stock i7-950 temps

curious as to what an average idle/wow load temp should be for a stock hsf on a core i7-950 stock clocks should be?

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on the ambient temps, your cooling system, your arrangement....mine idles at 39-42 degrees C with the stock fan which is about what it should be around.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    Depends on the ambient temps, your cooling system, your arrangement....mine idles at 39-42 degrees C with the stock fan which is about what it should be around.
    Yup low to mid 40's depending on ambient temperature (temp of the room the PC is in) anything higher IE 50+ you may want to reseat your HSF.

excellent, had checked my temps and I was idling higher then I thought it should be (about 50 to low 50's) and checked my voltages and such in bios and realized my board was overdoing it for stock. Dropped a few things and now I'm in the range you guys specified thanks for the responses!

---------- Post added 2010-11-19 at 03:33 AM ----------

how bout hyperthreading? worth it or no big deal to turn off? I see significant temp diffs with it off and not much difference performance wise.

---------- Post added 2010-11-19 at 03:33 AM ----------

significant in the realm of like a few degrees but its noticeable i should say