Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    yeah they do, i've put too much time into them to just disregard them. hopefully we'll have account wide achievements soon though.

Kinda. It pains me to play alts sometimes when they dont have great gear/mounts/etc.

Mage has crimson deatcharger and i hardly play it now, kinda annoying. Lock tabard of the lightbringer, same story.

No,

I stopped maining my Shaman here during Ulduar, now that is not to say I have not pugged, or ran 10 man stuff with him. My Paladin was my guilds MT thru ToC, then I made the swap to my rogue, which will be my main come Cataclysm.

during the time I was maining my Tank and Rogue, I still found time to play my Shaman to obtain multiple achievements, and will continue to do so come Cataclysm.

8500+ cheesypoints, 9 mounts away from 100, 80 something pets, Loremaster/Seeker, close to 40 Exalted factions, all the Holiday stuff.

Sure I am missing alot of 25 man Raid Achievements, and a ton of PVP ones (I am not a PVP'er) I should be able to obtain all the WOTLK 10 man ones, hell I even got a Frostwyrm on my Shaman in 10 man, while I did 25 mans on the Rogue.

Cata should make it easier for me to keep my Shaman active, as he will be my second toon leveled, taking extra care to continue the Cataclysm Loremaster stuff.

This should be a poll. And yeah, I did let that stuff make me play my main for awhile. My main was a rogue since start of WoW, and when i found out about pets you could collect, i went after them all, and at the time, i got all of the super rare pets, the title knight, and a few other things. So i never wanted an alt until WotLK was so boring on my rogue, that i just had to... So i leveled a shaman and its my new main. I never play my rogue anymore ;(

Deleted
    hells no, i have realm first shit ill never be able to get again on chars and still didnt think twice when rerolling cause guild/whatever needed it

I used to care about the rep/achievement/mounts on my old main, warrior around 7.9k achievement points. But I got over it, it's just pixels...I just don't like where warriors are going in Cataclysm, plan on leveling a Priest or Paladin when next patch hits as my next class to level up. Currently have Warrior, Rogue, Mage, Druid, Shaman, and a 63 DK.

Can't wait for account-wide achievements. I hate being tied down to one character because I have all my old stuff on it.

I farm achievements on my old main and raid on my new main.

I main changed from a rogue to a druid in BC and still paying for it on my druid because I don't have AQ/MC rep. So yes, in a way achievements and vanity items do keep me to my druid, but I love my druid and have no urge to reroll. If I did want to reroll it would be a difficult decision as I would have to be so unhappy playing a druid that the only way to enjoy the game and not quit is rerolling to X class, just due to the massive amount of work I put in on my druid. (Over 9k achievement points, 100+ mounts, 100+ pets, 40+ Exalted factions etc.)

I do wish Blizz would implement an account wide achievement system so it's less painful to reroll if you want to. Let's face it, who really wants to rep grind Wintersaber Trainers or any old school rep like that again? Not my idea of fun anyway.
    Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it.
    Melodi, Resto Druid

10+ Year Old Account
    Not so much mounts and achievements, but one-time titles and stuff like that I would cry like a little baby if I had to switch main.

Ie, Death's Demise, Magic Seeker, Obsidian Slayer, Grand Crusader, etc.

Every other mount and title that is farmable isn't such a big deal, because it is farmable. But those I just can't lose :<

Quote Originally Posted by Dunee View Post
    Well I have Anzu, tiger, turtle, rusted, frostwyrm, deathcharger *2 and prolly some more on my main.
    on my alt im swapping over to in cata, I have a frostwyrm.
    That's the spirit! ; )
    Hi

Deleted
    Yes, to some part, had a very hard time going from my warrior to my new shaman, but now its done and im happy for my change, enjoy the game so much more, even without some achievements/mounts/pets.

Though i doubt i would ever do it again since i gained quite a bit on my shaman now, not much, but still enough to not make it again.

Deleted
    I just play my main because i love it, its not my character, it is an extention of me, even if my alt had more stuff than my main, which it wouldnt cos i wouldnt play it enough, my main would remain my main.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kinda? Titles, pets, mounts and the like make me want to keep playing the same character. But most "achievements" are meaningless.

But then I'm on the same character I started sixish years ago.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account
    So my priest has been my only character since starting, and I wouldn't change her anyway, but even if i wanted to, all of the things I have it would be sad to lose. I have all the brewfest cups, most mounts, most pets, full T3, benediction etc.

I don't care about the achievements. Just the BOP items in my bank really. And like I have old PVP titles and things.

Yeah, it does suck a bit. But then I remember I'm awesome.
    Seriously though, I have three toons with raid achieves, rare mounts and titles spread among them, each one being played at a different point throughout my WoW experience so they don't share these accquisitions.
    Oddly it doesn't stop me from making a new main every expansion depending on what guild/friends need for their group. It's just a bit frustrating seeing my friend, who limited himself to one toon for the duration of WoW, amassing his achievement points and collectables with the ferocity of someone who doesn't know the meaning of the word alt...
    Congratulations, your mind has been expanded.

Deleted
    I'm semi tired of my class, but I just can't make myself reroll.

10645 achievement points. 126 mounts. 51 exalted factions.

So, yes. It does.

At one period I was really looking of making my Rogue my main since my main(Hunter) wasn't currently at a state of challenge. Well in the end I didn't change my main, I still love my Rogue and I still wish that Achievements were account-bound, but my passion for Hunters is again greatest. I'll be leveling my Rogue as soon as I'm done with my main.

Edit: I'd like to add that if you really want to play something else Achievements shouldn't restrict you. I guess the only way to change a main with a lot of Achievements is to delete it and somehow to get over the hole left inside of you...
    Last edited by Maleficious; 2010-11-18 at 07:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Achievements, Mounts, and Companions are what I do during the days I am Locked to raids and cannot do anything. This won't be the case come Cata and there are a couple new raids to try, but soon enough I will be back at Archeology and Achievements. I think they were an awesome addition, and I do have to say they make me more inclined to play a certain character if I have spent time getting a rare mount/companion on him. However I have a level 80 DK, Paladin, Lock, and Rogue, and also level 75 Warrior, Druid, and Shaman.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    There's nothing for casuals to do, beyond pretend they are raiders in LFR.