Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Need Opinions: Hyjal or Vashj'ir

I really wanna hit Hyjal but don't wanna miss out on Throne of the Tides. Is Vashj'ir a really fun zone or should I go with Hyjal?

Quote Originally Posted by M_10 View Post
    I really wanna hit Hyjal but don't wanna miss out on Throne of the Tides. Is Vashj'ir a really fun zone or should I go with Hyjal?
    Beta tester here.

I've leveled through both zones, completing literally every quest in each. Vashj'ir is a much more story - type zone, with you being right in the center of it. The environment is beautiful, as well as the zone being huge. If you're going for new lore, this is the place to go.

Hyjal on the other hand goes by rather fast. If you're looking to get through 80-82 with ease, hyjal is the way to go. I think it took me about 6-10 hours /played to finish Vash, but I finished Hyjal in one sit down.

edit; the questline in vash is straight forward 100%, but hyjals has you runing all over the place with a deepholme type of deal, activating shrines and whatnot. In other words, the questing is better in general. For me at least.

I did Hyjal before some of the changes, but I found it a lot of fun, aside from some of the early elemental quests-which were one of the things changed, I think.
    Vashj'ir was nice, but you're going to either love it or hate it. Either you will love the new style of movement and adventuring, or you will hate it on sight. *shrug* I loved it, personally. Everything that COULD have been annoying was dealt with-you get a permanent breathing buff while in the zone, and a swimming speed boost, plus a mount halfway through the first area. But I know a lot of people who hated the zone too, soooo...
    Honestly, check out the first bits of both areas, and see which you like.

Deleted
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...Vs-Mount-Hyjal

Also, Vashjir is a bit "slower" because of the "Sea Maiden" questline, with a lot of running around to do

I personally loved Vashj'ir compared to Hyjal. Which made me sad because I have been waiting for years to have Hyjal actually opened up as a playable zone and was disappointed with it overall. Not that it was terrible or anything, I guess I set Hyjal on a pedestal (doesn't help that my main is a druid). I'll be going to Vashj'ir first when Cata goes live because it was more interesting quest/story wise.
    Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it.
    Melodi, Resto Druid

10+ Year Old Account
    Loved Vashj'ir (beta tester), but I liked the way Hyjal's flow went. It was very streamlined. In Vashj'ir, just seemed like I was being sent to a new area, way before I finished more than a few quests in another area. Although, the underwater stuff leveling is pretty cable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Go to vashj'ir, it's something new and different compared to other zones and you get a cool seahorse mount in the first few quests

Beta tester here. Do both. Mobs in both zones die like twice as fast as mobs in Deepholme. Overall I would say both zones are more experience efficient than later zones

Quote Originally Posted by M_10 View Post
    Vashj'ir is the way to go, you can pretty much go from 80-83 in the massive zone.
    Then hit up Uldum over Twilight Highlands.

Quote Originally Posted by Fatowlkinidiot View Post
    Beta tester here. Do both. Mobs in both zones die like twice as fast as mobs in Deepholme. Overall I would say both zones are more experience efficient than later zones
    When live hits and people swarm the two starting zones getting to later zones quicker will make them more efficient.

I did both in the beta and I can say that the sheer beauty of Vashj'ir nade leveling there so much better.
    Quote Originally Posted by TotalBiscuit View Post
    And here we come to the entire crux of the matter. Millions of people also listen to Justin Bieber, doesn't mean it's good music.

10+ Year Old Account
    Vashj'ir

It's underwater.
    I reported lamb of log twice, once for having a slow car and once for trolling.

I'm in beta, have done every quest in both zones.

Personally I think Hyjal has potential to be faster, but its also more likely to have pvp and/or kill stealing.

Personally I will be doing Vashj'ir first.

What's the best way to get into each of these zones? I want to know exactly where to go when Cata hits so I can get goin.

---------- Post added 2010-11-18 at 04:16 AM ----------

anyone?

---------- Post added 2010-11-18 at 05:27 AM ----------

Nevermind...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwY9QTYcuP8

:-)

Was personally going to do full Hyjal then a bit of Vash to finish to 83 before continuing. Duo levelling so higher level zone wont be as rough.
    Was going to do the opposite but thing how 'packed' hyjal will be when people start slowly crawling into it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pickley View Post
    Vashj'ir is the way to go, you can pretty much go from 80-83 in the massive zone.
    Then hit up Uldum over Twilight Highlands.
    Don't forget there is the Therazane Rep to grind in order to get those new shoulder enchants, so Deepholme is a zone i'm going to level in and finish ASAP

My druid will be leveling in Hyjal first for "RP" reasons even though it will probably be a lot more crowded.

Hyjal is faster, i guess it will be Vash 40% and Hyjal 60%. but since the Terrain Phaseing, you will phase away from crowded stuff anyway. im going to do Hyjal first because its faster and i love the story around that, but when i hit 85 im going Vash'jir.

hyjal my mainz a druid n ill always go for something more druidness lol ill hit vashjir a little bit after 85
    no beta

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't have the beta but have been wondering the question myself so have done a fair amount of research - hyjal looks "easier", imo. I will definately be going to Vashj'ir when the hype has dyed off because it looks amazing!

A bit off topic; does anyone know if when you're the party leader everyone else near you in your party will see the same phasing as you do? I'm sure I read something on it but I can't find it.