Lightbulb Major Event Before Patch 4.0.3a?

I understand patch 4.0.3a will be The Shattering.

Currently players are experiencing the elemental city invasion. The only thing left I believe is Deathwing scorching random places in the world, and I still don't know if that happens before the world changes or after.

So the question being, is there still yet a major event to happen so players truly experience how the world breaks? Or will we log in patch day to a new world and just assume the elemental invasion/Deathwing scorching random places to be the major shattering?

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope, this is it. Deathwing wrecking shit is the last part. Pretty lame eh?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellphantine View Post
    "Rock Knocker"
    as in Rock Knocker Hellphantine
    Spend 100+ hours melee dpsing under a boss' testicles.
    - From the create your own title thread.

Pretty sure a blue post said there were only 4 phases for the event. Also in the PTR, the elemental invasion is still happening despite The Shattering having already happened in the PTR. The earthquakes are the only thing that have changed, and they are now quick short rumbles.

15+ Year Old Account
    There have been rumors churning in the rumor mills of the internet that there will be a new major event (not a fifth phase, even though it is being called that) to bring us into Cataclysm, but who knows?

I hope there is, but already the Elemental Invasion has far surpassed the Zombie Infestation in terms of development time (not fun factor, that is individually judged).
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

10+ Year Old Account
    but in the videos Deathwing was flying over Hyjal so i think thats after the shattering or cata release

Quote Originally Posted by dranx View Post
    Wow I swear they were hyping it up so much. IMO I thought the invasion event got old after the second time.

You see deathwing going around the world and tearing it up in the cinematic. We don't get to experience it in the game but it does show you whats going on.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by dranx View Post
    I guess fitting considering the engine WoW is on can't do anything major to the game like truly show us the world changing.

I just hope deathwing destroying everything happens before patch 4.0.3a, because transitioning from an elemental invasion to a destroyed world wouldn't seem fitting at all.

well I would assume that for the Anniversary the shattering is gonna happen, and they are gonna be like WHAT A GREAT ANNIVERSARY THIS IS AZEROTH HAS CHANGED FOREVER. Probably nothing planned other than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post

I just hope deathwing destroying everything happens before patch 4.0.3a, because transitioning from an elemental invasion to a destroyed world wouldn't seem fitting at all.
    You do know that the shattering (patch 4.0.3a) is when deathwing SHATTERS the world... right?

10+ Year Old Account
    i think a lot of people are confused how the change will actually happen, including myself. will the servers simply go down, come back up, and then all of Azeroth is changed forever? it seems like we should at least be greeted by an in-game cinematic when we sign on or something. going from elementals attacking to just coming online to a shattered world is a bit.....incomplete feeling.
    Stormbringer Guild of Khadgar -- Join Now!
    www.stormbringer.guildzilla.com

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    i think a lot of people are confused how the change will actually happen, including myself. will the servers simply go down, come back up, and then all of Azeroth is changed forever? it seems like we should at least be greeted by an in-game cinematic when we sign on or something. going from elementals attacking to just coming online to a shattered world is a bit.....incomplete feeling.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wq4Y7ztznKc

There you go

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    Read here:

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Chillton

Q: I can imagine the launch of Cataclysm will be a very emotional day for the Blizzard Team, as there will be no turning back, you'll actually be destroying a world. Will there be crying?
    A: Well, I think there is always crying. *laughter* If you go the forums right now, there are people crying. *mass laughter* It'll be a lot of fun, it will be emotional. Actually, the Cataclysm is going to happen before the boxes are even on the shelves. So players are going to be able to play through all the new quests and level 1-60 for a couple weeks before the boxes are on the shelf or somewhere around one week to a couple weeks. We don't know the exact timing yet or the exact days. But we do know that the Cataclysm event is going to happen ahead of time. That transition is a very important process for us. Something that we've been trying to communicate is the way that transition will work is that we have world events that lead up to the Cataclysm that kind of play out with the current content patch. As the world events lead up to it, a lot like the zombie invasion did with Lich King. We will then, at one point, bring the servers down, a couple weeks before Cataclysm officially launches and is on the shelves, and players at that point will have all the downloaded content for the new Azeroth and Kalimdor, all the new Cataclysm quests, that kind of stuff. When they log in, they'll see the introductory cinematic. So they'll be delivered the cinematic without even having bought the Cataclysm expansion. You'll have the intro cinematic, so you'll watch the cinematic, and see what happens to the world. So when you log in for the first time after the Cataclysm happens, you'll have this context for 'Why is it that when I log in today suddenly the world is different?'. So that transition I think will be very important and it'll actually be a little bit before the boxes are available on the shelves to go from level 80 to 85.
    Source: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...lysm-Interview
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    That actually cleared everything up. Thank you!