flips out and creates a mana blackhole. Mages no longer use Mana, instead having a new resource called 'Derp'.