Deleted

Tips on leveling before cata

Hi,

Me and a friend are going to play new mains in cataclysm. Since we won't be playing either goblin or worgen, we are going to start leveling now.
    Both of us want to get to 80 asap. We have heirlooms.

Do you have any suggestions on the most effective leveling strategy these days? Is RAF the way to go or can it be done really fast without it (up to 60)?

Cheers.

spam dungeons as tank healer combo

Deleted
    the best way to level is to enjoy leveling
    see the awesome new changes, and the new quests, dont just rush ur way to the end

10+ Year Old Account
    While in Q quest normally.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hordie View Post
    the best way to level is to enjoy leveling
    see the awesome new changes, and the new quests, dont just rush ur way to the end
    For you maybe. As I said we want to get to 80 asap. There will be time later to enjoy quests and such.

RAF. And then, get someone you know to run you through SM 20-35, BRD 35-40, Strath 40-60. At sixty, RAF stops and then just quest and Q for dungeons together.

the way i have got all these level 70 is from RAF i got 1 lvl 60 with RAF boosting on my main a ele shammy in about 4-5 hours that is how quick it is
    started at 10-60 starting at RFC to 17 then SFK 25 then SM to 45 then ZF a little then to scholo that is with hierlooms aswell
    Intel i7 2600k | NZXT Havik 140 | Asrock Z77 Extreme4 | 3x Liyama E2407HDS(5760x1080) | Intel 520 Series 120GB
    2x EVGA GTX 690 SC Signature 4096MB in SLI | 16GB Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 2133 | CoolMaster HAF X

Aye, go as a tank/healer combo with RAF. I did so with a friend of mine and it was really really fast. Faster would be to use RAF and use a third account to boost you two up:

Deadmines: 15-20
    Scarlet Monastery: 20-35
    (Try to do both the Cathedral and Armory before reseting, the others aren't worth doing)
    Zul'farrak: 35-45
    Scholomance: 45-60
    (no point on changing to Brd as you would probably gain a level or two just running ZF before even getting to the Brd instance).

When you get to outland, either continue boosting them up through mainly the hellfire instances (more mobs, more xp), or change to solo questing. Queuing as healer/tank is not the best solution I'd say when you get to Outland and Northrend, as the groups might be very horrible and you find yourself wasting a lot of time "carrying" the bads. Also, I would recommend solo questing especially on the loot X amount of stuff quests, but I have never tried group questing.

Deleted
    If you dont have the option to getboosted by a third account just do instances up to 58 as Tank-Healer-Combo, you dont have to care for dds they are just involved to get you faster into the dungeon^^.

Than do all the quests on the HFP only do the dungeons if you have the quests and to boost your gear a bit (I normally do HFP until I have the questing achievement) continue on questing in the Zangarmarsh until 65, swap to Nagrand until 68 (Dont miss the Arena Quest).

Go to Northrend. Do the first starting zone until quest achievement, only do dungeons if you have the quests, you should be level 71/72 then. switch to second starting zone (I know less xp but really fast because of gear and level, absolutely compensates for that).

Level 74/75 switch to Dragonblight or Grizzly Hills until 76, do Sholazar and Zul Drak until 78 switch to Storm Peak for the Sons of Hodir quest chain and the K9 Quests.

Than Icecrown phased quests and the quests arround Knights of the Ebon Blade. With normal mob killing arround you should be 80 by than. Doing this by myself the 4th Twink.

Having any Level Gaps in between do on or two dungeons, at least you can get some optional drops, which really dont needed after the talent revamp. (Did Last Rites yesterday with my level 71 Prot Pala solo in about one minute, so nothing to worry about anymore).
    Last edited by mmoc8b704fdc42; 2010-11-18 at 01:45 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    pro tip: wait for cata to lvl up...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azahel View Post
    pro tip: wait for cata to lvl up...
    What is pro about that?

---------- Post added 2010-11-18 at 02:57 PM ----------

Kyndred, Dudejoss, ledger, Drood

Thanks, great advices.
    Last edited by mmocee7c8322d0; 2010-11-18 at 01:56 PM.

You do know that you have to actually go to a dungeon before it will be available to you in the LFD. So you might as well quest or fly your ass around and find them all.

i highly suggest you wait for 4.0.3a leveling will be exponentially better.

so much better it's not even funny. it will make classic questing look like shit

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildstaff View Post
    i highly suggest you wait for 4.0.3a leveling will be exponentially better.

so much better it's not even funny. it will make classic questing look like shit
    thanks for the suggestion. im eager to start leveling and if i knew for certain that 4.0.3a will come next week then i would wait.

it will most likely come next week. i started a new warrior a few days ago and i'm desperately trying to finish these old westfall quests before the shattering

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildstaff View Post
    it will most likely come next week. i started a new warrior a few days ago and i'm desperately trying to finish these old westfall quests before the shattering
    hope so. if we start to level now, at what level do you suggest we stop, to make sure we don't miss a lot of cool new content? or is 1-20 a nice experience in 4.0.3a?